• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeku

I played the hour demo on PSN and was close to hooked on the gameplay alone. Peter Stormare is in it too?? I might have to pick this up.

Peter Stormare is in it playing the character of "Super Peter Stormare". He's fantastic. The whole game is a ton of fun, especially with drinks and friends. It chases that horror movie aesthetic well.

Anjin M

Peter Stormare is in it playing the character of "Super Peter Stormare". He's fantastic. The whole game is a ton of fun, especially with drinks and friends. It chases that horror movie aesthetic well.
I would love for Peter Stormare to win a GOTY category just for the video where everyone in the office has to pronounce his name at the same time. What a sh-- show that will be.

The only thing you could tell me that would entice me more would be if a) he cuts the main character's eyes out out or b) he's a milk drinking underground electrician. Sold. Assuming the gameplay holds up and the game is pretty solid overall?

justjim89

Drew goes into "Fuck it, let's kill everyone" mode waaaay too quickly. Shooting one round of an unsuppressed gun to kill a guy in reflex doesn't meant the whole stealth thing is fucked.

The last 7 minutes of this episode are some of the best. And people said that MGSV wouldn't work well with the Lets play nature of the game

Tzmhero

I'm just now realizing that from reading this post, a week after beating the game. I wouldnt have got any use out of it anyway since I pretty much used the same weapons in every mission.

I'm the same way really. I sat there, realized how to use load outs and just went '...well, I guess i'll make one for heavy stuff...' and haven't used it yet. I figure it's ore useful for calling in an entire loadout.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Loadouts unnecessary.

Every time I went to sortie it was just a simple questionnaire
Am I in Africa or Afghanistan? Wetworks or Tiger Stripe
Am I fighting tanks or heavy infantry? Switch from sniper to rocket launcher

Done. Not like I'm changing out of the tranq gun or Quiet ever

AcridMeat

Banned
If you've caught the bug of the whole "intense emotional story" trend of the past few years a la Walking Dead and Last of Us and the bevy of "art games", it's really, really great. While the writing starts off cheesy, it quickly becomes endearing. I've played through each episode as they released with a friend of mine, and both she and I were in love with it partway into episode 2. It all walks a really fine line of heartwarmingly, not-quite-saccharine endearing and sci-fi plot fuckery.

It's so good.
That sounds like a beloved 90's TV series. Again, I hope Vinny and co tackles it because that sounds fantastic.

i wonder if Dan is also unaware that you can drop individual weapons/items/camo/etc or also just drop any of your full loadouts from the missions tab

i didn't know about that part for a good while

danm999

Wonder how they're going to handle GOTY story stuff if Drew doesn't finish Metal Gear Scanlon V ending stuff in time.

That said he's already figured out the twist himself so maybe there isn't much problem.

Now is the time for GBeast to play through Life is Strange. Let them roll right through the last episode into GotY talks...

The true hero of 2015 is nigh. Fuck Venom, fuck Batman, fuck Blood Magic, fuck Geralt. It's all about Warren.

Fuck Warren.

Indeed.

Warren beat the shit out of Nathan and took a photo end of Episode 4 that I'm certain is going to save Max and Chloe. But still, fuck Warren.

So, the Jackbox Party Pack 2 is now complete. The fifth and final game they announced was Quiplash XL (not a surprise, as Fibbage XL was in the first pack). So the five games are Fibbage 2, Bomb Corp., Ear Wax, Bidiots, and Quiplash XL (plus DLC). The Jackbox Party Pack 2 releases on October 13th. So within the next few weeks, I suppose we should expect a Quick Look and a long UPF segment.

http://jackboxgames.com/project/jbpp2/

danm999

Warren will make you all feel ashamed of your words and deeds.

CDH1Jg6W0AAflvJ.png:large

V has come to.

Lelcar

I've played through all of what they have released of Life is Strange and I can confirm that Max is the only legit cool character in that game.

Someone give me a quick elevator pitch on Life is Strange. For whatever reason I got a real bad impression of that game from trailers but people seem to love it so I guess there is something cool there I am missing.

FluxWaveZ

Someone give me a quick elevator pitch on Life is Strange. For whatever reason I got a real bad impression of that game from trailers but people seem to love it so I guess there is something cool there I am missing.

It's Persona 4 but with time traveling instead of Personas and a TV world.

hamchan

It's like the Ashton Kutcher film The Butterfly Effect.

skynidas

Banned

it's shit. it's old people that tried to write a teen drama, and some weird people like it because it's "different"

I'm sure there's one or two teen dramas that an adult stole from a teen. The law of averages demands it.

LiS is made by the same devs that made Remember Me. My understanding is that they doubled down on Remember Me's best mechanic (the memory manipulation thing--see Example R) and made it the basis for the whole game. It's basically TellTale's adventure stuff + Remember Me + hella teenagers = Life is Strange

Example R:
Consider yourself sold.

kAmui-

Don't feel bad Dan... I'm 97 hours in and didn't know about the loadouts :| I mainly used only one loadout though so didn't have much problems with that but still.

Vantage Point isn't that bad.

danm999

Dan's reaction to realizing there are loadout options. Amazing. Maddest I've ever seen him.

Also will Drew ever take a shower? Ocelot's gonna come at him with a bucket soon.

tuxfool

Banned
Dan's reaction to realizing there are loadout options. Amazing. Maddest I've ever seen him.

Also will Drew ever take a shower? Ocelot's gonna come at him with a bucket soon.

Nah man. I'd very much like to watch Drew's reaction to the Quiet Shower.

The WTF gif worthiness of such a scene cannot be underestimated.

justjim89

Jesus fuck the ending of SOMA is heeeeeaaaaaavy. I really hope one of the guys beats it, because that's definitely one of the 10 best games of the year.

Now I just want to sit and think. Then wake up everyone in my family and tell them I love them.

FluxWaveZ

Dana is one of the coolest Life Is Strange characters, surprisingly to me. I thought they were going to go for the typical cheerleader stereotype with her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom