• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, I do break every game I touch, but these weren't my fault. Apparently save corruption is a well-documented issue that was never fixed. Three times I had to restart entire chapters because loading a save would just get me stuck in a loading loop. A couple of times, when the game gives you "scripted" injuries, sometimes she'd get stuck. At one point I couldn't turn left or right. another time she got stuck in a falling animation until I restarted the game.

I ran into a well documented scripting bug in the first 10 minutes of the game. The captain of the ship you come in on is supposed to go into a speech when you enter a room. Instead she just stood there. I walked around for 10 minutes trying to figure out how I was supposed to progress. Eventually I did a google search saw that it was a known common bug and reloaded my initial save and luckily the scripting worked after that.

I played up until the point where you evade the alien in the medical section of the station and realized I just didn't have the stomach for it. Too much sustained tension for me. Gorgeous game though. They nailed that aesthetic better than I could have imagined.

Honestly no idea. Have we entered any of the three promised beta periods from the preorder bonus?

I tried playing it the week that it first went up and had no luck at all.

The first beta already happened from the 27th of August to the 2nd of September I believe.

No news on the second beta yet, but with Capcom releasing the PC specs for SF5's beta and with Japan having a closed beta, its probably not far away.

Myggen

For the new page:

W24yCEE.png

Ken

They need to play Ultimate Chicken Horse on UPF at some point.

I wish you got more points for getting to the flag the quickest. That it's not feels like a weird decision given how you need to be quick to grab the item you want. Seems a little less exciting when people can play it slow.

I've recently seen a tweet by someone saying that SOMA is basically "what if Bioshock was actually as clever as it pretends it is"

Which is the sickest burn, but also true. SOMA is cool shit.

That's.... ok that's pretty good.

The games are going for radically different things, though, and both execute well in their own way.

So hearing that news about Ito potentially having been a part of silent hills, I binged through all of the Uzumaki manga. I love doing it but know I won't be sleeping tonight. Just like when I go through SCP pages.

So hearing that news about Ito potentially having been a part of silent hills, I binged through all of the Uzumaki manga. I love doing it but know I won't be sleeping tonight. Just like when I go through SCP pages.

My favourite manga of all time. Movie version is decent too, though some changes changed the story and push more for jump scares.

Everyone should read Uzumaki and Gyo.

justjim89

There isn't nearly as much hiding in SOMA as there was in Amnesia. At a certain point I found Amnesia to be obnoxious, especially as it warped into an adventure puzzle game. SOMA is really good, and I've fled more than I've had to really hide. It's a really good game. Just enough horror and tension to remind you who it's from, but not to the point that it compromises the narrative or the desire to explore.

Myggen

Hopefully Jeff and Dan can actually do EL this year.

Extra Life is the kind of thing Dan loves to do (he always pushed for game marathons when at GI), so he's gonna do it for sure unless there's some real life stuff happening for him around that time. I hope Jeff can make it too! Brad solo stream (I still have hope!), GBEast and then GBWest with Jeff, Dan, Drew and guests would be perfect. Bring in Ian, that's tradition at this point!

danm999

Yeah D-Dog feels like the front runner for new character. I do expect Jenks, Bloody Baron and maybe Emily to get on that list.

Quiet's design makes her an instant disqualification. Djiikstra isn't a new character.

That's not Life is Strange.

Ep 5 comes out I hope they do. That game would be perfect for a GBEast thing.
Vinny will not save Kate.

Djiikstra isn't new as far as he existed in the books but this is his first appearance in the games. I liked him a lot but I doubt he'll be considered really. I don't even know if they've brought him up in conversation.

Myggen

Alt+F1 has now made it so that every time I read something about Japan, I read it the way it's pronounced in Street Fighter 2. Thanks, Danny!

popo

As dumb overpriced parent guilting baby games that I would never play go - this years Disney Infinity seems a much better game than this years Skylanders.

The
wormhole
and the
bandana
research unlocked for me at the same time in Metal Gear 5 and it was then I knew that V had truly come to. Fucking perfect game.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
Djiikstra isn't new as far as he existed in the books but this is his first appearance in the games. I liked him a lot but I doubt he'll be considered really. I don't even know if they've brought him up in conversation.

I swear he was in 2. It has been a while though!

If not, he should be in contention: he's great. Better than the Bloody Baron where the moral dilemma is more interesting than the actual characterisation.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Djikstra's a great character because you go back and forth through the game going 'god damn you mother fucker fuck off i want to kill you' to 'hey you're alright' to 'fucking djikstra im going to kill him' to 'alright djikstra we're cool again.' My favorite thing about him is how when you use your witty/rebel talk to people in most games they either go into combat or succumb to you instantly. Djiikstra just fires back at you and makes you feel stupid.

As dumb overpriced parent guilting baby games that I would never play go - this years Disney Infinity seems a much better game than this years Skylanders.
I don't know man. Disney Infinity 3.0 looked extra hideous compared to Skylanders. Skylanders at least look nice, graphically.

daydream

Banned
at least skylanders started out with a solid first game

disney 3.0 is the first one that seems even remotely worth playing which is pretty ridiculous. did 1.0 users have to pay up to get to 3.0?

I swear he was in 2. It has been a while though!

If not, he should be in contention: he's great. Better than the Bloody Baron where the moral dilemma is more interesting than the actual characterisation.

I'd vote for him over the Bloody Baron. I do think the Bloody Baron was well fleshed out. Terrible but in believably human way. The centerpiece of the most emotionally impactful questline.

However, I think Dijkstra was easily as fleshed out. He reminds me of Letho in that his appearance is totally deceiving. He looks like a thick skulled oaf but he's probably the most intelligent well connected man in the game. Mutual respect but with absolutely no trust. He was always a joy to chat with.

danm999

I'd vote for him over the Bloody Baron. I do think the Bloody Baron was well fleshed out. Terrible but in believably human way. The centerpiece of the most emotionally impactful questline.

However, I think Dijkstra was easily as fleshed out. He reminds me of Letho in that his appearance is totally deceiving. He looks like a thick skulled oaf but he's probably the most intelligent well connected man in the game. Mutual respect but with absolutely no trust. He was always a joy to chat with.

Djikstra's a great character because you go back and forth through the game going 'god damn you mother fucker fuck off i want to kill you' to 'hey you're alright' to 'fucking djikstra im going to kill him' to 'alright djikstra we're cool again.' My favorite thing about him is how when you use your witty/rebel talk to people in most games they either go into combat or succumb to you instantly. Djiikstra just fires back at you and makes you feel stupid.

I don't know man. Disney Infinity 3.0 looked extra hideous compared to Skylanders. Skylanders at least look nice, graphically.

Oh yeah the character is great but I just totally feel in my bones someone who wants someone else on the list, or who just wants the list to be done will rules lawyer and point out he's not new. The game tells you this even so you don't need prior knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom