• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like sypha is secretly the best chie of the year. She's just as likely to cast you a nice fire spell on a cold night as she is to whack a crow to death with her cane.
was gonna write an email/tweet/whatever to dan but maybe I can just ask you guys

what's the absolute shittiest I can go on the WWE Network

I was just gonna watch a bunch of 1994 WWF, but is there a better option
Look like five posts up

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
was gonna write an email/tweet/whatever to dan but maybe I can just ask you guys

Go to the WCW PPV section, first of all. That's where dreams are made. Early Halloween Havocs were trainwrecks, including one where they spun a wheel to pick match stipulations and legitimately spun a wheel that night without setting up the results in advance. Watch the first match in 1991 Halloween Havoc for the least believable match of all time (winner straps the loser in an electric chair, and everything goes wrong along the way). Halloween Havoc 1995 has a monster truck sumo match between Hulk Hogan and the Big Show, and that's like the fourth dumbest thing that happens. 1998 has a match between Hulk Hogan and Ultimate Warrior about a decade after they both got boring in WWF, and both men are unable to properly operate a match.

For fun outside of Halloween, Capital Combat 1990 has the greatest movie star cameo in wrestling history when Robocop involves himself in the event. Uncensored 1995 has a match that takes place on a flatbed truck filled with hay and various buckets and troughs. If you want something dumb, you really can't go wrong with early 1990s WCW. And that's not even to mention 2000 death's doorstep WCW, which is terrible for entirely different reasons.

So why was 94 a bad wwf year? I started watching about a year or so before wrestlemania X and much like Dan I loved it at the time. Razor Ramon, Shawn Michaels, Bret hart, all that stuff was fun for me.

So why was 94 a bad wwf year? I started watching about a year or so before wrestlemania X and much like Dan I loved it at the time. Razor Ramon, Shawn Michaels, Bret hart, all that stuff was fun for me.
Too much Lex Luger, Macho Man was completely misused/underutilized, Yokozuna has aged horribly, a lot of gimmicky bullshit and cartoon-y characters. SummerSlam was main evented by a The Undertaker vs. The Undertaker match. It's not as bad now (and I definitely think there are worse WWF years) because you can see all the talent coming up (HBK, Razor, Bulldog, Owen).
Well I guess Undertale's a shoe-in for "Biggest Surprise" this year. Either that or Rocket League, anyway.
Until Dawn should be in the mix.

Oh yeah they tried to push Luger hard back then with the metal plate in his arm and him slamming Yokozuna on that aircraft carrier thing on the Fourth of July. Even then I thought It was weird that Luger was suddenly a hero after being the narcissist for a while.

Shit why do I remember all of this

Haunted

I wouldn't mind seeing a playdate of it for some more, or at least an appearance on the west coast for UPF.
Yeah, feels like it could be one of those games that makes repeat appearances on the long charity streams.

It might need a mode with time bonuses for 1st/2nd to prevent people from waiting to see what others do. Alternatively, a point bonus for getting someone to die in one of your traps might be fun, too. It's a very clever idea for a game and I love it.

Happy to see it's already greenlit.

Wunder

Yeah, feels like it could be one of those games that makes repeat appearances on the long charity streams.

It might need a mode with time bonuses for 1st/2nd to prevent people from waiting to see what others do. Alternatively, a point bonus for getting someone to die in one of your traps might be fun, too. It's a very clever idea for a game and I love it.

Happy to see it's already greenlit.

yeah I feel like its a little ways away from reaching its true potential. More 1-time use items/time activated things as well as what you said would make it pretty good. I'd also like a mode where you traverse different screens/levels and when you complete one you just move on but it gets increasingly crazy if you continue to fail.

daydream

Banned
after days of extensive listening, i've come to the conclusion that ai ai syndrome is pretty much a masterpiece, can't wait to dive into the other albums

i also friggin' adore suiyoubi no campanella now

Jintor

well i found out that they still have standing room osaka concert tickets available so

uh

i guess i'll buy them tonight and try and work out how to get to osaka after school in time for a 730 concert

Jothel

well i found out that they still have standing room osaka concert tickets available so

uh

i guess i'll buy them tonight and try and work out how to get to osaka after school in time for a 730 concert
If there's anything you can trust, it's Japanese public transport, you'll be fine!

Anjin M

I'm really surprised Dan has heard of Phineas Gage. It's quite the fascinating story.

It's the first thing I thought of when I started playing the game. I like to think that the Phineas Gage effect is why Snake's so quiet and different in this compared to the rest of the series.

OK, I just finished MGScanlon 5-1 and one moment utterly shocked me. How was Dan able to name Phineas Gage off the top of his head? He is barely even aware of WWI!

I guess no one remembers (or watched, because why would you) the quick look for The Evil Within.

The Evil Within,true goty 2014. Keep shining you crazy dimond.

Don't understand why Drew keeps bringing terrible mobile games that are zero fun to watch. Bars bars bars!

daydream

Banned
The Evil Within,true goty 2014. Keep shining you crazy dimond.

Don't understand why Drew keeps bringing terrible mobile games that are zero fun to watch. Bars bars bars!

there's probably a joke in here about evil within having pretty significant bars of its own but i don't have it in me right now

Rainmaker

Banned

The most fun and horrible PPV of all time to me is WCW Bash At The Beach 2000. I've probably watched it more than any other PPV ever.

FStop7

Banned
@jeffgerstmann

CPyopv8UYAAh3uR.png:small

OK at some point they really need to consider a wrestling wiki and sub-site.

Snider should smack the shit out of Rorie for wearing that SquareSpace shirt on UPF.

(webhook and squarespace aren't really the same thing but it'd still be amusing)

K.Sabot

i want to die, i've only been watching this for 5 seconds and I want to die.

did i miss any nerdcore rappers

they're the absolute most bottom of the barrel

Zebetite

Banned
Crazy that the castlevania series is revered for its soundtracks and yet this collection of digitally sampled pig farts made it into castlevania 3

it's worth noting that castlevania 3 in japan had an extra audio chip on the cart that let them do a bunch of extra stuff with the songs. western versions needed to have their music redone in a simpler fashion to account for the lack of that chip. this video has the music as it sounded in japan.

Just caught up when I missed the end of VinnyVania.

WHO SAID THAT LEVEL 9 WAS HARDER. WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

spoilers for the rest of the level

good news: dracula was literally right after that pendulum section that vinny died on at the end

bad news: if you game over on dracula you have to do all of level 10 again

worst news: dracula has three forms

it's worth noting that castlevania 3 in japan had an extra audio chip on the cart that let them do a bunch of extra stuff with the songs. western versions needed to have their music redone in a simpler fashion to account for the lack of that chip. this video has the music as it sounded in japan.

Its less grating, but still kinda bad.

Zocano

spoilers for the rest of the level

good news: dracula was literally right after that pendulum section that vinny died on at the end

bad news: if you game over on dracula you have to do all of level 10 again

worst news: dracula has three forms

Weird... that doesn't match up with the overworld map. But at least that's not *thaaat* bad

edit: ALSO HOLY SHIT ALUCARD OP PLS NERF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom