• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaina

At least he discloses that the video is sponsored by U.B.I.
Syndicate will look great and it's one of my favorite settings. So I hope it's at least mediocre gameplay.

I'm not seeing the issues other than a lack of AF just like every other PS4 game. Crowds have been scaled back but that has to happen when terrible, underpowered consoles can't run Unity above 25 fps(ever)

def sim

I'm not seeing the issues other than a lack of AF just like every other PS4 game. Crowds have been scaled back but that has to happen when terrible, underpowered consoles can't run Unity above 25 fps(ever)

I may just be forgetting how poor the console version looked relative to the PC version.

Anyway, man, it's hard to listen to that commentary. More power to him if it works, though.

Anyway, man, it's hard to listen to that commentary. More power to him if it works, though.

Eh, he was popular when he did battlefield videos and I still like him, but a lot of his jokes have gotten super stale. Still a decent guy in person; persona vs who he is thing going on.

Mostly I thought the video was a nice, concise showcase of things.

Saty

Starting to get annoyed by GB West's QLs being so short and meaningless for anything but the obvious big games. 20-30 minute Quick Looks where you can hardly get a grip on the game or they don't cover the game's gameplay loop is doing nothing for me. That's without getting into the game selection issue.

Take a note from GBeast that do lengthy 1-hour+ overviews of the games. The east crew has been carrying the site both in premium and free content for a while. West's Mario Party and Demo Derby are too few and far between and UPF by it's nature is hit & miss (but please, stop with those mobile game playthroughs).

def sim

Eh, he was popular when he did battlefield videos and I still like him, but a lot of his jokes have gotten super stale. Still a decent guy in person; persona vs who he is thing going on.

Mostly I thought the video was a nice, concise showcase of things.

I'm sure he's a nice enough person, Aladdin joke notwithstanding. Though I agree he does get his points across reasonably well; the extravagant youtube persona is just not my kind of thing.

Lelcar

Starting to get annoyed by GB West's QLs being so short and meaningless for anything but the obvious big games. 20-30 minute Quick Looks where you can hardly get a grip on the game or they don't cover the game's gameplay loop is doing nothing for me. That's without getting into the game selection issue.

Take a note from GBeast that do lengthy 1-hour+ overviews of the games. The east crew has been carrying the site both in premium and free content for a while. West's Mario Party and Demo Derby are too few and far between and UPF by it's nature is hit & miss (but please, stop with those mobile game playthroughs).

After the end of World War II, the world was split into two - East and West. This marked the beginning of the era called the Cold War.

I feel the exact opposite. I'm fatigued by GBeast's tendency to do hour long videos for everything. Not everything needs or deserves that much time. There's value in shorter videos that aren't bloated that I can just watch without having to skip around.

Quick Look: Afro Samurai 2: Revenge of Kuma (Dan and Gamespot's Peter Brown)

Dan: "This may be one of the 3 worst games I have ever played."
Now this was a disappointing quick look. They spend so much time talking about how terrible it is and little actually showing it. It's so very anti-climatic. This might as well have been a podcast discussion, they spend most of it talking about shit that happened when they were playing it at other times.

I'm actually feeling the other way. The more free time I lose to school, the more annoyed I get for videos I have to use multiple sittings to get through.

Beast needs to learn they don't need all hands on deck for every single QL, and QL should be Quick. The hour longs are for those that you really need to show the mechanics off for.

Saty

Take for example the Blues & Bullets QL: if it would have been done by the SF team it probably would have been 30min tops, which would have resulted not getting to the crime scene investigation and puzzles and therefore not giving the viewer or potential interested customer the full gameplay loop and mechanics.

Now this was a disappointing quick look. They spend so much time talking about how terrible it is and little actually showing it. It's so very anti-climatic. This might as well have been a podcast discussion, they spend most of it talking about shit that happened when they were playing it at other times.
Seriously, I have no doubt it's a truly terrible game but they came off as so forced in the discussion. One of the worst games ever made! *mediocre combat and framerate drops*

They even had to try to get stuck in geometry to support it. I mean it looks awful, especially compared to the first game but the video as a whole felt awkward.

And there was Dan's "Are we allowed to show nudity" question which was annoying just in the sense that it reminds me that it's ok to show abhorrent violence everywhere and laugh about it but tits could unacceptable!

Lijik

Beast needs to learn they don't need all hands on deck for every single QL, and QL should be Quick. The hour longs are for those that you really need to show the mechanics off for.
all three together have great chemistry so breaking that up feels arbitrary and their longer qls tend to be better at actually showing off the game

Is this what those YouTube people with tens of thousands of subscribers are? Who the fuck are these people that like this shit?
Likely children and teens.

I wonder if former G4 execs see all of these kids watching these YouTube videos in the millions from screaming crazy obnoxious people about games and kicking themselves for not having cornered that market.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
I think no less of you glitches

But my favourite youtuber is The Giant Bomb

That carriage stuff in that video looked especially ridiculous. The rest seemed pretty much what I've come to expect from those games. The environments look quite nice but the human models are a big step back from Unity.

popo

I love me some long "quick" looks - but I am only 30 minutes in to this Dropsy QL (with more than another 30 minutes left) and trust me, I already know all I need to know about Dropsy. Sometimes less is more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom