• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DamnBoxes

Speaking of Metal Gear.

I got a new Job (YAY)

It starts on September 1th aka MGS V day (Boo!)

505563f3a9a30cfdd076cf4ebeb960db.jpg

Brad and them liked it then? Haven't watched it but I did just buy it at best buy. Got to support games I find interesting and not rent them :p

Until Dawn is another one of those games that I'd like to see more of, but don't really want to play myself. Am I part of the problem? Which problem specifically, I don't know.

Until Dawn is another one of those games that I'd like to see more of, but don't really want to play myself. Am I part of the problem? Which problem specifically, I don't know.

I want to play it but i don't want to pay more than $15 for it.

It was the same feeling I had for Beyond: Two Souls, where I like the idea of these adventure games but I can't stomach paying more than $15-20 for an adventure game. So, I just wait it out. And now, one day i'll play B:TS on the PS4 and feel like i won, i won

It was the same feeling I have for Beyond: Two Souls, where I like the idea of these adventure games but I can't stomach paying more than $15-20 for an adventure game. So, I just wait it out. And now, one day i'll play B:TS on the PS4 and feel like i won, i won

Yeah, I think that's what it is. These sort of quick time-driven adventure games might as well be videos to begin with, I'm sure as hell not going to pay full price for them.

SOMA comes out next month, and it's launching at $30. I'll bet I enjoy that game a helluva lot more than Beyond Two Souls or Until Dawn.

Beyond has a lot of interactivity, you navigate alden around a 3D space and the chase sequences are just as interactive as what you'd find in Uncharted.

Dizzy-4U

Hey guys, I think I remember Vinny talking very recently about a website that allows team chat with microphone. Does anyone remember the name?

It was the same feeling I have for Beyond: Two Souls, where I like the idea of these adventure games but I can't stomach paying more than $15-20 for an adventure game. So, I just wait it out. And now, one day i'll play B:TS on the PS4 and feel like i won, i won

That Beyond Two Souls' PS4 port. I heard in 2013 it's happening, in 2014 I heard it was happening soon, and again in this year I heard it's happening in a bundle with Heavy Rain. Beyond's PS3 demo intrigued me enough to pay attention, maybe not enough. I'll play it when it happens.

Speaking of this sort, anybody from Giantbomb keeping up with Life is Strange? Shame if it's absent from the best moments or sequence discussion.

Myggen

Until Dawn looks neat. I very rarely replay games, so a game like that isn't worth more than $30-40 to me, but I'll probably buy it when it gets a bit cheaper. It looks like dumb fun.

As someone who thinks Heavy Rain is decent, even with all its problems, Beyond 2 Souls is actually terrible.

If you actually want a good mystery adventure game with weird sci-fi powers, Life is Strange is actually great and is only 20 dollars on PS4, Xbone and Steam. The first four chapters are out, and hopefully the last chapter isn't too far away

Myggen

As someone who thinks Heavy Rain is decent, even with all its problems, Beyond 2 Souls is actually terrible.

If you actually want a good mystery adventure game with weird sci-fi powers, Life is Strange is actually great and is only 20 dollars on PS4, Xbone and Steam. The first four chapters are out, and hopefully the last chapter isn't too far away

The whole Indian family thing in Beyond: Two Souls is Cage at his most clueless. David Cage's games almost crosses the "so bad it's good" line for me, but in the end I end up hating Cage's storytelling with a burning passion. Until Dawn seems the right kind of self-aware for a dumb slasher horror story.

I really need to play Life is Strange.

The whole Indian family thing in Beyond: Two Souls is Cage at his most clueless. David Cage's games almost crosses the "so bad it's good" line for me, but in the end I end up hating Cage's storytelling with a burning passion. Until Dawn seems the right kind of self-aware for a dumb slasher horror story.

I really need to play Life is Strange.

You can definitely argue that Indigo Prophecy falls into the "so bad its good" category, but Beyond takes itself too seriously and is just way too offensive for me to even consistently laugh at. Especially with how creepy that game gets, and almost could have gotten if Cage had his way at points based on dialogue that was recorded.

And yes you do. First chapter or two have some pretty cringe dialogue (hella, awesomesauce, kek, etc.) but it gets much better as it goes in writing, story and dialogue. And the puzzles are really cool as well.

TraBuch

Banned
Ugh, Mary's doing that Klepek thing and watching chat just as much as she's paying attention to the game. I dunno why, but it's always bugged me.

Myggen

Hopefully the chat was civil, I can definitely see some people really creeping it up in an unmoderated Twitch chat with Mary playing a game :(

Xater

Yeah, I think that's what it is. These sort of quick time-driven adventure games might as well be videos to begin with, I'm sure as hell not going to pay full price for them.

SOMA comes out next month, and it's launching at $30. I'll bet I enjoy that game a helluva lot more than Beyond Two Souls or Until Dawn.

I feel the same. They are barely even games. They just feel like better executions of what the 90s multimedia craze was about. I like horror films, at the price of a Blu-Ray I will give it a shot.

Personally ?I am also way more excited for Soma. I expect that to be great.

Alt+F1 and the Power Bombcast are the only pieces of GB content I don't partake in. I tried the latest Power Bombcast, but there's just nothing in it for me. I'll give Alt+F1 a go at some point.

I feel the same. They are barely even games. They just feel like better executions of what the 90s multimedia craze was about. I like horror films, at the price of a Blu-Ray I will give it a shot.

Personally ?I am also way more excited for Soma. I expect that to be great.

It has been so long since Amnesia, I'm really excited to play through another one of those. I don't expect it to redefine the genre or anything, but I do hope it has more varied environments than The Dark Descent did.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member

Not really, I think that's perfectly valid and am sort of in the same boat. Maybe you'll watch a stream or youtube of it, who cares? You probably wouldn't have bought the game anyway even if you couldn't. I don't think it's a problem at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom