• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Catching up on the bombcast. Been a waiter for the last six years paying tuition off of tips, so its nice to get a lot of love from the GB guys. And you guys are right, dealing with the general public does suck at times, though a good number of them are pretty thankful for bringing food/drinks/etc.

TraBuch

Banned
Catching up on the bombcast. Been a waiter for the last six years paying tuition off of tips, so its nice to get a lot of love from the GB guys. And you guys are right, dealing with the general public does suck at times, though a good number of them are pretty thankful for bringing food/drinks/etc.
Do you work at a place that does take-out? Do you guys expect some sort of tip when someone calls in to order something and comes by to pick it up?

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Guys and gals, SummerSlam has been okay

It was alright

tumblr_ntk6t572Sr1rdx8ebo1_500.gif

Do you work at a place that does take-out? Do you guys expect some sort of tip when someone calls in to order something and comes by to pick it up?

Yeah we do takeout and we do not expect any kind of tip. We only take the orders and ring people up when they get there to pick up, so we generally dont expect tips. If people do tip its usually 2-3 dollars regardless of how much they order.

So yeah, never feel obligated to tip on a takeout order. The tip line is only there because we use the same kind of receipts for takeout that we do for dine in.

tchocky

Dan Ryckert ‏@DanRyckert
I was super annoyed by that shitty Summerslam finish, then I got online and saw the scores for The Phantom Pain. Feeling pretty good now.

zeshakag

I will argue that that finish (middle finger, specifically) is a GOOD way to go.

But it needs to come at the natural conclusion to a fulfilling match, during a high-crowd-pop final moment where a pin is to finally be expected.

That finish was just... meh.

Zeshakag @Zeshakag

I was super annoyed by that shitty Summerslam finish, then I got online and saw Dan Ryckert's tweet about the Phantom Pain scores. Feeling pretty good now.

OkayRene

Finally caught up on Metal Gear Scanlon. Apologize if this has been discussed already. But I'm of the opinion that Drew won't play Phantom Pain publicly for the video series.

He'd have to avoid spoilers from the Internet for like a month.

I'm assuming all that extra content after he finished Guns of the Patriots was the compromise.

what ikea desk is that?

It's the Fredde. I was originally going to go with the bekant because it's slightly lower and I needed something to bring my keyboard/mouse down to proper ergonomic height, but i really liked the fredde when I tried it out in store. It's still slightly too high for me, but I added a cusion to my chair and it brought me up to a more comfortable typing position. I just have to get a new chair at this point.

TraBuch

Banned
I will argue that that finish (middle finger, specifically) is a GOOD way to go.

But it needs to come at the natural conclusion to a fulfilling match, during a high-crowd-pop final moment where a pin is to finally be expected.

That finish was just... meh.

Zeshakag @Zeshakag

I was super annoyed by that shitty Summerslam finish, then I got online and saw Dan Ryckert's tweet about the Phantom Pain scores. Feeling pretty good now.

That part was a perfectly acceptable way to end it, the bell ringing is what ruined the whole thing. Confusion is not the feeling you want the crowd to have going home.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
It's the Fredde. I was originally going to go with the bekant because it's slightly lower and I needed something to bring my keyboard/mouse down to proper ergonomic height, but i really liked the fredde when I tried it out in store. It's still slightly too high for me, but I added a cusion to my chair and it brought me up to a more comfortable typing position. I just have to get a new chair at this point.
How do you like the quality?

Side question for everyone. Have we got a confirmed track list for MGSV yet?

How do you like the quality?

Side question for everyone. Have we got a confirmed track list for MGSV yet?

I had a screwtop completely fall off for seemingly no reason. Other than that, it's an extremely solid desk. No real shake or wobble to speak of. It's taking a bit of getting used to as far as the cutout in the lower portion goes, it's also taking some getting used to to sit this close to my monitor.

My only real complaint is that the shelves on the bottom seem too small for most gaming PCs to actually fit, so my PC is now relegated to the floor. Even if it had fit on the shelf, the cables in the back prevent it from sitting securely. Otherwise, I'm liking it a lot.

It's surprising League is playing catch up to DotA2 in terms of being shown at ESPN.

TI got the exposure because of da crowdfund money, ESPN finally had a reason to show league because it was at MSG, which sports journalism loves to fawn over.

Not sure if TI4 made it on ESPN, I think it may have, but there's also the fact that TI simply happens before the LCS playoffs get into gear.

TI got the exposure because of da crowdfund money, ESPN finally had a reason to show league because it was at MSG, which sports journalism loves to fawn over.

Not sure if TI4 made it on ESPN, I think it may have, but there's also the fact that TI simply happens before the LCS playoffs get into gear.

Yeah TI showed up at ESPN, and I think last years TI also popped up there. Even Heroes of the Storm(The Dorm competition) was shown through ESPN2.

Yeah TI showed up at ESPN, and I think last years TI also popped up there. Even Heroes of the Storm(The Dorm competition) was shown through ESPN2.

It's also just summer, so ESPN's only other options are 1) baseball 2) children playing baseball 3) covering whatever NFL superstar received a horrific season ending injury during a meaningless preseason game

it's no shocker that esports are gonna start getting coverage during the summer months especially when they're in ~the world's most famous arena~

I would be *shocked* if world's in October made it on Sportscenter, especially since they're in Europe.

Just seen that gamespot is reporting that the motherbase attack stuff in MGSV might be locked behind micro transactions, I really hope that's not the case.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Every episode has been fantastic except for the Samantha Kalman episode. I love me some Samantha Kalman but there was a tad too much Sentris talk, IMO.
No way. They (Vinny especially) used Sentris to ask about all sorts of indie stuff. Even some specific contract points with Ouya, I thought it was great.

jaina

Super slam dunk looks like it doesn't control well, but I shouldn't judge that from video.
But what's IMHO obvious: you hardly accomplish a successful action (pass, shot, dunk). It's almost always prevented by an enemy, goalie or imprecise controls. That's just frustrating and not fun. There need to be more scored points in a match.
Great idea, but lacking execution.

While I'm more excited about hearing the different folks talk together about MGSV on the podcast I do hope a good review is done, I really like reading longer form thoughts from a single voice.

Megasoum

Banned
So Google Music is kinda cool but also weird and annoying.

I added my iTunes folder... It's no longer uploading but I'm still about 100 song short compared to my iTunes library.

So Google Music is kinda cool but also weird and annoying.

I added my iTunes folder... It's no longer uploading but I'm still about 100 song short compared to my iTunes library.

Could be songs that are in an unsupported format. Older iTunes-purchased music will be DRM-locked and won't import anywhere.

Megasoum

Banned
Could be songs that are in an unsupported format. Older iTunes-purchased music will be DRM-locked and won't import anywhere.

Yeah that's what I thought too but then I bought 2 Iron Maiden albums last week + 2-3 singles from other albums.

I got everything except one specific song in one of the 2 full albums.... That's kinda weird.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
Is the Phantom Pain MGScanlon worth watching? I've seen those trailers before...

I'm really glad they didn't do Peace Walker... the entire final chapter is retreading old areas trying to find the same character six times. six times. six fucking times. god.

Is the Phantom Pain MGScanlon worth watching? I've seen those trailers before...

I'm really glad they didn't do Peace Walker... the entire final chapter is retreading old areas trying to find the same character six times. six times. six fucking times. god.

It's just 45 minutes, so yeah, it's worth watching.

And indeed, Peace Walker is terrible.

jaina

The only thing you'd get from the TPP video is Dan either pointing out hints for characters and events in phantom pain, or completely not recognizing Kaz.
Just watch red band alone once again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom