• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Destiny is fucking shit

please stop GB please

bring back ranking of fighters IM SO SORRY for criticising it

trmp1.gif

StoveOven

Banned
This actually looks really cool. I would just never play enough Destiny to get to a point where I could do this. Glad I get to see it played though.

This raid stuff, it's not informing the player as to what it expects of you so this stuff is guesswork unless you already know?

I don't know if that's supposed to be fun but it's strikes me as if it isn't.

This raid stuff, it's not informing the player as to what it expects of you so this stuff is guesswork unless you already know?

From my raid experiences in other games, part of the fun is learning how to do it and spending a day (on the long ones) with friends. Now there is an element of frustration and everyone's tolerances can be different, but it is enjoyable to sort out what you have to do.

Those chests look super pointless though.

Jeff getting nailed by that piston was hilarious.

Unlike WoW which puts up the raid fights beforehand on the PTE, for Destiny they leave it for guesswork. Which has it's ups and downs I suppose. But yeah once everyone figures out what to do it becomes so damn simple.

Seems like everyone pretty just does what the first people to complete it did. As far as I can tell, mechanically there is only one way to do the raid.

Zocano

That's literally how raids have been designed since WoW. Typically you can piece everything together quite easily. There is only one thing in this raid that is just straight up something that I feel you have to look up. Everything else you can sort of pull out and is subtly hinted at.

The chests exist solely to help you get more shards.

This is terrible design.

I appreciate what they're going for with the stuff in between combat encounters but it all just seems irritating rather than challenging or fun.

Pretty much, it can be real frustrating in the moment but it can be fun figuring stuff out and then executing on it. That's raid design as a whole though.

I love how Brad is just gleeful. Like he's legit happy doing this with his friends. Jeff has his serious game face on, but I feel he's enjoying it(Except for the shard part).

Zocano

I love how Brad is just gleeful. Like he's legit happy doing this with his friends. Jeff has his serious game face on, but I feel he's enjoying it(Except for the shard part).

Yah, Jeff seems to be having a good bit of fun and is pretty engaged when it actually gets down to it.

hey guys how's the raid going

They're like 65% done

I give them at *the very least* 1 and a half hours. Some of them have a Touch of Malice so their DPS should be solid.

daydream

Banned
They're like 65% done

I give them at *the very least* 1 and a half hours. Some of them have a Touch of Malice so their DPS should be solid.

and they started when i left to catch a movie, heh

i watched the first raid stream from start to finish so i shouldn't act surprised

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom