• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whenever I see Undertale it reminds me of that RPG boss minigame from WarioWare:

hqdefault.jpg

Also Homestuck music.

KingKong

My favorite thing about three man GBeast quick looks is when Alex and Austin share an internet meme and you can just tell Vinny has no idea what the hell they're talking about

hamchan

I love me some long "quick" looks - but I am only 30 minutes in to this Dropsy QL (with more than another 30 minutes left) and trust me, I already know all I need to know about Dropsy. Sometimes less is more.

Then just close the window and let everyone else enjoy 30 more minutes of Vinny looking at clowns?

When I think of good shooting I think of games like Max Payne 3 with unparalleled hit reactions, ie shooting a person in the shoulder with a pistol causes that arm to fly back wheres a shotgun sends them flying. Destiny just plays like any other FPS and has almost no enemy reactions to gunshots :/

When I think of good shooting I think of games like Max Payne 3 with unparalleled hit reactions, ie shooting a person in the shoulder with a pistol causes that arm to fly back wheres a shotgun sends them flying. Destiny just plays like any other FPS and has almost no enemy reactions to gunshots :/

Oh yeah, the enemy reactions are pretty lame (though i think you could justify the lack of reactions by the fact that i dont think they're humans unlike Max Payne). I was talking about the whole package where the controls feel easy to use and feels nice to move around. The headshots feel strong (though not RE4 strong), the guns sound good, and the numbers also make a big difference, as played out as it is.

Its not the strongest in its department, but everything feels nice to do and play. Though honestly im not an expert on FPS games and the closest thing i can compare this too is borderlands.

This is why I never liked Halo.

I feel like automation is the last thing Assassin's Creed needs more of. Now they're adding grappling hooks and ziplines so you don't even have to do parkour?

Definitely looks like it has quite a number of "plot".

Kinda thinking of joining the kickstarter but seeing that they're guaranteed to go over their goal I don't see the point.

I backed $150 because im a crazy fan and its the best piece of sci-fi content I've ever experienced. Hope it hits its vita tier!

Best shooting game this gen.

I like Destiny but I don't think that's true at all. It's somewhere between a shooter and a loot game that's totally outclassed in both those departments by other games in those genres.

Also I don't think "It feels good!" ever really helps it's case. Feels like shit next to any other game I can play with a mouse and keyboard for starters.

I like Destiny but I don't think that's true at all. It's somewhere between a shooter and a loot game that's totally outclassed in both those departments by other games in those genres.

Also I don't think "It feels good!" ever really helps it's case. Feels like shit next to any other game I can play with a mouse and keyboard for starters.

If you want to get into it, the controls are tight, responsive, punching feels so damn good, shooting has feedback, the weapons sound and look pretty great, it's really really good.

Bacon

I don't understand why people act like destiny is the only game to have shooting that feels good

"The shooting feels good" isn't enough

If you want to get into it, the controls are tight, responsive, punching feels so damn good, shooting has feedback, the weapons sound and look pretty great, it's really really good.

If you want to get into it then AI kills it all. Shoot, hide behind a corner to regen, then shoot again works 90% of the time. For the other 10% you need to run away rather than hide because melee guys are running at you.

I like the game, but I don't think the shooting feels better than any of the other decent shooters this gen. You can say the controls are tight but sticks always feel terrible next to a mouse for me. You can say the weapons feel great but I think it really depends on the weapon type e.g. The Last Word felt great but now it's useless, shotguns feel great but it's because they're broke as shit, all auto rifles & fusion rifles feel like shit.

On top of that I think a lot of people talking about how Taken King fixes everything are talking a load of rubbish. The leveling system is still identical to what it was; you max out your level cap then everything else depends on light for you attack/defence, there's pretty much no change outside how it's represented visually. It's not like a loot game like Diablo 3 where your progression's capped by gear, but that's due to the gear you need giving you sweet attack modifiers; not just an attack/defence number going up like in Destiny. Or how the "story is improved in the main missions" when you're paying the price for a full game for 3 hours worth of mission content.

As I said I enjoy the game but the price point they're charging for it is ridiculous. Taken King should have been free to everybody who bought the bullshit that was their first two expansions.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Too bad Austin will be the only one to recognize the real character of the year and instead an abusive husband or a dog with no dialogue will win it.

Sans will be utterly boned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom