• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've only followed the mechanics of this boss fight, but here's what I see happening (and someone who actually knows can correct me)

1. The Taken King slams his fist
2. Everyone but Jeff stands on pillars (this lets Jeff use them in the spirit world), killing ogres.
3. Jeff goes on the slammed pillar, goes into the spirit world, and hits other pillars (that his teammates are standing on) until he gets an aura.
4. Jeff dunks the aura on the knight, they kill the knight.

5a. Taken King's chest opens up. They need to do enough DPS or he kills them all. If even one person is dead, they pretty much wipe.
5b. Sometimes the Taken King will put them in a spirit world. People outside the spirit world just kill things, people inside the spirit world need to shoot a mini version of the Taken King, before he kills them all.
6. Bombs appear in different parts of the map that everyone but Jeff runs to and detonates. This does the bulk of the damage to the Taken King.

7. The Taken King will try and attack them so everyone just runs laps.
8. Repeat back to step one.

Ozone

HOW is this still going on? I had a team of 3 experienced and 3 rookies doing this Tuesday and we cleared it in 3 hours.

This is never ending.

I've only followed the mechanics of this boss fight, but here's what I see happening (and someone who actually knows can correct me)

1. The Taken King slams his fist
2. Everyone but Jeff stands on pillars (this lets Jeff use them in the spirit world), killing ogres.
3. Jeff goes on the slammed pillar, goes into the spirit world, and hits other pillars (that his teammates are standing on) until he gets an aura.
4. Jeff dunks the aura on the knight, they kill the knight.

5a. Taken King's chest opens up. They need to do enough DPS or he kills them all. If even one person is dead, they pretty much wipe.
5b. Sometimes the Taken King will put them in a spirit world. People outside the spirit world just kill things, people inside the spirit world need to shoot a mini version of the Taken King, before he kills them all.
6. Bombs appear in different parts of the map that everyone but Jeff runs to and detonates. This does the bulk of the damage to the Taken King.

7. The Taken King will try and attack them so everyone just runs laps.
8. Repeat back to step one.

There's a couple of steps you're missing-
For the people standing on pillars, Ogres appear around hte light. You have to kill these, they're the ones who drop the bombs that will wipe everything and damage the bomb.

After the first phase, you have to run around while Oryx bombs you.

Every phase afterwards, Oryx takes you to the shadowrealm where you have to kill Shadow Oryx or you'll be shadow-died.

For fuck's sake!

I've watched like 90% of this and I'm going out for drinks in like 20 minutes so I won't even get the enjoyment of seeing them succeed live. Aaaaaaaaaahhh

I mean, really, at this point why don't you say "well I did most of it" and walk away for a while? He must drop some good loot or something.

Christ what if they finish this and Jeff doesn't even get anything.

6hrs and 20 minutes?

minus about 45 minutes because of stream uptime vs playtime, but yeah. they've been going for a while.

everyone seems to be in that mode of "only talk when necessary" and it's a real stark contrast compared to the beginning when it was all chatter and laughter. I know this feeling all too well.

Ozone

I play Destiny a lot, but yo, fuck Destiny.

I'd ask Fobwashed to gif that ship hit, but he's busy suffering in there.

AcridMeat

Banned
I mean, really, at this point why don't you say "well I did most of it" and walk away for a while? He must drop some good loot or something.

Jeff will get shards and fling his controller and walk off the set while Brad sends off the stream.

Oh wait this isn't Mario Party.

I think there's a feeling like it's wasted time or something, but I know with WoW, we would typically make it a goal to just get to a certain point each time and gradually gear up and practice so that the real run would be much easier. I'm not sure how feasible that is with Destiny, though.

GRIP

The weapons really aren't that great. The scout and pulse rifles are decent, but the hand cannon and auto rifles are pretty bad. I got two damn autos on my first clear and used both to infuse other weapons. The only thing good about them are the levels they drop at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom