• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattp

man, this game drew has on upf
i actually dont mind when he brings boring ios games to upf. the show is just them shootin the shit, the game doesnt matter

but anyway, i honestly don't understand the appeal of 95% of these games. nothing about them is engaging at all. just messes of menus. every time a new f2p game comes out and people say its fun as a time waster i try it and am just baffled at how ANYONE finds it enjoyable. final fantasy record keepers is probably the most recent one
like, at least something like crossy road or pacman i can get in and actually PLAY something for a minute or two. all these "bigger" games just...i dont know

im gonna go yell at a cloud

What the shit am I watching?

YRb84Xcl.jpg

Jintor

So I watched the Patrick stream first and then the creation stream and I really enjoyed it. I don't know which order is better, but it worked out pretty great.

hamchan

At least we know that if Drew loves these f2p mobile games then he'll definitely enjoy expanding mother base and developing weapons.

Pretty much. It's like he brought the most generic, anime, RPG grinding mobile f2p game he could find to UPF. A game he's trying out willingly.

I wonder if Dan and Jeff were just thinking "wtf is this" the whole time.

He should love the MGSV base stuff. Though the act of tranq-ing people and fultoning them might not be compelling enough compared to the F2P mobile hot game design.

Any twitch thread has the black and white face of that guy smirking.

That's such a punchable face. I kinda want to know why that face is a thing but then I have to absorb another stupid thing from the Internet and I've have enough of those for one lifetime.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
Any twitch thread has the black and white face of that guy smirking.

That's such a punchable face. I kinda want to know why that face is a thing but then I have to absorb another stupid thing from the Internet and I've have enough of those for one lifetime.

It is one of the designers of justin.tv's chat. Put himself in as a smiley. Nothing dumb about the story!

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Dropsy is pretty cute for a fat toothless clown.

I really like the game's art style.
It's got a very scumm lucasarts look right down to the cursor. I'm very fond of that style myself. It's like Sam and Max but with the batshit cranked to 11

It is one of the designers of justin.tv's chat. Put himself in as a smiley. Nothing dumb about the story!
Then I don't understand how it became so overused. I just want to punch it every time.

Santar

One of giant bombs biggest problems is that they are so bad at keeping to schedules.
We never know when The old Games Show, Power Bombcast, Raking of Fighters, Danswers or Demo Derby will return.
Sometimes they even cancel shows without ever letting us know (TNT, Wednesday show with gamespot).

Imagine how nice it would be if Wednesday was Demo Derby day and Thursday was Raking of Fighters day?
Or if that is too much work then at least have the shows rotate on Wednesday or Tursday each week.

Of course for them not having to keep to a schedule is great, but as a viewer it's a bit frustrating.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
One of giant bombs biggest problems is that they are so bad at keeping to schedules.
We never know when The old Games Show, Power Bombcast, Raking of Fighters, Danswers or Demo Derby will return.
Sometimes they even cancel shows without ever letting us know (TNT, Wednesday show with gamespot).

Imagine how nice it would be if Wednesday was Demo Derby day and Thursday was Raking of Fighters day?
Or if that is too much work then at least have the shows rotate on Wednesday or Tursday each week.

Of course for them not having to keep to a schedule is great, but as a viewer it's a bit frustrating.

That's definitely a conscious decision. I think - and I know this feeling myself - that setting up the obligation to do x event on x day can demotivate you to actually play the games. I'd rather they stay spontaneous so long as content of some form comes out. There have been periods (particular pre-Dan) where content just dried up.

Huh.

I am interested in Project Cars so looking at some reviews and I guess Austin wrote the Gamespot review before he joined GB

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztmRn6mBhPA

Yeah, they touched on that briefly in an early Beastcast. Austin was talking about how weird it was to her Danny read his review for the video and Vinny talked about how good Danny is to work with when it comes to reading lines based on the GOTY videos he was a part of.

Streaming that "concert" was a huge miscalculation by someone who apparently didn't realize what they were dealing with.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member

Jeff talked about it on his tumblr:

Anonymous asked:How come you guys can't stick to any sort of consistent schedule aside from the bombcast and UPF?

Jeff: We’re a small team that deliberately stays fluid to make sure we can handle whatever comes our way. There are some scheduled things that we’re slowly building up for, but it’s not our #1 priority.

Santar

That's definitely a conscious decision. I think - and I know this feeling myself - that setting up the obligation to do x event on x day can demotivate you to actually play the games. I'd rather they stay spontaneous so long as content of some form comes out. There have been periods (particular pre-Dan) where content just dried up.

Would be nice if we were kept a little in on the loop at least.
Like now I have not idea if Danswers is going to come back or if it's dead. And that show even managed to stick to a regular schedule for quite a while before it just seemingly fizzled out.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
Would be nice if we were kept a little in on the loop at least.
Like now I have not idea if Danswers is going to come back or if it's dead. And that show even managed to stick to a regular schedule for quite a while before it just seemingly fizzled out.

Brad said a little while back that if you even float the idea of something then they will get pestered constantly about it. It makes sense they keep their cards close to their chest. It is not as if they have been skimping on content recently.

Santar

Brad said a little while back that if you even float the idea of something then they will get pestered constantly about it. It makes sense they keep their cards close to their chest. It is not as if they have been skimping on content recently.

I was talking more about letting us know if a show is canceled or put on hold for x amount of time, that way we at least know what happened. I'm well aware of "The Raid phenomena" :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom