• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two times today I've come within an inch of putting on shoes and driving to Best Buy for Lego Dimensions. Hearing you have to assemble the base pushed me over the edge. GCU discount knocks off $20, too...

I spent 140 dollars(with gcu) on Lego Dimensions today. YOLO

Got the base, Scooby Doo dual pack, Wizard of Oz witch and the Portal 2 level pack. I just like the minifigs.

You got me Warner Brothers, you got me ;-;

V-Faction

No joke, I would watch more "Giant Bomb Makes Mario" content. Next week, have Jeff in the driver's seat, then have Drew, and Jason, and so on.

Scizzy

I was so happy to hear Austin imply gentle disagree with Alex about the success rate of Kickstarter projects on the latest BeastCast. Maybe I'm alone in this, but listening to all four of the BeastCasters offer the same opinion on every topic gets very tired. It's usually a smart, well-reasoned opinion, but it seems like every podcast I have to hear each of them restate again and again the same series of points: "the YouTube landscape is scary," "advertising and game journalism are a dangerous mix," "Minions suck," etc. I like the podcast overall, but it could really use a Jeff-type who's always ready with some wacky point that seems crazy but usually helps to clarify and strengthen the argument of the people he's disagreeing with.

Metal Gear V, but GB related

When they watched that MGSV trailers, someone on here, or twitter, or the comments (can't remember) gave Dan shit for not knowing who the character with the bandaged face was. "It's MILLER, OMG it's so obvious that it's Miller!!!!" Guess who had the last laugh about that one.

tuxfool

Banned

When they watched that MGSV trailers, someone on here, or twitter, or the comments (can't remember) gave Dan shit for not knowing who the character with the bandaged face was. "It's MILLER, OMG it's so obvious that it's Miller!!!!" Guess who had the last laugh about that one.

Not that I recall. The problem was him not recognising naked faced Miller in any scene from the trailers.

Tubobutts

It was because Dan kept saying he didn't recognize who Miller was and thought it was Campbell.

Edit: Was Vinnyvania good? I don't know if I can watch another two hours of Vinny being broken.

AcridMeat

Banned
Whoever posted about Alex in this Ultimate Chicken video wasn't joking. The first 15 minutes is pretty obnoxious, and I don't have a problem with Alex the majority of the time.
No joke, I would watch more "Giant Bomb Makes Mario" content. Next week, have Jeff in the driver's seat, then have Drew, and Jason, and so on.
i really liked the idea of making an 'us vs. them' out of it. that's why patrick's stream was so great.
That would be a great back and forth series, if they played a Vinny level on UPF after they did a community stream making it earlier in the week, and vice versa.

Jintor

that was't it. The issue was that Dan couldn't recognise who Miller was if Miller wore a hat.

Edit: Was Vinnyvania good? I don't know if I can watch another two hours of Vinny being broken.

Well they finally got to the final level. That's still two hours and that's as far as they got.

Also SBF got through until dawn with
all characters alive
, proving that Matt is better than Alex at videogames and we can finally put this any feuds behind us.

I think I'm going to pick up undertale. What got me about it was how Austin wrote in his review how people are comparing its celebration of the mundane to Earthbound.

And I think that's what charms me so much about Earthbound, it's just so easy to put yourself in the shoes of an 11 year old kid playing the game, because it's the adventure every kid fantasizes about. Just going off on an adventure with a bunch of friends.

The opening moments of Earthbound really nail it. They just have that feeling of "something feels weird about tonight," not quite a waking dream but close to it. If Undertale really evokes that sort of feeling then I'm totally in.

Edit: This is a really cool mario maker vid. Obviously inspired by this video.

AcridMeat

Banned
Yo seriously did the developer of this game fart in Alex's face? "No one is having fun with this" wtf? Jumping off without even trying, belittling everything everyone else is saying that's positive. Christ almighty.

Dead Space 3's ending was amazing, I can say with absolute certainty that I had no idea that was coming.

Sadly I can't see the red moon from where I live, rained earlier and now it's cloudy :/

Say what you will about the game overall, Dead Space 3 was a pretty good action game with an amazing sense of scale.

Also, final fantasy did space combat? And turned the moon into a menstruating eyeball?

Toparaman

Banned
New character of the year contender

CP5Cg7EUEAUPJzb.jpg:large

God damn, Nintendo's writers are killing it lately.
edit: there were other images in Hot Coldman's post that got cut out when i quoted him.

Say what you will about the game overall, Dead Space 3 was a pretty good action game with an amazing sense of scale.

Also, final fantasy did space combat? And turned the moon into a menstruating eyeball?

...Technically yeah FF8 had moments in space that did involve combat. It's pretty badass.

You see, the Lunatic Pandora serves as a beacon for the Lunar Cry. And the Pandora was positioned under the space coffin of Adel, the previous Female Sorceress who was a dictator. So the Lunar Cry happens and launches a stream of monsters which pushes Adel into the Lunatic Pandora.

It's pretty fucking awesome.

Lelcar

...Technically yeah FF8 had moments in space that did involve combat. It's pretty badass.

You see, the Lunatic Pandora serves as a beacon for the Lunar Cry. And the Pandora was positioned under the space coffin of Adel, the previous Female Sorceress who was a dictator. So the Lunar Cry happens and launches a stream of monsters which pushes Adel into the Lunatic Pandora.

It's pretty fucking awesome.

FFVIII is my favourite Playstation era Final Fantasy. Now imagine if that was getting remade.

Wake up and slam some Mountain Dew.
Also not signed in and still streaming video.
Also Dan and his slam, just let him do his thing and choke out.
I actually have not set any custom track on my helicopter.

Lelcar

I'll be happy if they ever remake it. It's so off the walls crazy compared to FF7/FF9.

In addition to the strangeness of the back-half of the game, it has possibly the craziest first disc of that era. From the mission at Dollet to a train heist to a sniper assassination. Actually, the whole game is littered with insane set pieces. At one point you're miles in the sky hanging on to a dude with a jet pack and punching him in the face over and over again.

And the eerie downtime at Galbadia Garden where the party doesn't have an objective. Oh, game is so good. And I liked the broken junction system because it was broken. It was fun to jack up your guys early in the game with card mods, etc.

hamchan

Dan waking up in the morning, just reaching out to his side and opening his mini fridge to immediately grab a soda to drink in bed.

Dan Ryckert ladies and gents.

disc 1 ffviii is legit. the most legit.

i thought for sure it was going to be a political intrigue game. nope.

Finished disc 1 a few months ago and never went back to it. I should really do that before I completely forget what was going on again. Havent completed the game in over 15 years so I forgot most of it as is.

Zebetite

Banned
"should i research camo?"
"nah i used the sneaking suit all game"

[drew gets spotted from 60m in broad daylight for remainder of video series]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom