• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiyomi

How is MGScanlon V, relative to the other games, so far?

More enjoyable since the game is mechanically simpler and the open nature of it means Drew can kinda just futz around and it still ends up in him progressing. There's still some stuff that he does that gets grating because of Dan's inability to explain stuff, but Drew is getting a lot less frustrated and that makes it more palatable. It's not the way I'd play the game, but whatever. He's having fun.

Do wish he wouldn't stick to using the Sneaking Suit, though. Logically he must understand that he's going to be spotted if he's wearing a big black suit in the middle of the desert. :lol

How is MGScanlon V, relative to the other games, so far?

R6K1zvo.gif

danm999

Drew's right, Vantage Point isn't very good.

It's like someone decided to make Rashomon but let's make every perspective the same and edit it like the "Previously on" segments you see after commercials on reality TV.

Jesus fuck the ending of SOMA is heeeeeaaaaaavy. I really hope one of the guys beats it, because that's definitely one of the 10 best games of the year.

Now I just want to sit and think. Then wake up everyone in my family and tell them I love them.
The story was really surprising, one of the best of the year.
Fuck the Abyss section

Jesus fuck the ending of SOMA is heeeeeaaaaaavy. I really hope one of the guys beats it, because that's definitely one of the 10 best games of the year.

Now I just want to sit and think. Then wake up everyone in my family and tell them I love them.

The story was really surprising, one of the best of the year.
Fuck the Abyss section

I beat it last night. Soo good! Absolutely in my top 5 this year. Austin definitely needs to play it, he's the guy I would love to hear talk about SOMA.

Ending bits:
I wouldn't say I was particularly surprised by the (pre-credits) ending, but I don't think I was supposed to be. Like Catherine said, Simon should have fucking understood how it works by now. That didn't take away from the impact, though. Hearing Simon break down was really effective despite his voice acting being uneven throughout.

I beat it last night. Soo good! Absolutely in my top 5 this year. Austin definitely needs to play it, he's the guy I would love to hear talk about SOMA.

Ending bits:
I wouldn't say I was particularly surprised by the (pre-credits) ending, but I don't think I was supposed to be. Like Catherine said, Simon should have fucking understood how it works by now. That didn't take away from the impact, though. Hearing Simon break down was really effective despite his voice acting being uneven throughout.

Did you kill the WAU or spare it?

Did you kill the WAU or spare it?

Fist-fucked the shit out of that asshole! What happens if you don't?

It's kind of interesting how the "horror" plot (Wau, Alpha, creepy ghost man) and the sci-fi plot (Catherine, the space gun, etc) exist totally separate from one another. Neither affects the other, in the end.

You guys sold me on SOMA. I'm gonna get that.

Good decision!

Lijik

it's shit. it's old people that tried to write a teen drama, and some weird people like it because it's "different"

i love when half of a "i hate this" post is dedicated to stoplikingwhatidontlike.jpg for no reason lmfao
no need to be bitter chum

Fist-fucked the shit out of that asshole! What happens if you don't?

It's kind of interesting how the "horror" plot (Wau, Alpha, creepy ghost man) and the sci-fi plot (Catherine, the space gun, etc) exist totally separate from one another. Neither affects the other, in the end.
Not much changes. The WAU is obviously still alive and you keep your arm, but events still proceed as normal. It's just there to allow the player to make their own choice based on if they think the WAU should be killed for the decision it made.

You guys sold me on SOMA. I'm gonna get that.

It's really good, I didn't expect to enjoy it as much as I did.

yeah, nope, No Man's Sky still looks like magic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqeN6hj4dZU

Between this and Elite: Dangerous's upcoming planetary landings expansion, I may put a lot of games I plan on playing on hold for months. I have an uncontrollable urge to do everything in my power to increase the immersion in these space flight games. I have a HOTAS and TrackIR but by the time No Man Sky launches I hope to have some sort of VR headset as well. I just want to be a spaceman.

Between this and Elite: Dangerous's upcoming planetary landings expansion, I may put a lot of games I plan on playing on hold for months. I have an uncontrollable urge to do everything in my power to increase the immersion in these space flight games. I have a HOTAS and TrackIR but by the time No Man Sky launches I hope to have some sort of VR headset as well. I just want to be a spaceman.

It's great that a HOTAS is now a viable purchase with No Man's Sky, Elite, and Star Citizen. I can't wait to get one myself.

Oh yeah, I also bought Voice Attack so I could use voice commands as well. I needed the ability to say "Engage" to activate my frameshift drive. It was very important for the quality of the experience.

Myggen

I'm trying to convince Anjin M to make the next OT, but in the meantime I need some title suggestions for the Giant Bomb #17 thread.

My mindset while playing is that Big Boss doesn't have time to waste for that crap, so it's ASAP all the time.

yup. plus, enemies start adapting to your style of play so there will be more soldiers with NVG and flashlights if you're always going in at night. To keep them on their toes, i just go whenever so they never know what's coming.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
I wish you could get a holo or reflex sight for all pistols.

Love watching Drew play MGSV, his approach to the game is so different from mine. Kicking that one dude on the ground was just straight up nasty!

Giant Bomb #17 | Stranger Dan Fiction
Giant Bomb #17 | Leaving on a Jeff Plane
Giant Bomb #17 | A Brad's Tale
Giant Bomb #17 | One Drew Over The Cuckoo's Next
Giant Bomb #17 | Too Much,Too Austin
Giant Bomb #17 | Vinny, Vidi, Vici
Giant Bomb #17 | Living Next Door To Alex

Heimbeck

Banned
I'm trying to convince Anjin M to make the next OT, but in the meantime I need some title suggestions for the Giant Bomb #17 thread.

Giant Bomb #17 | Back and to the Left
Giant Bomb #17 | Monkey Chicken Football Manager
Giant Bomb #17 | Please Slam By
Giant Bomb #17 | She Had A Bad Life
Giant Bomb #17 | Fuck It Hard and Fast
Giant Bomb #17 | A-ha! Is This Our Dance?
Giant Bomb #17 | Guys, are we the "weird GB fans"?
Giant Bomb #17 | Fly Away Lil Wayne!
Giant Bomb #17 | Let Weezy Rapture
Giant Bomb #17 | Just a space station of Lil Waynes
Giant Bomb #17 | I ☁ Email Marketing
Giant Bomb #17 | Do it (defecate)
Giant Bomb #17 | Fuck All Video Games Forever
Giant Bomb #17 | A Public Good
Giant Bomb #17 | 400 Pages, All Sex
Giant Bomb #17 | We ♥ Email Marketing
Giant Bomb #17 | Forever Spiders
Giant Bomb #17 | Shoot Harder
Metal Gear Solid #17 | With occasional discussion of Giant Bomb
Giant Bomb #17 | All the Beard Hair is Real Pubey
OT #17 | How did it taste. Huh?
Giant Bomb #17 | This is like the Boobah Zone, except on Sega CD
Giant Bomb #17 | Four Seconds of Dong
Giant Bomb 17 | Understand the palm of my hand, BITCH
Giant Bomb #17 | UUUUUURGGH WHAT WHAT
Giant Bomb #17 | We bought this mountain for fucking
Giant Bomb #17 | 420 9/11
Giant Bomb #17 | T-shirts and Jeans Forever
Giant Bomb #17: An oil rig full of assholes.
OT 17 | You just got Monk'd
Giant Bomb #17 | That Was a Butt Kill
Giant Bomb #17 | You Just Mongo'd Your Fucking Horse
Giant Bomb #17 | Just pull a fucking rope and something dumb happens.
Giant Bomb 17 | Get a Rope
Giant Bomb #17 | This is a Shit Factory
Giant Bomb #17 | Did They Take Out DMX Goomba? That is Unacceptable.
Giant Bomb #17 | Just Good Enough To Be Fucking Boring
Giant Bomb #17 | We're just gonna do stuff.
Giant Bomb #17 | Kayfabe Wrestletalk
Giant Bomb #17 | Cows are everything, let's go steal a cow!
Giant Bomb 17 | Smokin' on that Stop Sign
Giant Bomb #17 | Anime and sex
Giant Bomb #17 | Show Her Your Small Dick
Giant Bomb #17 | The Guy Whose Dick Broke His Leg
Giant Bomb #17 | Remember That D
Giant Bomb #17 | PLEASE HELP ME, I'M DYING
Giant Bomb #17| Arse End of Caravella

Quentyn

So how important is interrogating guys? The completionist in me is a bit bothered that Drew barely does it at all. I think I would interrogate and fulton everyone, just for the off chance of getting something useful sometimes.

Giant Bomb #17 | I ☁ Email Marketing

These are the choices.

That gets my vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom