• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.

tchocky

Dan has made a new difficult Mario Maker level. 6E3C-0000-008D-C11F

Dan Ryckert ‏@DanRyckert
Putting the finishing touches on a real asshole of a Super Mario Maker level. This one's for you, @patrickklepek.

Dan Ryckert ‏@DanRyckert
It took me about 50 tries to upload it, but Spikeshoe Plains is now uploaded on Super Mario Maker. You can play it at 6E3C-0000-008D-C11F.

Dan Ryckert ‏@DanRyckert
There have been 400 attempts on Spikeshoe Plains as of right now, but no one has beaten it yet. Try it out! 6E3C-0000-008D-C11F

WVW69ic-BG8UhKWubH
WVW69ic-S-UVzeKbRF
WVW69ic-ZvoK9ERna6

Ugh, that mission is terrible.

you can always tell the people who didn't throw rebel yell onto their cassette player during that mission: it's the ones who didn't like it

just blast that shit from the speakers, hop on d-horse and rain fire on those motherfuckers

Dan has made a new difficult Mario Maker level. 6E3C-0000-008D-C11F

I'm already tired of Dan's levels. I'm done with "check out how much of an asshole my level is." There's no shortage of that shit.

What? Equip RPG/Mines and have C4 as backup > set mines down on path of the double tank set > run with RPG to single tank in the north > call in supply drops for RPGs and just gank all the others, especially when the special weapon appears.

I mean if you're trying to do all the other side objectives it could be a pain, but on the first run just blowing shit up it's perfectly fine, even if you don't get them all.

demidar

It's just an extremely boring mission, using tools that aren't as fleshed out as manipulating soldiers like marionettes. Finishing it isn't a problem, it's just not fun.

I'm already tired of Dan's levels. I'm done with "check out how much of an asshole my level is." There's no shortage of that shit.

I'm exactly the same way. I'm starting to regret my purchase of that game, it is so full of those levels, the great stuff is so hard to find. I actually wish there was more of the Nintendo made levels... also building a continous course of worlds and adding in a overworld would also help as well. The making of the levels is fun, but I just feel like there could be a lot more that should be added to make it a better overall experiance. I had a fun couple hours every few days for a while, but I think I'm done with Super Mario Maker and if they ever update it, I might go back to it.

I'm exactly the same way. I'm starting to regret my purchase of that game, it is so full of those levels, the great stuff is so hard to find. I actually wish there was more of the Nintendo made levels... also building a continous course of worlds and adding in a overworld would also help as well. The making of the levels is fun, but I just feel like there could be a lot more that should be added to make it a better overall experiance. I had a fun couple hours every few days for a while, but I think I'm done with Super Mario Maker and if they ever update it, I might go back to it.

It would go a long way to be able to create a 'world' of levels, because then you can start having cohesive themes for a set of levels and not having it be a wasted effort by being played in sequence.

Myggen

nelsonfalker asked:Jeff, what does "Girl got a penitentiary body" mean?

This knucklehead drug dealer dude that I co-announced an all-women’s arm wrestling tournament with used it to describe one of the women competing and it was the funniest shit I had ever heard at that moment.

Jeff answers what we've all been wondering for years.

"knucklehead drug dealer dude"

good stuff

also I always kind of assumed that it was either a body that would get you put in the penitentiary or a body that you would only want if you had just gotten out of the penitentiary

I really want to know about how Jeff came about announcing that

Yeah, gonna need the backstory on that backstory.

"knucklehead drug dealer dude"

good stuff

also I always kind of assumed that it was either a body that would get you put in the penitentiary or a body that you would only want if you had just gotten out of the penitentiary

It's a body that you would get after years of doing nothing but eat, sleep, read/workout, repeat.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member

It's fantastic! There's a slight trick to it though. You want to take over the barracks (you can land near it) and just stay there for the entire mission because every target passes it. If you're spending that mission chasing after everything, you can either have a great time or an awful time. Given Drew's proficiency, I doubt he'll enjoy it though.

I started watching the P4 Endurance Run once they hit episode 50 because they talked about it a lot during the bombcast that they recorded that week. I then went back and caught up to where they were live but more than that, I bought the game and finished it a week or 2 before they did. That was something special.

Jintor

I don't think the backlash on TPP will retroactively ruin the fun people had with the game. It'll be a Hideo Kojima GotY™

i thought that until i finished it

it didn't ruin it per say but it took a lot of convincing myself it didn't ruin it, which is probably a sign it actually did kind of ruin it

i thought that until i finished it

it didn't ruin it per say but it took a lot of convincing myself it didn't ruin it, which is probably a sign it actually did kind of ruin it

I think it made it even better. Not to get into spoiler territory, but I really think it made it all the much better. Smile on my face better.

Myggen

MGSV is one of the best playing games I've ever played, and I had so many fun moments with that game. Sure the story was kind of a mess, but when the actual game is that fun I don't really care. Probably helps that I don't care that much about the MG lore. Easily my GOTY, easily.

Undertale is probably the closest to MGSV for me, followed by Bloodborne.

Anjin M

A few things:

1) Hey Myggen, are you on OT #17? (One of these days I will volunteer, but I'm a little scared.)

2) Because of describing different games as assholes earlier in the threat, my dumb brain put this together and I have to clear it out:

Giant Bomb #17 | An oil rig full of drivatars

3) Has anyone put together a GBGaf PS4 community? If not, I will gladly do so tonight.

Myggen

A few things:

1) Hey Myggen, are you on OT #17? (One of these days I will volunteer, but I'm a little scared.)

2) Because of describing different games as assholes earlier in the threat, my dumb brain put this together and I have to clear it out:

Giant Bomb #17 | An oil rig full of drivatars

3) Has anyone put together a GBGaf PS4 community? If not, I will gladly do so tonight.

If you want it you can take it. I'm extremely busy at work this week and won't be able to put in the time I'd like to make it a great OT.

Jintor

I think it made it even better. Not to get into spoiler territory, but I really think it made it all the much better. Smile on my face better.

I flipped between rage, despair, 'oh kojima you clever bastard' and 'oh kojima you fucking hack' about twenty times in the immediate hour following it, so i dunno.

It was definitely a metal gear end of game thing, i'll give it that.

daydream

Banned
at the end of the year, we should have people pick their top 10 GB videos of the year. would be kind of interesting to see.

it probably wouldn't make my top 10 (or just barely) but i'd reckon mpp5 would fare well in such a vote

contradiction is way up there for me

it's been an eventful year

Bacon

it probably wouldn't make my top 10 (or just barely) but i'd reckon mpp5 would fare well in such a vote

contradiction is way up there for me

it's been an eventful year

I feel like I can't separate all the contradiction videos (or Until Dawn videos) in my mind. I think I would have to vote on those as a block which would complicate things.

daydream

Banned
I feel like I can't separate all the contradiction videos (or Until Dawn videos) in my mind. I think I would have to vote on those as a block which would complicate things.

yeah, the ql and the supplement were really good, as was the first playdate (the second one was a tad weaker than the rest but still great, obviously - same for until dawn pt. 03, imo)

top 10 QLs would be easier to coordinate, for sure

I thought it was great
even though people had been calling that shit for a year or two before it even came out

Honestly I think that made it even better. Kojima saying V wasn't the real 5, the fact that the writing on the wall has been in your face since the beginning, and that's exactly what happened. It wasn't some ass pull of 'Oh Ishmael was a hallucination!', and at the end it's a huge 'fuck you' to people who wanted to play Big Boss.

I loved it.

santeesioux

Honestly I think that made it even better. Kojima saying V wasn't the real 5, the fact that the writing on the wall has been in your face since the beginning, and that's exactly what happened. It wasn't some ass pull of 'Oh Ishmael was a hallucination!', and at the end it's a huge 'fuck you' to people who wanted to play Big Boss.

I loved it.

I loved it because
everyone thought he was a clone, but no, he's a fucking different guy entirely, just with a Big Boss plastic surgery face

I loved it because
everyone thought he was a clone, but no, he's a fucking different guy entirely, just with a Big Boss plastic surgery face

And it works with
the whole series, seeing as how each game has been trying to disassemble the legend of Big Boss, that he was just another soldier in the right circumstances, that ended up buying into his own legend which was his eventual downfall

santeesioux

And it works with
the whole series, seeing as how each game has been trying to disassemble the legend of Big Boss, that he was just another soldier in the right circumstances, that ended up buying into his own legend which was his eventual downfall

It also explains why
Snake doesn't have amazing S++ stats like Big Boss totally would :)

daydream

Banned
Christ we're only a few months away and I'll have consumed whatever a year's worth of Giant Bomb videos amounts to.

... I wonder how much data that is.

now try 'almost every single piece of content since the start of the site' (in my case, all podcasts except wrestling/alt+f1, all videos except most of daily dota and a few spookin' eps i got in my backlog)

someone should crunch the numbers on that

santeesioux

Even
Big Boss only had A++ stats in Peace Walker. Kojimas been trying to nail in that Big Boss was just a soldier in the right place at the right time.

I played that game on the ps3 with the hd collection and completely forgot that, not the most memorable game I guess, definitely the worst mgs game I've played.

Myggen

now try 'almost every single piece of content since the start of the site' (in my case, all podcasts except wrestling/alt+f1, all videos except most of daily dota and a few spookin' eps i got in my backlog)

someone should crunch the numbers on that

Yeah, same. It's probably a scary number.

The end reveal might be the only thing I liked about TPP.
It was nice that Kojima could give a final fuck you before leaving. It's good that Big Boss was made less special
. Shame the rest of the game couldn't be so entertaining.

And it works with

I mean
yeah I totally get what's cool about those implications. And I think it's fine! I just think the core idea (that the game was sold on!) of "this legendary hero descends into darkness and becomes a horrible hero would be a way more interesting story than a Kojima-go-fuck-yourself.

Myggen

I mean
yeah I totally get what's cool about those implications. And I think it's fine! I just think the core idea (that the game was sold on!) of "this legendary hero descends into darkness and becomes a horrible hero would be a way more interesting story than a Kojima-go-fuck-yourself.

People should know by now to not trust anything coming out from Kojima or Konami marketing pre release of a MGS game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom