• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.

StoveOven

Banned
Dan waking up in the morning, just reaching out to his side and opening his mini fridge to immediately grab a soda to drink in bed.

Dan Ryckert ladies and gents.

I hate to say it, but I have a mini fridge at the foot of my bed, and after hearing Dan talk about that am considering moving it up towards the head so I can do the same thing. However, I'm a college student living in a dorm room, and Dan Ryckert is (in theory) a respectable adult

justjim89

Even when I was drinking no less than 8 glasses of real Mountain Dew every day, I could never drink it in the morning. Between the syrup-y nature of Mountain Dew and the carbonation it always kinda fucked with my morning breath in an unpleasant way.

Now it's just water all day, every day!
I miss soda.

Lijik

New character of the year contender

CP5Cg7EUEAUPJzb.jpg:large

that last one could apply to way too many gaf threads

Lelcar

Drew should start listening to cassette tapes now instead of waiting for side ops because I have a feeling that Drew isn't going to want to play many side ops despite Dan saying "you'll be doing a LOT of side ops". Also, because some of those tapes are interesting and Drew can't pay attention if he's blowing shit up.

Drew should start listening to cassette tapes now instead of waiting for side ops because I have a feeling that Drew isn't going to want to play many side ops despite Dan saying "you'll be doing a LOT of side ops". Also, because some of those tapes are interesting and Drew can't pay attention if he's blowing shit up.

Yeah, they were also quiet when it was playing. They should play them in the helicopter.

Wunder

I wouldn't be surprised to find that there are maaaybe 10-15 total cracks in the wall that you can climb in MGSV.

There are actually loads of cracks and once you get your intel up you automatically see them I think - but the number of actual useful ones you find during a sneaking mission is another story. A lot of them just don't really lead anywhere or dont necessarily provide an alternate path to avoid stuff.

I am struggling to enjoy MGScanlon. It was better this episode but I don't know how much I can handle if it just continues at this pace

danm999

Yeah I've found a ton of cracks and I guess it's tied to Intel. Their usefulness is kind of low. I get the sense climbing was supposed to be a bigger deal than it ended up being but it got scaled back for whatever reason.

Lelcar

I am struggling to enjoy MGScanlon. It was better this episode but I don't know how much I can handle if it just continues at this pace

It's funny because this is the first MGScanlon that I've been enjoying since 2. It's weird because I love the whole Metal Gear series and I like 3 & 4 more than 2, but for some reason in Scanlon, MGS2 grabbed me but the others didn't.

Yeah I've found a ton of cracks and I guess it's tied to Intel. Their usefulness is kind of low. I get the sense climbing was supposed to be a bigger deal than it ended up being but it got scaled back for whatever reason.

There are certain locations they really open up, like the barracks early on, and
OKB Zero

Wunder

It's funny because this is the first MGScanlon that I've been enjoying since 2. It's weird because I love the whole Metal Gear series and I like 3 & 4 more than 2, but for some reason in Scanlon, MGS2 grabbed me but the others didn't.

Yeah, maybe part of it is just me wanting to actually experience the MGS franchise and not watching someone replay what I already know? That combined with the lack of heavy story/cutscenes to get some nice Drew reactions probably make it less enjoyable for me. I do think there is some room for some shenanigans down the line though, I just hope Dan doesn't influence the combat stuff too much

hamchan

I actually didn't realise there was a crack in the base where Drew got the prisoner this mission. Boy, that will make the total stealth version of that a lot easier for me...

Joeku

Someone tell Dan you don't have to wait for the checkpoint to Go to ACC in most situations you'd actually want to. You lose mission progress but anything you fulton gets banked when you do it.

Mature

Also, you can totally "assassin's creed" people off the towers. Just gotta get to the higher rungs and there will be a prompt.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
i used the sneaking suit all game and exclusively infiltrated during the daytime. never a problem. the silent footsteps are too good.
Same. That said I don't understand why would anyone want to infiltrate during the daytime if you have a choice. :p

FStop7

Banned
I installed Destiny: TKK on Saturday. I played it a lot over the weekend, around 10 hours.

It's... a lot better. I started a new character, a Titan. The leveling has sped up, tremendously. It took around 8 hours to reach level 16, probably would have gone even faster if I'd dicked around a bit less. In fact, the leveling is happening so fast I was overpowered going into the story missions by the time Venus opened up. This in spite of almost entirely sticking to the campaign, other than a few patrols.

The drop rate's also much, much higher. I'm constantly getting green and blue engrams. I'd go as far as to say it's a little too high because I'm getting stuff so fast that I barely get a chance to level up any of my gear before it's simply being replaced by a new piece of gear with significantly better base stats. Maybe that changes when you're in the 30s and fishing only for purples and golds.

I might start a Hunter and use that item to warp straight to level 25. But so far I like playing as a Titan a lot more than I did a Warlock. But I only played as a Warlock in the original version of the game, I still need to try it out in TKK.

I feel like Destiny's been somewhat redeemed. If you're new I'd definitely say you're now getting $60 worth of actual content between the original stuff, the expansions, and TKK.

What would go a lot further is if they'd actually give me a reason to know who any of these supporting characters are and why I should care about them or about defending a city I'm only allowed to see from miles away. They need to make the city an actual place and flesh out the lore in something more coherent than grimoire cards. I'm really surprised that Destiny's been around for over a year and there still aren't any books, etc.

And they should also get rid of the Cabal, entirely. They are so incredibly generic, right down to the faux Roman Legion ranks and titles.

Same. That said I don't understand why would anyone want to infiltrate during the daytime if you have a choice. :p

I started doing the missions during daytime (in the Sneaking Suit) about halfway through when I felt I had a good grasp of the systems. I like the improved situational awareness and I just prefer looking at the game all lit up.

I feel like the visuals are the only part of MGS V that I find disappointing. It looks consistently ok, but never amazing, The hair(facial hair especially) is bad to the point of being distracting, though. I think it might be the texture quality.

The sneaking suit in the game is too lenient IMO. Being able to crouch run right behind enemies is a bit much,

Rainmaker

Banned
What would go a lot further is if they'd actually give me a reason to know who any of these supporting characters are and why I should care about them or about defending a city I'm only allowed to see from miles away. They need to make the city an actual place and flesh out the lore in something more coherent than grimoire cards. I'm really surprised that Destiny's been around for over a year and there still aren't any books, etc.

And they should also get rid of the Cabal, entirely. They are so incredibly generic, right down to the faux Roman Legion ranks and titles.

They do flesh out a few characters from the Tower once you get to The Taken King content which was a nice change of pace in that area. It also uses The Cabal more and I have a feeling we'll be getting an expansion centered around them next. I do agree The Last City needs to be a bigger part in the game for us to really grasp it.

Story-wise, I think The Taken King was a good step in showing the potential of Destiny lore. It actually made me interested enough to go and read the grimoire cards that come with The Taken King called The Book of Sorrows and I enjoyed it.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
I feel like the visuals are the only part of MGS V that I find disappointing. It looks consistently ok, but never amazing, The hair(facial hair especially) is bad to the point of being distracting, though. I think it might be the texture quality.

The sneaking suit in the game is too lenient IMO. Being able to crouch run right behind enemies is a bit much,

Really? I think it looks fantastic. Everything is so consistent and well done. I went back to Witcher 3 right after and whilst the graphical quality overall was far higher, it was more uneven and it made the flaws more noticeable. There's something to be said for consistency. Also 60fps.

Window

Dan should really know that you can hold up on the ground before they get up from their stunned state. Also that you can 'Assassins Creed' people from towers. Makes things a lot simpler.

kAmui-

I never changed the time of day or used the phantom cigar in all of the 100+ hours I played of that game.

I think I did that once and that was when I wanted to record a clip of the game and needed sunlight.

Is it just me or should Drew start using first person aiming more? I do most of my shooting in first person. Unless enemies are right in front of me I always go first person mode. I find it much easier to line up your shot and take bullet drop into account and whatnot.

Lelcar

Is it just me or should Drew start using first person aiming more? I do most of my shooting in first person. Unless enemies are right in front of me I always go first person mode. I find it much easier to line up your shot and take bullet drop into account and whatnot.

I'm with you. He should've kept the weapon options to remember his last gun POV. Those long range headshots he was trying to make would've been easier to pull off in first-person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom