• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not calling you crazy. I like matchmaking as well. Having the option there is just never a bad thing. I just thought you might be one of those guys who can#t deal with a game if it doesn't have a server browser.

I just feel like the option more often than not ruins the matchmaking. The BF4 matchmaking is pretty much just "put me in a random server, whatever"

I just feel like the option more often than not ruins the matchmaking. The BF4 matchmaking is pretty much just "put me in a random server, whatever"

The best solution would be having a bunch of generic servers for matchmaking and then letting people host their own servers on which you can only join via the server browser. I think CS:GO works like this.

What in the hell sort of CQC technique is Dan trying to teach Drew in this MGS episode? Slamming a dude is like the second worst thing you could do in a situation were you already that close to the enemy, next to out right shooting them.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
So the Happy Birthday song is now officially part of the public domain? I wonder if all those chain restaurants will adopt it or will they stick with whatever ridiculous jingle they came up with.

The copyright ruling says the the previous owners did not actually own the song's rights. It doesn't actually say the song is in the public domain, only that the people who used to own it (Warner) don't anymore. In practical terms, no one is going to charge you for singing the song as Warner used to do, but technically someone else could still own the work's copyright, just not Warner.

Halo 5 looks great, it's definitely an improvement over Halo 4. I'm interested to see how the squad stuff comes together considering that it's going to be the first Halo that I go through solo and having to put up with bad AI would be annoying.

The best solution would be having a bunch of generic servers for matchmaking and then letting people host their own servers on which you can only join via the server browser. I think CS:GO works like this.

Bingo. Not entirely sure how difficult this is, but it really is the best solution.

Maybe only Valve can get a way with it because they have a large enough playerbase for splitting it to not be a problem, but it's the solution I'd like to see in pretty much every game. Make one "official" way to play the game, and let people have their 10,000 ticket 24/7 Metro Conquest Large servers somewhere far away from me.

The copyright ruling says the the previous owners did not actually own the song's rights. It doesn't actually say the song is in the public domain, only that the people who used to own it (Warner) don't anymore. In practical terms, no one is going to charge you for singing the song as Warner used to do, but technically someone else could still own the work's copyright, just not Warner.

Wouldn't that copyright have expired if no one was renewing it?

strafer

7Xh0TO2.gif

It's kind of a useless system though

It's not that useless when you don't want to constantly switch between D-Horse and D-Dog when moving between outposts in a mission or you want to do a bunch of side-ops without using the helicopter.

Edit: I assume it's just a cardboard box fast travel system like at mother base, right?

Bacon

It's not that useless when you don't want to constantly switch between D-Horse and D-Dog when moving between outposts in a mission or you want to do a bunch of side-ops without using the helicopter.

Edit: I assume it's just a cardboard box fast travel system like at mother base, right?

It's more complicated than that and honestly not worth the hassle 99% of the time

Sulik2

Halo 5 looks like a better Halo 4.

Maybe i should play more than 5 minutes of Halo 4

Halo 4 is a solid single player game, you should play it. Play Heroic and have fun, Halo combat is always great. And I say this as an idiot who beat it solo on legendary and wanted to break the disc by the time I was done.

Wait wait wait... there's a FAST travel system in MGSV? That would have been nice to know about 40 in-game hours ago.

'Return to ACC' is a better fast travel about 95% of the time.

Though it is VITAL at Mother Base.

What in the hell sort of CQC technique is Dan trying to teach Drew in this MGS episode? Slamming a dude is like the second worst thing you could do in a situation were you already that close to the enemy, next to out right shooting them.

Dan has several... odd... opinions about playing MGS5. Combined with Drew's weird intolerance(?) for some of the game's mechanics, that last episode was weird to watch. And Drew's reluctance to 'gotta fulton them all!' is going to bite him in the ass if he's gonna be doing a more run and gun style a little later on. Well on the way to becoming
Demon Drew
, though.

def sim

Yeah, though you have to find the platform and take the invoice for each one first. If you're on alert, it won't work at all.

On PC with an SSD, loading times are not very long so returning to acc to go between outposts is much quicker.

Xater

Dan developing bad habits seems to be a pattern. Remember when he said he doesn't lock onto enemies in Bloodborne because the roll is better? WAT?

You have to find the fast travel points in the open world and grab the invoice unlike the motherbase fast travel points. They are spread out widely and you need to be at one to travel to another. These points are often terribly placed so fast traveling to a heavily guarded outpost often puts you in a bad starting point when infiltrating. In most cases, you are better off spending the money to use your helicopter. Using crates to exit a hot zone is super useful though.

Halo 4 is a solid single player game, you should play it. Play Heroic and have fun, Halo combat is always great. And I say this as an idiot who beat it solo on legendary and wanted to break the disc by the time I was done.
I personally thought Halo 4 solo legendary was way too easy. The H4 A.I was pretty bad tbh. (Have done it twice, once H4, and other in MCC)

It bothers me Swery gets to hang out so much.

It means nobody is giving him money to get busy making games.

I hope it is Lang and co helping out on d4 s2. But yeah, loves to hang out lots .

I personally thought Halo 4 solo legendary was way too easy. The H4 A.I was pretty bad tbh. (Have done it twice, once H4, and other in MCC)

I imagine the fights with the prometheans to be really in annoying on solo legendary. Those enemies weren't any fun to fight in co-op on heroic, so I can't imagine dealing with more resilient versions by yourself is much fun.

trust me, you'll want the fast travel options available to you when you're doing a bunch of side missions near the end. sure you can return to ACC but you still have to land the damn helicopter each time.

also there are a lot of missions that you can bypass large segments of just by fast travelling.

Wunder

'Return to ACC' is a better fast travel about 95% of the time.

Though it is VITAL at Mother Base.

Dan has several... odd... opinions about playing MGS5. Combined with Drew's weird intolerance(?) for some of the game's mechanics, that last episode was weird to watch. And Drew's reluctance to 'gotta fulton them all!' is going to bite him in the ass if he's gonna be doing a more run and gun style a little later on. Well on the way to becoming
Demon Drew
, though.

Yeah that 2nd episode was painful. Just blasting dudes without a suppressor, thus attracting even more dudes to shoot >_<

tchocky

Yeah that 2nd episode was painful. Just blasting dudes without a suppressor, thus attracting even more dudes to shoot >_<

He thought he had a suppressor on for some of that but didn't realise because reflex mode messes with the sound. Look at his shocked reaction when Dan tells him he has no suppressor.

He thought he had a suppressor on for some of that but didn't realise because reflex mode messes with the sound. Look at his shocked reaction when Dan tells him he has no suppressor.

There's tutorial radio text that tells you when the suppressor is exhausted, but Drew misses some of that stuff when he and Dan are bantering.

Like they could have totally missed DD unless Jason wasn't like 'HEY, DOG'

There's tutorial radio text that tells you when the suppressor is exhausted, but Drew misses some of that stuff when he and Dan are bantering.

Like they could have totally missed DD unless Jason wasn't like 'HEY, DOG'

Still haven't watch the episode but I wish Jason wouldn't have done that. I love the idea of them never getting DD because they aren't paying attention.

Still haven't watch the episode but I wish Jason wouldn't have done that. I love the idea of them never getting DD because they aren't paying attention.

Lol that would be pretty great, I could imagine Drew trampling little DD with his horse and Dan going "What was that?!?" "I didn't hear anything" "Oh okay whatever".

Lol that would be pretty great, I could imagine Drew trampling little DD with his horse and Dan going "What was that?!?" "I didn't hear anything" "Oh okay whatever".

All leading to an explosion of pure Drew rage 20 hours later when he triggers an alert and dies due to some random guy he didn't mark for the 30th time.

The funny thing about discussing how drew is playing is that since this series is being recorded way in advance of when we see it for all we know he's doing just fine and none of this feedback is needed since it doesn't apply to his current play style

Alfredo

I'm just starting MGS V, and I'm glad I found out about the fast travel system. I hate having to watch the helicopter landing sequence every time, and it even took me a long time to figure out the "Return to ACC" thing.

The funny thing about discussing how drew is playing is that since this series is being recorded way in advance of when we see it for all we know he's doing just fine and none of this feedback is needed since it doesn't apply to his current play style

Or it means he's playing badly and it's going to take 10 episodes before he receives any feedback. D:

def sim

Looking at his achievements, he's totally playing them the day before he puts them up. At least that's true for the latest episode.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Anybody have the clip of Jeff as Axel Foley from whatever terrible Kinect/eyetoy game that was? All I can find when searching is the actual Beverly Hills Cop game from UPF.

edit: Of course. It was Yoostar 2: In the Movies. Not You're in the Movies. Nor Attack of the Movies. Also not the actual quick look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom