• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DamnBoxes

No way. They (Vinny especially) used Sentris to ask about all sorts of indie stuff. Even some specific contract points with Ouya, I thought it was great.

I agree with you; it was very informative on that front. Just a wee bit too much for me. Wasn't an S-rank podcast like all of the others.

Patryn

I'm going to be at PAX, but I can't spend hours watching them play Mario Party live when there's better things to do.

Part of me hopes that there will be room so I can check out about a half hour of it, but I know that it'll be full for the entire time.

DamnBoxes

I'm going to be at PAX, but I can't spend hours watching them play Mario Party live when there's better things to do.

Part of me hopes that there will be room so I can check out about a half hour of it, but I know that it'll be full for the entire time.

Come on now. Watching MPP builds character. Watching it LIVE in person? Double the amount of character. Don't you want to build s'more character?

Patryn

Come on now. Watching MPP builds character. Watching it LIVE in person? Double the amount of character. Don't you want to build s'more character?

No.

I have better things to do, and plenty of PAX to attend. In terms of Giant Bomb, I think the only PAX thing I'm doing is going to their panel.

Honestly, the MPP thing is probably best for those people who don't have PAX passes, because you don't need one to go to it. Going to it means giving up 4-5 hours of PAX.

Xater

No.

I have better things to do, and plenty of PAX to attend. In terms of Giant Bomb, I think the only PAX thing I'm doing is going to their panel.

I'm with you. If I was going to PAX there are things I'd rather do than watching them play Mario Party. I'd probably spend most of my time checking out the indie games and playing board games.

I kind of wish I had been diligent with collecting footage of some of the more ridiculous stuff that TW3 has shown me. I'd have several hours of footage of body parts disappearing, facial animations breaking, people skating across the ground in t-poses, polygons stretching off into infinity, the time Ciri froze and the only way I could get her to move was with the teleport move, the time I had to push an npc into the trigger volume he needed to be in, etc

most of the time it crashes when I'm doing inventory management :\

I kind of wish I had been diligent with collecting footage of some of the more ridiculous stuff that TW3 has shown me. I'd have several hours of footage of body parts disappearing, facial animations breaking, people skating across the ground in t-poses, polygons stretching off into infinity, the time Ciri froze and the only way I could get her to move was with the teleport move, the time I had to push an npc into the trigger volume he needed to be in, etc

you playing it on PC? I still haven't touched my copy of it because i keep getting distracted with other shit in my backlog.

Xater

In comparison to what you mention my playthrough was flawless.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
equally anecdotal, and it's probably been a month since I played but I had zero issues in dozens of hours.

justjim89

If I were going to Pax I'd probably only go to GB stuff and Paxamania and the like. Can't think of anything else I'd really like to do there. "Oh cool, here's an early version of a game for a console I don't own." "Sweet, here's a PC game that mine won't be able to run nearly as well." I'd much rather just sit and watch GB play Mario Party.

you playing it on PC? I still haven't touched my copy of it because i keep getting distracted with other shit in my backlog.

PS4, since I had to get it on disc for internet reasons. which is arguably worse, because you'd think you should have fewer issues like that. and yes it's fully patched.

the only thing I really care about are the hard crashes (upwards of 10 unique), because holy crap. everything else is just funny or a mild annoyance.

Xater

If I were going to Pax I'd probably only go to GB stuff and Paxamania and the like. Can't think of anything else I'd really like to do there. "Oh cool, here's an early version of a game for a console I don't own." "Sweet, here's a PC game that mine won't be able to run nearly as well." I'd much rather just sit and watch GB play Mario Party.

I can do that from home though unlike the other stuff.

Patryn

Speaking of PAX, I don't believe the panel will be streamed this year based on what I'm hearing.

Sounds like it's only the Main Theater and Hydra that is set up, and the panel is in Sasquatch.

However, the PAX Rumble is in Hydra, so that should be streamed.

I should probably add that I'm as bad as Vinny at breaking every game I touch, so

I forgot about last night when I tried to get back in my boat from the water and it instead just teleported me to the shore where Geralt made a falling animation until I made him do a roll

I should probably add that I'm as bad as Vinny at breaking every game I touch, so

I forgot about last night when I tried to get back in my boat from the water and it instead just teleported me to the shore where Geralt made a falling animation until I made him do a roll
I've had the perpetual falling glitch a number of times, sometimes I can break it and sometimes I can't. I've also had one of Geralt's swords get glued to his arm which was pretty good.

I've had the perpetual falling glitch a number of times, sometimes I can break it and sometimes I can't. I've also had one of Geralt's swords get glued to his arm which was pretty good.

my favorite so far was the one where his jaw got stuck open during a pretty long cutscene

kind of looked like this

ring2.jpg

PS4, since I had to get it on disc for internet reasons. which is arguably worse, because you'd think you should have fewer issues like that. and yes it's fully patched.

the only thing I really care about are the hard crashes (upwards of 10 unique), because holy crap. everything else is just funny or a mild annoyance.

see you gotta enjoy eurojank on the eurojank platform of choice, the PC. At least there the game can look amazing in between crashes.

It's a little surprising that Dan is still a mark for game review scores though. You'd think that a guy who actually reviews games would know better than to take the scores that seriously.

I'm not saying he's Heroes of the Web level of a game review score mark, but it caught me off guard.

DamnBoxes

This Ground Zeroes video is actually kind of annoying. It's like Dan isn't aware that Drew's ever played a game before.

Yeah. Dan entered Konami PR mode; seemed like that's because he was way too excited that Drew made it to the point in the series where MGS plays well.

Myggen

It's a little surprising that Dan is still a mark for game review scores though. You'd think that a guy who actually reviews games would know better than to take the scores that seriously.

I'm not saying he's Heroes of the Web level of a game review score mark, but it caught me off guard.

Review scores is still a decent indicator of a game's quality. I'm sure he also reads reviews.

What are your top 3?

In no particular order

The Exorcist
Psycho
The Shining

Those aren't really ghostie horror movies though. The Conjuring is a great ghost movie, as well as Mama (which is very underrated). Recently I loved The Babadook and It Follows.

Oh, I also like the Paranormal Activity movies, but very much understand why some people loath them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom