• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jothel

i dont get it either because climbing is seriously not that hard in that game, the game is generous with flowers/leaves and theres teleporters to use.
theres no reason it should be frustrating unless someone is being purposefully obtuse or they seriously borked up the ps4 release. i never heard of anyone having such a hard time until it came out on that.

the ps4 version is nooooot great, the framerate never seems great and 90% of the time the climbing is fine... until it's not

Nero18

That story Dan told on UPF about the PC in the basement can't possibly be true can it? There is no way any electrical circuits could survive that unless they were specifically designed accordingly.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
That story Dan told on UPF about the PC in the basement can't possibly be true can it? There is no way any electrical circuits could survive that unless they were specifically designed accordingly.

Nah, if there's no power coursing through it there's no reason why it can't be true. The biggest dangers of water damage is just through water corroding certain metals in the internals and also redirecting electricity to parts that will get damage by electricity or not designed to withstand certain voltages. It's why portable electronics can survive water damage once all remaining water residue is gone.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say

It sounds completely unbelievable. I would imagine parts would begin to corrode in rain water. Water would probably pool in all sorts of hard to access areas. The tiny power supplied by the CMOS battery might cause poblems?

Nero18

Nah, if there's no power coursing through it there's no reason why it can't be true. The biggest dangers of water damage is just through water corroding certain metals in the internals and also redirecting electricity to parts that will get damage by electricity or not designed to withstand certain voltages. It's why portable electronics can survive water damage once all remaining water residue is gone.

But he said that all other consoles got ruined, im assuming he either pulled power from all or none. What are odds of every component then drying up perfectly?

But he said that all other consoles got ruined, im assuming he either pulled power from all or none. What are odds of every component then drying up perfectly?

Pretty good? It's not exactly hard to dry something out, it just requires a lot of patience. Hell, here's a good video of how a laptop can be fine. But you're right, it would have had to have been unpowered for it to survive, and some parts might still have been screwed up. The big caveat with any of these tech things is that circumstances can vary quite a bit, and one rig or device might not make it when another does.

Jintor

i've thought this for a while now, but brad's slicked back hair always makes me think of

giphy.gif

Ha, I'm finally sitting down to watch MGScanlon 4, what the hell did he do when he tried to grab that soldier on the roof? Ha. Always finding new ways to end missions in a bloodbath.

Enjoyed this UPF. Come to think of it, I don't think there was an UPF that I didn't enjoy because I always look forward to whatever the guys have to say, the stories they share and whatever games they are playing. I don't think them trying too hard to entertain should be the focus because the charm of UPF is watching them do whatever the fuck they want.

Hagi

I folded after 5 hours of the raid and skipped to the last 10 minutes so I didn't have to watch them dying at Oryx for nearly 3 hours. Congrats guys, waching them makes me want to try it but at the same time I'm glad I'm too lazy to try LFG because it looks like a royal pain in the ass.

Dat loot though.

Xater

I folded after 5 hours of the raid and skipped to the last 10 minutes so I didn't have to watch them dying at Oryx for nearly 3 hours. Congrats guys, waching them makes me want to try it but at the same time I'm glad I'm too lazy to try LFG because it looks like a royal pain in the ass.

Dat loot though.

I had the same thought process. I wanted to try it myself after that but then realized it would involve some grinding and after that there kinda would be nothing left in Destiny anyway. At least for me. So instead I just deleted Destiny again.

Hagi

I had the same thought process. I wanted to try it myself after that but then realized it would involve some grinding and after that there kinda would be nothing left in Destiny anyway. At least for me. So instead I just deleted Destiny again.

I'm like level 275 now and have been grinding for a couple of days to get higher just because. I don't know I've run into the same issue I had when I dropped the game last year wherein not having a regular group to play with leaves me aimless. I love the art design for the loot though so I'll keep playing, it's the only multi player game I have anyway.

Xater

I'm like level 275 now and have been grinding for a couple of days to get higher just because. I don't know I've run into the same issue I had when I dropped the game last year wherein not having a regular group to play with leaves me aimless. I love the art design for the loot though so I'll keep playing, it's the only multi player game I have anyway.

A regular group would help but meh. The end game while improved is still kinda bad in Destiny.

I am now waiting for MGO to drop because that looks fun. Also have high hope for Star Wars Battlefront after the 2 different demos I got to play at Gamescom. Both the coop and the X-Wing vs Tie mode were really fun.

Hagi

A regular group would help but meh. The end game while improved is still kinda bad in Destiny.

I am now waiting for MGO to drop because that looks fun. Also have high hope for Star Wars Battlefront after the 2 different demos I got to play at Gamescom. Both the coop and the X-Wing vs Tie mode were really fun.

Oh yeah I keep forgetting MGO is a thing, I'll need to get my copr back from my brother when that rolls out. I'm definitely getting Battlefront because it looks fun and I love Star Wars. Are the flight controls a more simplified version of what Battlefield offers? I suck at all forms of flight in those games. Lifting off then crashing to the ground is a regular thing for me.

My Giant Bomb Vintage t-shirt came and I'm really impressed with it. It's incredibly comfortable and fits really well. The design is really nice and low key too. I've never bought a shirt from them (all of the previous designs have been a little too 90s amusement park for what I usually wear) but I'm really happy with it!

Xater

Oh yeah I keep forgetting MGO is a thing, I'll need to get my copr back from my brother when that rolls out. I'm definitely getting Battlefront because it looks fun and I love Star Wars. Are the flight controls a more simplified version of what Battlefield offers? I suck at all forms of flight in those games. Lifting off then crashing to the ground is a regular thing for me.

Yeah it's very simplified. I was never good with the jets, but was good with the Battlefront ships immediately. Very easy to get into. Probably almost as simple as playing Rogue Squadron or it's ilk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom