• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.
People should know by now to not trust anything coming out from Kojima or Konami marketing pre release of a MGS game.

Yeah, I know, but I would much rather play through the story they sold than the story they delivered. I appreciate their sense of misdirection!

now try 'almost every single piece of content since the start of the site' (in my case, all podcasts except wrestling/alt+f1, all videos except most of daily dota and a few spookin' eps i got in my backlog)

someone should crunch the numbers on that

I've actually almost finished the entire Daily Dota backlog. Didn't expect it to be as interesting as it was. Brad/Crispy/Kessler/Pascaul are all pretty great together and there are some hilarious moments in there. Its super long though, so a good amount of it can make for great background video for when I'm doing homework or playing Destiny or something.

danm999

Jeff: Newcastle....Unlimited.

Danny: You're a Geordie?

Jeff: No I'm the Geordie. Seal off main engine engineering.

Fucking amazing.

TTIeTJT.gif

Jintor

I like to put a GB video in the background while I'm doing homework. Is that weird?

how can you concentrate tho?

Anything that requires higher brain functions gets really disrupted for me by anything with words... even songs with lyrics that I understand or that aren't just a couple of words sprinkled here and there become distracting...

I listen to podcasts while working everyday. There's something about people talking as background noise that keeps my mind from wondering. Same with falling asleep.

It seems the time the homepage says things will be available doesn't take into account daylight savings here. Or Solid Scanlon is much better at sneaking.

Anything that requires higher brain functions gets really disrupted for me by anything with words... even songs with lyrics that I understand or that aren't just a couple of words sprinkled here and there become distracting...

Its different for each person. Having something going on the in the background helps me concentrate more than complete silence, even if I'm not always paying attention to what's happening. Also, some nights I'm doing homework until 4 in the morning and feel like I'd go insane if I didn't have something to turn my attention for a little while like a Giant Bomb video.

Jintor

I only really listen to podcasts while playing games which are more mechanics based and not story, or while in transit, or drawing, or cooking/eating. Which is a fair amount of my time I guess. I guess whatever brain functions I'm using to do those aren't engaged with 'casts.

Same, but I need SOMETHING while I do work, so I've gotten real into IDM/Ambient music. I save podcasts and lyrical songs for when I'm doing art/illustrator design work, and Ambient music (preferably on vinyl) for programming, writing papers.

Joeku

Now is the time for GBeast to play through Life is Strange. Let them roll right through the last episode into GotY talks...

The true hero of 2015 is nigh. Fuck Venom, fuck Batman, fuck Blood Magic, fuck Geralt. It's all about Warren.

Fuck Warren.

Joeku

I really want them to revisit this game too. The first episode was super intriguing but I know I won't play it myself.

If you've caught the bug of the whole "intense emotional story" trend of the past few years a la Walking Dead and Last of Us and the bevy of "art games", it's really, really great. While the writing starts off cheesy, it quickly becomes endearing. I've played through each episode as they released with a friend of mine, and both she and I were in love with it partway into episode 2. It all walks a really fine line of heartwarmingly, not-quite-saccharine endearing and sci-fi plot fuckery.

It's so good.

Joeku

Peter Stor-mah-ree is the best character. Dude's a fucking series of polygons and he makes me shiver and laugh all at once.

Now is the time for GBeast to play through Life is Strange. Let them roll right through the last episode into GotY talks...

The true hero of 2015 is nigh. Fuck Venom, fuck Batman, fuck Blood Magic, fuck Geralt. It's all about Warren.

Fuck Warren.

I was just going to mention this, I want GBeast to play through that game VERY badly, don't think it'll happen tho.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Either way, Until Dawn got best performance on lock. Stormare or Malek blow these kideo game voice actors out of the water

Joeku

Either way, Until Dawn got best performance on lock. Stormare or Malek blow these kideo game voice actors out of the water

In Batman: Arkham Knight SPOILERS
Mark Hamill fucking killed it, and I went into that kind of tired of the Joker and the series in general. That was maybe the best iteration of the character ever.

Also Her Story. Don't want to get into it, but...damn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom