• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
Except Paz, who is supposed to be a teenager but he spends the entire game sexualizing. Then he does the weak-ass twist that "Wait! She's actually an adult so it's ok to want to fuck her!"

That's abysmal writing. I love MGS, I love Kojima's work, but he's a fucking hack in so many respects. Especially in dealing with women.

Snake fucks her in a cardboard box

Although he does the same to Kaz so I don't know

jaina

I'm a bit bummed that part of the Until Dawn QL is the towel walk which has been demoed for months. But I already got enough impressions from Mary's stream, so no biggie.
I was impressed, back when they showed that off last year the framerate sucked balls. I'm glad they managed to refine it.
I guess that's the upside. And it also shows the mechanics well.

I'm a bit bummed that part of the Until Dawn QL is the towel walk which has been demoed for months. But I already got enough impressions from Mary's stream, so no biggie.

I was impressed, back when they showed that off last year the framerate sucked balls. I'm glad they managed to refine it.

hahah damn the second half of that trailer is maybe the most anime MGS has ever been?
It's up certainly up there and Kojima wasn't kidding when he said he liked Pacific Rim.

It also solidifies that Otacon is worthless as he was only able to create REX after some ZOE shit already exists.

I was listening to the Beastcast and they said something about their PAX schedule and mentioned that Seattle time is the same as Pacific time, and I only just realized that Seattle is on the west coast. For some reason I always thought it was somewhere around the middle parts of the country.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
It's up certainly up there and Kojima wasn't kidding when he said he liked Pacific Rim.

It also solidifies that Otacon is worthless as he was only able to create REX after some ZOE shit already exists.

The twist will be that baby Otacon made that

I am scared that I may be right

Otacon is the most useless character
(Spoilers for MGS1-4)

I mentioned it in another thread, but Otacon sucks at making things.(Spoilers for MGS1, 2, 4.)

We can assume Otacon built MG Rex through some blueprints from the MGS3 scientist that his dad probably left him
Emma helped Otacon with the tip about Metal Gear Ray
The virus for Arsenal Gear was Emma's
The MK2 from MGS4 was built with assistance from Sunny
Sunny is the one who creates the 'FOXALIVE' with Naomi

Otacon has literally done nothing by himself. Metal Gear Rex being weaksauce compared to previous MG's and future MG's makes sense

DamnBoxes

Check it out guys: Metal Gear doesn't have any good characters.

I realize that's not really what you're talking about.

1355604427720_cryluli.gif

The twist will be that baby Otacon made that

I am scared that I may be right

This had also crossed my mind, it's a believable outcome at this point.

Otacon is the most useless character
New MGSV Trailer spoilers below
But the one thing he had going for him after MGS 1-4 was that he built Rex, even if he was using blueprints that's still kind of rad. Now MGSV is saying that there were basically Orbital Frames running around and thus the one ok thing that Otacon had is now actually as lame as everything else relating to him.

This had also crossed my mind, it's a believable outcome at this point.

New MGSV Trailer spoilers below
But the one thing he had going for him after MGS 1-4 was that he built Rex, even if he was using blueprints that's still kind of rad. Now MGSV is saying that there were basically Orbital Frames running around and thus the one ok thing that Otacon had is now actually as lame as everything else relating to him.

Well I mean, he gets prop for stick a Rail Gun on a Metal Gear. And Rex itself is actually sturdy as fuck, surviving tons of rockets and a fight with a Metal Gear 'Killer'. But then he has to go anime and give it a character flaw with a weak point.

didn't otacon make the cloaking suit or did he steal that too?

He did, actually.

dude made the metal gear mk II, so he is one of the more important characters
in another game

Let's not kid ourselves, Sunny was probably the leading developer on the MKII. Otacon probably just stuck the cable on it, and programmed the PS3 controller with it

Considering the crazy future tech we've seen in GZ and PP I'd be surprised if something similar isn't in PP.

(Gameplay frome Gamescom gameplay trailer regarding stealth)
In one of the Gamescom gameplay playthroughs, they showed a primitive version of Stealth Camo. It lasts only 30 seconds, is a disposable, and it reduces your rank at the end.

Otacon made some Stealth camo though... that helped snake a bunch in that one cutscene where he jumped off a bridge.

And he piloted a chopper and saved some people near the end of MGS2 after his sister got vamped I guess. Thats something. Otacon did a thing.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
Otacon made some Stealth camo though... that helped snake a bunch in that one cutscene where he jumped off a bridge.

And he piloted a chopper and saved some people near the end of MGS2 after his sister got vamped I guess. Thats something. Otacon did a thing.

That was a simulation. In the simulation he even cries lol

Not to mention the incest

He also fucked his mother in law and caused his dad to commit suicide and try to drown Emma with him.

For all the good he's done, that like just nullifies all of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom