• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.

danm999

Cool I'm all up to date on Metal Gear stuff. I had only played 1, 2 and half of three until Metal Gear Scanlon, now I'm 100% current which is a good thing given these review scores.

daydream

Banned
I'm sure the game is great but getting a 10 doesn't really mean much these days. Pretty sure this is the third game this year alone to receive a 10 from gamespot.

and they've already talked themselves into the next one with fallout 4, i'm sure

Myggen

Come on GB.. you're late.

GB wasn't at the review event, so they're not posting a review now!

But since it sounds like the outlets that weren't at the event still got review copies, Dan might be playing the game now (it sounds like Destructoid actually got a review up without having been at the event). So we might get a review from GB pre release after all.

I wonder if "sparse" for a metal gear game is still above average when compared to other games.

Also: seems the metal gear wikis are being updated with TPP spoilers so beware

GB wasn't at the review event, so they're not posting a review now!

But since it sounds like the outlets that weren't at the event still got review copies, Dan might be playing the game now (it sounds like Destructoid actually got a review up without having been at the event). So we might get a review from GB pre release after all.

Considering Dan has not said anything regarding the scores on Twitter, perhaps he is. I mean, surely Dan would chime in with excitement, right?

sparse story.

Lame boss battles.

Grinding and repeating content to unlock more of the story.

10/10

I wonder how time will remember MGSV. A lot of the concerns people had seem to have come to pass.

Man you weren't kidding, that uploader is fucking terrible lol.

It's been stuck at "890 of 1470" for like 20 minutes now.

Once you have everything uploaded, you don't need to use the desktop thing anymore though. Any new music you add can be drag-dropped straight into the web client.

It looks stuck but isn't. Just let it keep going.

Megasoum

Banned
Once you have everything uploaded, you don't need to use the desktop thing anymore though. Any new music you add can be drag-dropped straight into the web client.

There's an actual desktop app? All I'm seeing is the website.

The desktop app is just a small window with a "I'm feeling lucky mix" button and a button to open the website.

neshcom

Banned
Man you weren't kidding, that uploader is fucking terrible lol.

It's been stuck at "890 of 1470" for like 20 minutes now.

Isn't it kind of like one of those idle-cycle uploaders? I remember it wouldn't upload when I was using the internet when I uploaded x years ago.

There's an actual desktop app? All I'm seeing is the website.

The desktop app is just a small window with a "I'm feeling lucky mix" button and a button to open the website.

Oh. Uhhh yeah. The web app is the good uploader. Haha! I never tried to upload more than 1 album at a time on the web player.

Megasoum

Banned
Isn't it kind of like one of those idle-cycle uploaders? I remember it wouldn't upload when I was using the internet when I uploaded x years ago.

But how am I supposed to not use the internet? It's like when someone tells you to not think about anything.

But how am I supposed to not use the internet? It's like when someone tells you to not thing about anything.

If you can let it run overnight, it will finish uploading and in the future will be much easier to do so.

I know this seems like a pain in the ass, but don't let this first impression bum you out. You're uploading, most likely, a fucking lot of data. The functionality of the app is great. I use it on desktop, Android phone, and iPad. It's good on all of them, way better than iTunes/Apple's music app ever was.

Myggen

Jason from Kotaku is speculating that IGN might not have played the version of the game with the real ending, while GS did. Review events ya'll.

justjim89

Hearing how un-Metal Gear MGSV sounds is really bumming me the fuck out. It sounds fun as hell to play, but it sounds like they really half-assed the story.

Jason from Kotaku is speculating that IGN might not have played the version of the game with the real ending, while GS did. Review events ya'll.

I hope so badly that this is true. Not because I hate IGN or something petty like that, but because I like the drama.

I'm a video game drama queen.

Haunted

Team Austin on Super Slam Dunk Touchdown were impeccable.

Great QL, Austin Watson/Austin Creed/Xavier Woods making the rounds in the gaming circuit lately. Excellent Adventures, Kinda Funny, now GB. Good shit.

Megasoum

Banned
If you can let it run overnight, it will finish uploading and in the future will be much easier to do so.

I know this seems like a pain in the ass, but don't let this first impression bum you out. You're uploading, most likely, a fucking lot of data. The functionality of the app is great. I use it on desktop, Android phone, and iPad. It's good on all of them, way better than iTunes/Apple's music app ever was.

Yeah I gave up on the official music app on iOS since the last updated that added the Apple Music stuff and made it fucking terrible. I switch to "Ecoute" which works great provided you can actually manage the library on the phone properly.

I'll give Google Music a fair try and see how it goes.

Thanks for the help

daydream

Banned

it's gonna be a miracle if the industry gets to the point where i could take it seriously during my lifetime

let's hope future generations will get to witness that

Myggen

Scratch that, he speculates that IGN didn't get the true ending while GS did. I need to point out that he hasn't finished the game, so he doesn't know if there actually is several endings or not.

I'm guessing it's Impossible for them to test if they don't get a review copy in time. Not being able to go back and check things like that makes review events nightmares for big games.

justjim89

I have a feeling if the ending were what a LOT of people were wanting and expecting it to be, we'd have heard about it by now.

No Operation Intrude N313

Myggen

Just everything Konami does continues to be fascinating.

I was a bit fast on the trigger there, see my next post. Though there was some talk from one reviewer in there about the game not having a proper ending at the event, that they had to play a review copy after the fact for that. Fuck if I know.

danm999

I was a bit fast on the trigger there, see my next post. Though there was some talk from one reviewer in there about the game not having a proper ending at the event, that they had to play a review copy after the fact for that. Fuck if I know.

Even the review event still makes me feel that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom