• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
I don't really buy their games but Activision is generally a decently behaving Big Publisher. It is still a corporate behemoth with all the accompanying ethical issues, but they generally keep things respectable. Or cover it up better.

I don't really buy their games but Activision is generally a decently behaving Big Publisher. It is still a corporate behemoth with all the accompanying ethical issues, but they generally keep things respectable. Or cover it up better.

doesn't hurt when your closest comparisons are EA and Ubisoft. frankly all they have to do is put out games that aren't completely broken and/or be publicly belligerent towards their customers and they automatically come out ahead

but let's not forget they're also the ones behind Destiny

Outside of the Infinity Ward blowup and the whole Bobby Kotick "skepticism, pessimism, and fear" thing, sure, they're not quite as terrible publicly as their direct competitors

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Why didn't anyone tell me that Adam Sessler is an actor now?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J47OSRORyk4

edit:
CNL3NDlUEAAq_hY.jpg:large

DanRyckert

A good strange little man
I think it was like a Q&A or Interview about his favorite action movies? Don't think it was a skit.

The plan was to sit down with him and just shoot the shit about Hollywood action movies, considering we're both big fans of them. I had some questions lined up and he seemed to have no interest in any kind of real discussion. Lots of "Yes, Die Hard was a good movie" types of responses. Game Informer's video producer Ben Hanson (@yozetty on Twitter if you want to bug him) has the footage and keeps telling me he's gonna put it up on their website, but I have no idea when.

Anjin M

sometimes, i like to stoke the flames of angry playstation nerds who always threaten to cancel their ps+ account every month because Knack/15 retail AAA ps4 games weren't added that month.
I started PS+ when I got my PS4. The selection has been really good. Plus I got Ground Zeroes, so I say it has been a win overall.

Outside of the Infinity Ward blowup and the whole Bobby Kotick "skepticism, pessimism, and fear" thing, sure, they're not quite as terrible publicly as their direct competitors
I remember when Activision was the evil empire and Bobby Kotick was Emperor Palpatine. Times sure have changed.

Best part of Jeff's Gears review is the background image:

Edit: It's not funny to me anymore, but I'll keep this post around.
That's pretty good.

edit://

So is Metal Gear good guys?

Also hi.
Glitches!!!!

We don't know if it's good or not. We're still avoiding spoilers.

When Knack is eventually added to Plus, I will probably register the license for it and almost certainly not download it.

Rocket League in July, Sound Shapes in August and Grow Home in Sept are worth the respective monthly fees alone.

Patryn

It's alright.

Don't spoil me, Patryn!

Don't worry. Honestly, I don't care about Metal Gear enough to even seek out spoilers.

I'd also like to think I'm considerate enough to avoid ruining people's experience.

I think I'm just bitter knowing this thread is going to be 80 percent Metal Gear for like the next week or so.

When Knack is eventually added to Plus, I will probably register the license for it and almost certainly not download it.

Rocket League in July, Sound Shapes in August and Grow Home in Sept are worth the respective monthly fees alone.

I would've been happy with paying $50 for Rocket League alone. Everything before or after that has just been a bonus really

please don't lift women

did you watch the same Galerians playthrough that i did?

Anjin M

Metal gear has never, in any way, been good.
True.

It is in fact not impossible to pick up a girl at a bar without being a douchebag.
I'm willing to take your word for this, but the internet tells me otherwise.

I can't wait to get my hands on Grow Home. That looks like a lot of fun.

edit://
Don't worry. Honestly, I don't care about Metal Gear enough to even seek out spoilers.

I'd also like to think I'm considerate enough to avoid ruining people's experience.

I think I'm just bitter knowing this thread is going to be 80 percent Metal Gear for like the next week or so.
You mean as opposed to the last year?

I went looking for spoilers. But since I'm not an MGS fan, they didn't do that much for me. All I'm interested in is sneaking around and shooting dudes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom