• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaina

I'm happy about Grow Home, but don't care about the other stuff. But it's rarely been a PS+ month without 2 games I'm interested in.

I think I'm just bitter knowing this thread is going to be 80 percent Metal Gear for like the next week or so.

It's already been 80 percent Metal Gear for the past month.

And now that I've mentioned Metal Gear in this post I can put literally anything I want in these spoiler tags and be confident that nobody will click on it. Hi Glitches. Welcome back.

Myggen

Don't worry. Honestly, I don't care about Metal Gear enough to even seek out spoilers.

I'd also like to think I'm considerate enough to avoid ruining people's experience.

I think I'm just bitter knowing this thread is going to be 80 percent Metal Gear for like the next week or so.

Doubt it. To discuss MGSV would almost by default require spoilers, and I hope people keep that to the dedicated threads. I hope there's not much MGSV talk here. When people discussed MGS in general it was partly related to MGScanlon, so at least we had that excuse then. Discussing one game at great length excludes those who don't care about that game in a thread that should be about GB.

Doubt it. To discuss MGSV would almost by default require spoilers, and I hope people keep that to the dedicated threads. I hope there's not much MGSV talk here. When people discussed MGS in general it was partly related to MGScanlon, so at least we had that excuse then. Discussing one game at great length excludes those who don't care about that game in a thread that should be about GB.

I think the nature of the Mother Base development stuff as well as the openworld lends itself to plenty of opportunities for this thread to go into Metal Gear chat while still avoiding spoilers. But I'm sure it'll be fine to come in here without thinking it's another Metal OT.

justjim89

What has two thumbs and just spoiled the big final MGSV twist for himself whilst searching for technical support for a problem with Ground Zeroes?

This guy.

God damn it. I was being so careful. Fucking shit.

Patryn

Have you not noticed how many times you've had to redirect people to the Metal Gear threads already in this thread?

I laugh every time I see it happen.

yeah, im pretty sure i was accidentally spoiled on something that occurs at the very end of MGSV due to a review that was too forthcoming with the end than i really wanted it to be. Regardless, now i can't wait to push onward to check out wtf that review was vaguely referring to.

it does feel all warm and cozy to discuss MGSV in here, though. I hope it continues!

justjim89

yeah, im pretty sure i was accidentally spoiled on something that occurs at the very end of MGSV due to a review that was too forthcoming with the end than i really wanted it to be. Regardless, now i can't wait to push onward to check out wtf that review was vaguely referring to.

it does feel all warm and cozy to discuss MGSV in here, though. I hope it continues!

I mean, I suppose I can take solace in the fact that the best part of this game is the moment to moment gameplay, not the story. But I feel like I've ruined what little story is there.

I feel hollow inside now.

- J - D -

I only listened to a few. not gonna lie, sometimes they get real depressing for me.

Depressing in the "how have I not accomplished more in my life?" kind of depressing or the "how is Dan such a manchild?" kind of depressing?

I just wanna gird myself.

I only listened to a few. not gonna lie, sometimes they get real depressing for me.

I listened to an episode when I was feeling super depressed and I needed something to laugh at and cheer me up. The episode ended up being super serious and it kind of turned me off the podcast entirely.

Would anyone here be interested in a copy of Ground Zeroes for PC? As I might have a spare copy.

I would be interested. I own it on the 360 but the resolution makes it hard to go back to.

This Crusader Kings 2 playdate is great, I hope that GBeast comes back to it soon.

What review?

Most of the questions on Danswers are stuff I may have had problems with years ago, but come to realizations myself. Basically, the don't be an asshole stuff. The only thing I have no opinion on is the OkCupid stuff, as I never used online dating. I understand the "horrible guy at bar thing," but that never was a issue for me (probably as I don't drink), and every single relationship I was ever in seemed to be happy accidents. Meeting a girl when shopping and talking about pasta, or meeting a girl when waiting for a doctor's appointment when both of us sneezed at each other. I should probably do a weird ways to start a relationship listicle.

No_Style

I've only listened to two or three episodes that featured guests that I want to hear perspectives from but Danswers gets into territory which I don't come to a video game website for.

I have no problem with its existence; it's just not for me.

LiK

Don't get me wrong, I love Danswers but you definitely need to be in the mood for some of the more serious stuff.

Anjin M

I am angry about the Nutella (pronounced “new-tell-uh”), and am going to create a thread!
I would post in that thread!
I listened to an episode when I was feeling super depressed and I needed something to laugh at and cheer me up. The episode ended up being super serious and it kind of turned me off the podcast entirely.
Come to think of it, that's probably the reason I don't listen any more. My life is serious enough. Giant Bomb is escapism for me.
This Crusader Kings 2 playdate is great, I hope that GBeast comes back to it soon.
I hope so too. I love Vinny reacting to that game.

I tried to replicate their starting position on my own, but I decided to make myself Italian. Big mistake since everyone around me is still a Norman and I'm treated like a foreigner. It has been amusing, at least.

This was what I was worrying about with these reviews. People find it hard to write around important details. I have done four reviews for the Life is Strange episodes over the last year, and every time I write a review I try to explain just enough not to go overboard, and also try to not directly reference events of past episode. Trying to be vague but also reference some details is probably more hassle than it is worth, but I feel it the right thing to do - especially for games where the story is vitally important.

I think it was the Telegraph review. I don't know, as soon as i read it I started doing my best to try and forgot the whole thing happened

Having read it I think you might be looking into nothing? I can't see anything that jumps out to me as a spoiler.

I hope so too. I love Vinny reacting to that game.

I tried to replicate their starting position on my own, but I decided to make myself Italian. Big mistake since everyone around me is still a Norman and I'm treated like a foreigner. It has been amusing, at least.

Vinny guiding the ship while Austin and Alex attempt to reason with him is always good content and CK has some real potential for that.

Myggen

G1rqQNt.png

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
jason talked a bit about his past during the extra life. definitely surrpised he gets so much work and gaming done when he talked about him having kids from an ex-wife and that he still kept up with his ex-wife

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom