• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.
HTML5 tended to just go to a black screen after 15 minutes or so. Maybe that's ironed out by now. The live player is also still terrible on Android. I used to never have any issues with any of the players, but every time they "improve" them the players get worse.

What made me stop using HTML5 on GB was the horrible audio de-sync that occurs a bit of time in. Wonder if it's solely a Chrome thing, though.

I haven't had that problem for a while, but it was there in Chrome and brought up on the bug forum. I'd try that again if you like not having all your processing power being eaten up.

If anyone uses Windows 8/10 the giant bomb video thing app from the app store has support for premium content and works much better than their actual video player.

dan2026

Just watching the first part of the destiny stream and this doesn't look very fun at all.

In fact it looks outright bad. Terrible 1st person platforming.

If anyone uses Windows 8/10 the giant bomb video thing app from the app store has support for premium content and works much better than their actual video player.

I didn't know that existed! And it plays in 60 fps?

Giving it a try now. It uses 1-2% CPU which is fucking GREAT! The MGSV frame rate is too erratic for me to tell if this player running at 60, though. It doesn't sync with GB Video buddy, which is a shame. I would love to be able to continue where I left off on my Nexus 9, or even have a "continue watching" section like Netflix has.

Zaph

It doesn't sync with GB Video buddy, which is a shame. I would love to be able to continue where I left off on my Nexus 9, or even have a "continue watching" section like Netflix has.

Unfortunately not really possible given the GB API is read-only with no access to user accounts. Only way around it would require all the apps across all platforms being created by the same dev with an embedded account system.

Yeah, but really that sort of API functionality could have and should have been integrated years ago.

Drew has killed more people in 4 episodes of MGScanlon than I did in 70 hours of playing the game.

Xater

I actually stopped watching MGS after the second episode. I will probably just check in when they reach the last part of the game and shit is actually happening.

I definitely see where you're coming from. I enjoy the Dan-Drew dynamic enough that I could watch them do just about anything, though. It's also fun to see somebody play Phantom Pain in a manner 100% different than my own.

Myggen

What made me stop using HTML5 on GB was the horrible audio de-sync that occurs a bit of time in. Wonder if it's solely a Chrome thing, though.

They fixed that a few months ago, and it was solely a Chrome problem. Try it again now, it shouldn't be a problem anymore.

Fuck I want to buy Destiny given it doesn't seem like it's coming to the PC any time soon. I don't know what is wrong with me.

If you jump in now after having only played the beta(ie, never bought the base game) do you start from the very beginning or what?

mintyice

Fuck I want to buy Destiny given it doesn't seem like it's coming to the PC any time soon. I don't know what is wrong with me.

If you jump in now after having only played the beta(ie, never bought the base game) do you start from the very beginning or what?

I think they gave players an item that would automatically level you up to 25 but none of your skills are leveled and you have bad gear, so don't do it.

Bacon

I believe they give you an item that takes you to level 25 and gives you access to the taken king content immediately.

If you haven't seen the base game content you should go through all that first though. At this point there will be a sizable amount of content for you there from base game+first 2 expansions+taken king. It actually feels like a full game at this point which is sad when you are saying that a year after launch.

tuxfool

Banned

Poor impulse control will serve you well with destiny.

repeater

Watching Friday's UPF now after having been largely out of the loop for about the last month. Holy shit, you guys weren't kidding about Brad, he looks fantastic.
But Jeff is out. Is Destiny the vessel through which Brad plans to consume all of Jeff's life energy, leaving nothing but an empty, broken husk?

Patryn

I started playing Destiny. I'm beginning to understand Jeff.

Like, there's a lot to not like about the game. I literally have zero idea why I'm doing what I'm doing. I mean, there are cutscenes, but it really feels like they took random sections out of a giant book and you're just jumping between them.

All the missions basically end up being stand in a room and kill waves of enemies.

And yet..

And YET...

I keep being strangely compelled to play it.

I think what'll help is that I don't have any friends to play it with, so I've been avoiding anything that requires multiplayer.

- J - D -

It's pretty fun watching the Destiny stream by jumping forward in half hour increments. Brad is just jubilant throughout and I couldn't tell if Jeff was tired or had his game face on.

I started playing Destiny. I'm beginning to understand Jeff.

Like, there's a lot to not like about the game. I literally have zero idea why I'm doing what I'm doing. I mean, there are cutscenes, but it really feels like they took random sections out of a giant book and you're just jumping between them.

All the missions basically end up being stand in a room and kill waves of enemies.

And yet..

And YET...

I keep being strangely compelled to play it.

I think what'll help is that I don't have any friends to play it with, so I've been avoiding anything that requires multiplayer.

Next time you're hanging out with friends, the code phrase is, "Blues that turn into purples make the guardian happy." and the person you'd least suspect will nod and then repeat 4 more times and run the raid.

Myggen

2787570-7532695781-GsUNe.gif

AcridMeat

Banned
UPF
"You can hit B to block the arrows"
hahahahahah that was incredible.

I wish I had people to play this with so badly, such a genius concept for a game.

edit: Hahhahahaa
the barbed wire at the end

MGScanlon is solid gold, watching a best of doesn't do it justice. However, I can see how one may not have the time to do so. I watched 2-3 episodes a day and it took me probably one and a half month to see it all in preperation for MGSV. Brought back lots of good memories and it was great going through the series in the eyes of a person who never experienced the world of MGS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom