• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wunder

I think I did that once and that was when I wanted to record a clip of the game and needed sunlight.

Is it just me or should Drew start using first person aiming more? I do most of my shooting in first person. Unless enemies are right in front of me I always go first person mode. I find it much easier to line up your shot and take bullet drop into account and whatnot.

Yeah I'm surprised he's found as much success as he has - I use the first person mode almost exclusively for the pistol and can't hit anything without it.

demidar

Venom Snake casts Bufu!

Zaph

There's a lot you can complain about, but god damn I enjoyed MGSV. Hope the addictive gameplay isn't lost on drew by having to play piecemeal.

Trying to resist the urge to rewatch MGScanlon 3.

Herbs

Banned
Yeah I'm surprised he's found as much success as he has - I use the first person mode almost exclusively for the pistol and can't hit anything without it.

funny enough for the tranq pistol i never used it and did fine. though when I whipped out my rifle I went right to first person. For some reason, I didn't like the mode with the tranq gun.

strafer

#videogames

KjAWWZm.gif

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
lol drew "perfect stealth, no kills"

nobody tell him

Kelas

I guess those deployment ops to disrupt supplies are kinda op because the only time I encountered cameras was the airport mission (I think the first time they start using them?)

Jintor

i think i don't mind drew asking questions and learning things, but i do mind dan not knowing things despite playing a ridiculous amount of the game and/or actively telling drew weird things that aren't entirely true (not deliberately I guess but still)

I guess those deployment ops to disrupt supplies are kinda op because the only time I encountered cameras was the airport mission (I think the first time they start using them?)

I found riot suits the most important thing to take out. body armor and helmets are good too but with those you can still tranq people in the legs. everything else is a mild inconvenience.

Zaph

I deployed constantly, because fuck helmets and riot suits when going non-lethal, but I could never exactly work out how long it lasted. How the in-game 'clock' ticks seems unpredictable.

Sometimes they'd reappear after several side ops. Or a single side op or main mission. Occasionally even a cut scene would trigger them all to reappear. Once I even loaded the game up the following day and they were all immediately back.

That was the only time I came across them as well, I expected them to be common after that mission but that wasn't the case.

I have never had Mountain Dew, is it good? is it sweet?

It's at this moment that I have no idea how to describe what a Mountain Dew tastes like. The closest thing that comes to my head is a more citrus and sugary Sprite. But it's one of those things that you can only describe using the thing.

Personally I think Baja Blast is the superior flavor but I can't tell you why.

in theory, but I still found it easier to go in at night when they have flashlights, nvg, and security cameras than during the day.

And I know it says multiplayer only, but I swear the Sneaking Suit makes it harder to be spotted by the NVG dudes. Plus anyone who doesn't have an NVG can't see or hear you for shit anyway, so it's better than any camo. I don't get why you would ever go during the day when night gives you almost perfect cover, and it's still easy as hell to spot enemies even without the buddies that do so.

Jintor

so side ops and some missions have pre-set soldiers with equip loadouts, but I think the sideops and stuff effect everybody else who can have extra stuff.

LiK

hilarious that both Snakecasts mention Bioshock in terms of hoping not to spoil other games. Vinny mentioned in MGS4 and Brad in MGSV.

Window

i think i don't mind drew asking questions and learning things, but i do mind dan not knowing things despite playing a ridiculous amount of the game and/or actively telling drew weird things that aren't entirely true (not deliberately I guess but still)

Yeah I could understand that for the previous games but it's just odd here given the time investment and recency of his experience.

Jintor

It's probably just me overloading on Metal Gear as well, given that I'm watching the SBF playthrough as well. I should just go do something else for a while.

Kelas

I found riot suits the most important thing to take out. body armor and helmets are good too but with those you can still tranq people in the legs. everything else is a mild inconvenience.

I deployed constantly, because fuck helmets and riot suits when going non-lethal, but I could never exactly work out how long it lasted. How the in-game 'clock' ticks seems unpredictable.

Sometimes they'd reappear after several side ops. Or a single side op or main mission. Occasionally even a cut scene would trigger them all to reappear. Once I even loaded the game up the following day and they were all immediately back.

Yeah a few missions into africa I just kept redeploying those disruptions. I never paid much attention to the "currently disrupted" indicator icons to get a good idea of how long it lasted.

That was the only time I came across them as well, I expected them to be common after that mission but that wasn't the case.

In a way I was kinda hoping they would be more common (despite disrupting them), because they have the potential to make missions a little more interesting. Like in GZ, the camera placement forces you to make choices on how you handle rescuing paz, for example, if you don't want to cause any sort of alert.

LiK

oh wait, I actually listened to the MGS4 spoilercast before. it's been so long I forgot. just got to a part where I remembered Brad saying something that came to mind.

William

So far I am enjoying this Metal gear playthrough much more than 4, that might be because its a much more entertaining game to watch others play. Drew seems to be enjoying the missions so far and messing about with the box. hopefully that sort of stuff continues! I really enjoyed trying all the different gadgets out and playing about with the enemies reactions.
Its a shame Dan already has so much time with the game in a way, this would have been a great series if they were both discovering the game for the first time.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Anyone here played xenoblade chronicles?

An I totally OK just ignoring all the side quests and mainlining? Maybe doing the side quests that I run into while mainlining?

William

Why does Doug Loves Movies get to post their LAPodfest recorded episode so early?

My money is on Doug just not realizing he couldn't.

Never not funny posted theirs too, not sure if they had a different deal from others. "Worst idea in the world" mentioned their recording wouldn't be able to go up for a few weeks. I imagine it was just meant to be delayed as a courtesy to the people who paid so they felt they got their moneys worth

MGSV kind of lost its steam with me around the end of Chapter 1. I think I did too many sidequests or something because I got to the end of chapter 1 and was kind of bummed it wasn't the end of the game. Amazing game, but damn there may be too much of it. Which is an odd god damned thing to say about MGSV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom