• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.
2786936-7219245784-a9682.jpg

She only starts killing people if you mess up.

I swear I've seen her shoot guys before I even get there, but oh well. Regardless, I get caught enough that I would rather she just not shoot them and let me handle it. Maybe it would be better if I just have her constantly scout everything except for the area I'm in.

Zocano

I will note I just have a giant fucking peeve of criticism and using the word "uninspired" It's the most non-descriptive complaint you can make.

Couldn't he just flip that around and say why do some people insist on shitting on Destiny at every opportunity?

Ok but let's break that down.

• One person is criticizing a game that is being played on the stream we're watching.
  • The other person is complaining because people hold a different opinion than their own.

Zocano

They seem pretty engaged to me. Best thing about this raid is actually giving people active jobs constantly instead of a lot of sit and just shoot dudes like the past two.

Rainmaker

Banned
This is enjoyable to watch. My group is only just now getting to the Oryx battle so it's fun to see the guys get through all of this stuff.

Seemed more like a relevant observation and opinion to me. Is the stream only for Destiny fans?

Of course it isn't, but when you're posting multiple times about how boring or terrible this is then why would you continue watching?

I also just find it boring how every single time Destiny is even mentioned it's met with the exact same comment cycle that doesn't actually consist of a discussion and immediately devolves into two sides throwing stones at each other. Both sides are as stupid as the other.

Are you new to video game discussions on the internet? How is being defensive about a game you like unique to the Destiny player base?
Well I mean I was commenting on people in this thread, during this stream, taking exception to a lot of benign passing observations.

This is an interesting fight, I don't really like such bullet spongey the guy is but this is really demonstrating how important it is to keep coordinated in these kinds of fights. Sounds like Austin is dropping the ball a bit.

What's the purpose of punching him every so often like they're doing?

LiK

This is an interesting fight, I don't really like such bullet spongey the guy is but this is really demonstrating how important it is to keep coordinated in these kinds of fights. Sounds like Austin is dropping the ball a bit.

yea, basically if everyone is doing their job well, it goes by fast. the coordination is more intense later.

Are you new to video game discussions on the internet? How is being defensive about a game you like unique to the Destiny player base?

In general you're not wrong, but just the other day in this very thread people were tearing the heck out of Bioshock Infinite. Those of us that love the game dearly are able to acknowledge the game's flaws and engage with those who feel otherwise. Not once did we complain that people were expressing their opinions.

Liamc723

What's the purpose of punching him every so often like they're doing?

It triggers melting point, which gives them a damage boost.

TraBuch

Banned
I understand that enrage timers are necessary, but god I've always hated them. Fucking Sunwell Plateau. Fuck you, Brutallus.

Who is the one leading this vocally? He's doing a good job of explaining/helping. I had a lot of bad early raid experiences with people communicating.

AcridMeat

Banned
In general you're not wrong, but just the other day in this very thread people were tearing the heck out of Bioshock Infinite. Those of us that love the game dearly are able to acknowledge the game's flaws and engage with those who feel otherwise. Not once did we complain that people were expressing their opinions.
But to be fair to Destiny fans they've had to hear shit from this thread for over a year now. I kind of get it. I agree that this stream isn't entertaining, but it's easier to just stop watching than continue the tired back and forth.

The coordination aspect is neat but I just wouldn't have the patience for this shit now. I want the next Borderlands to have this level of coordination, but without the bullet sponge enemies. And repetition. If the boss fights had the layered mechanics, but the fight lasted 10-20 minutes, that would be perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom