• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.

daydream

Banned
It doesn't seem THAT broken though. Sure it has some framerate drops and glitches, but for the most part it just seems like a bad, poorly conceived game.

hm, it seems so unpolished to me, the menus, the systems, the animation, the collision, the everything

i'd rather have it be cool but broken so they could fix it, this just seems unsalvageable, if only 'cause it wouldn't be worth the trouble to put more time into something this bland

the only person that did a decent job was the guy who put together the soundtrack, it seems pretty good all things considered

strafer

This level is my biggest memory of THPS3.

235434-87791ss_sm2.jpg

I feel bad for most of the skaters in this game, to be honest. You have to think that most of them grew up playing these games thinking about how cool it would be to be in a tony hawk game, and now they're in this pile of trash.

Santar

Growing up in the 80's and 90's with games having lots of slowdowns and hearing Jeff and Dan complaining about Tony Hawk 5 having some frame rate drops being unacceptable makes me realize what a weird spot in gaming we're at now.

Before being jerky and slowing down was just how many games were, now if a game jerks or slows down it's like the end of the world for some people.
I'm just glad I don't care, unless a game is completely unplayable of course. If a gamle slows down a little here or there that's fine.

Myggen

Growing up in the 80's and 90's with games having lots of slowdowns and hearing Jeff and Dan complaining about Tony Hawk 5 having some frame rate drops being unacceptable makes me realize what a weird spot in gaming we're at now.

Before being jerky and slowing down was just how many games were, now if a game jerks or slows down it's like the end of the world for some people.
I'm just glad I don't care, unless a game is completely unplayable of course. If a gamle slows down a little here or there that's fine.

We didn't know better in the 90s, now we do. Especially for a game that should require precision like this game slowdown is a fucking killer.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)

THPS3 released 14 years ago and was 60fps.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
what if they put out a tony hawk maker

"They" better damn well be somebody other than Robomodo because are incapable of making a good Tony Hawk game that plays well.

If Nintendo couldn't get Mario controls even remotely close, Mario Maker would be terrible too.

Tony Hawk 3, 4, Underground, and Underground 2 were all a solid 60fps.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Hey wait where's the Bombcast

Canceled. Video games are canceled, in fact. It's Tony Hawk 5's fault.

Also I'm really confused about this idea that we didn't care about framerate in older games. That shit has been mentioned in reviews as long as 3D games have existed, and it has always been unacceptable for it to drop. Slowdown was pointed out as a negative as far as NES games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom