• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.

strafer

First Limp Bizkit album I ever bought, and I really like that album.

Limp_Bizkit_-_Chocolate_Starfish_And_The_Hot_Dog_Flavored_Water.jpg

Myggen

I'm still waiting for their cross country live show tour.

That's something Jeff said he at one point in the future wanted to do, not something they said they were gonna do. So the snark isn't accurate here.

Also yeah, they did state clearly that both TNT and the show they did with GS were cancelled shortly after they stopped doing them.

Myggen

Pretty sure they had a map and stuff for it and everything.

Don't remember that at all. But even if they did they never said anything more than it being something they wanted to do some point in the future.

Also who cares, The Wednesday slot is by design a slot on the schedule where they can introduce a bunch of ideas and rotate those. Some of those ideas will be dropped, some will continue. I don't really care about Jeff announcing that show X has been cancelled or whatever.

Edit: Even with that link, was it ever anything more than "this is something we want to do"? If it was back in the WM days it might've been part of the stand up stuff Jeff said he dropped when Ryan passed away.

hamchan

I remember the Giant Bomb international tour. They had a big map of the world and when you hovered over the country a sound bite would play with the guys saying the country name in a funny way. The goal was to reach a certain amount of money from subscriptions, and then go on a worldwide tour. Sadly, I don't think they got anywhere near the goal because they really overestimated how popular they were.

kvk1

still amazes me how Wes Borland made that band tolerable

you were able to overlook some horrific vocals and lyrics thanks to his guitar work and arrangements

hamchan

Giant Bomb's failures are very memorable to me. I still distinctly remember their idea to split the bombcast 5 years ago. Boy, that was the worst idea they've ever had.

Bacon

Giant Bomb's failures are very memorable to me. I still distinctly remember their idea to split the bombcast 5 years ago. Boy, that was the worst idea they've ever had.

I think canceling demo derby was a worse idea though ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

demidar

You think a content drought after PAX would be bad, a world tour would be even worse unless you like iPhone videos all day everyday.

oti

Banned
Giant Bomb Germany that quick looks all the crazy German simulators and Drew because he loves Germany.

Yes or JAAAA

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
In addition to the world tour, jeff was musing about doing some sort of road trip more recently (though still years ago now), and it sounded like just as terrible an idea as the world tour.

In addition to the world tour, jeff was musing about doing some sort of road trip more recently (though still years ago now), and it sounded like just as terrible an idea as the world tour.

I feel like that would work when BEAST is staffed up enough to carry the torch for a month or something. Depends on what content would come out of a tour though

Anjin M

I remember this quite vividly. Specifically since it was the deal where they would agree not to split the cast if they got enough subscriptions that finally pushed me to sign up.

What was the plan with the split podcast again?

News and emails would be on time but "what have you been playing" section would be delayed a week or something?

I remember it sounding utterly terrible whatever the plan was.

Zaph

What was the plan with the split podcast again?

News and emails would be on time but "what have you been playing" section would be delayed a week or something?

I remember it sounding utterly terrible whatever the plan was.
I don't think they ever went into detail. Just remember Jeff and Tatum saying the first half would release as usual and second coming out later that week.

In fairness to them, at the time podcast ad networks were in their infancy, the Bombcast was basically the entire crew for half a day, and GB/CV were carrying the rest of the sites. They had to try something.

Holy shit AC:Syndicate looks like ass.

Like, last gen ass. That has to be on a last gen console.
Lol, go back and play Assassin's Creed 3 on PS3 and you will realize how ridiculous what you just said is. Even from that incredibly compressed youtube video you can tell it still has the great lighting and texture work from Unity.

Hell, in the opening seconds of that video you can see every thread in that guy's jacket. Unity on PC is still the best looking game out there so I'm looking forward to playing Syndicate on the PC. Unity was nice at 1440P, 60 FPS compared to the console's 720-900P 20 FPS :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom