• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirlia

Banned
So Danny actually interviewed Tony...no wonder he's so nice on the game.

Looking at Danny's Twitter now, and it seems like he's changing his mind...
albeit reluctantly due to nostalgia.

EDIT: First post on a page twice in a row? Okie-dokie.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
THPS5 a contender for most disappointing or was its shittyness adequately telegraphed or anticipated in advance?

Jeff was the last person to have faith in the game and Dan at least thought it would be better than Tony Hawk HD. Alex isn't capable of disappointment because that would require hope, but I imagine he'd be on board too.

I think the only other contender is if Just Cause 3 completely goes off the rails in the last few months of development.

Lijik

Yall are acting like Danny was going around saying it was game of the year. Dude played it for 20 minutes, didnt run into anything egregious and went "So far its kind of okay and that doesnt line up with people saying it was a steaming shitpile"

Bacon

I think most were prepared for it's shittyness but oddly enough Jeff the skeptic seemed to hold out a small bit of hope until the last few weeks.

Yeah most people knew it was going to be a dumpster fire the minute those first screens were released, but there was still a slight glimmer of hope in there somewhere

danm999

Jeff was the last person to have faith in the game and Dan at least thought it would be better than Tony Hawk HD. Alex isn't capable of disappointment because that would require hope, but I imagine he'd be on board too.

I think the only other contender is if Just Cause 3 completely goes off the rails in the last few months of development.

i mean, it was

but that shouldn't disqualify it, imo. it's still disappointing as hell

I think most were prepared for it's shittyness but oddly enough Jeff the skeptic seemed to hold out a small bit of hope until the last few weeks.

It might slip through then. Happily it's been a weaker year for big disappointments.

THPS5 a contender for most disappointing or was its shittyness adequately telegraphed or anticipated in advance?

Jeff (and everyone else) kinda knew it could be bad, but hoped it would be good. I don't think anyone was hyped going in, so it would be hard to be disappointed. If the game actually turned out good, it would have been a shoe-in for "Best Surprise," which might disqualify it from the other category.

Activision was a powerhouse last gen but looking at this:

https://www.activision.com/games

Destiny, Skylanders and COD and a bunch of license crap is all they really have left.

I had no idea Chivalry was published by Activision on consoles, weird.

They also have that little team called Blizzard and they are still doing great. (Outside of Wow slowly dying but that was inevitable)

Activision are OK but I gotta wonder what their plan is if COD keeps dropping year after year and if Destiny 2 doesn't bring in the big numbers if people felt burned.

I think Destiny 2 will sate Activisions hunger. And Skylanders is still a force to be reckoned with with. CoD....there's enough shooters to compete with it unfortunately.

Wasn't Taken King like the most popular PSN download ever? People are still clearly interested in Destiny and I'm sure Destiny 2 will do massive numbers in sales.

Xater

They also have that little team called Blizzard and they are still doing great. (Outside of Wow slowly dying but that was inevitable)

Activision are OK but I gotta wonder what their plan is if COD keeps dropping year after year and if Destiny 2 doesn't bring in the big numbers if people felt burned.

Looking at how TTK seems to be doing I think Destiny will be a good replacement should the COD money train stop.

FStop7

Banned
Activision was a powerhouse last gen but looking at this:

https://www.activision.com/games

Destiny, Skylanders and COD and a bunch of license crap is all they really have left.

I had no idea Chivalry was published by Activision on consoles, weird.

Don't forget Blizzard. Blizzard rakes in the cash.

hahaha I had no idea Jason Lee was a skater.

jason-lee-2.jpg

Jason Lee Pro Skater

Kickstart this shit.

Nah, he's corny as hell. He was especially annoying in Skate 3.

"The change in voice for your Ghost in Destiny has easily made him surpass all other characters this year." - Brad Shoemaker

"And I really think that TTK is a really solid game. That's why I'm fighting for it in the #1 GotY spot."
-Jeff Gerstmann

It's going to happen isn't it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom