• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bacon

2022215-4dn4ihh.jpg

The more things change

Brashnir

Didn't take long. Jeff already being called out as "lazy" in the Gears review thread lol

My favorite part is where he took umbrage with a out-of-context line of the review, and then his criticism of it went on to say some of the exact same things that were in the actual review.

Xater

I assume the Beast sports team will handle the Madden QL. Looking forward to that. Also looking forward to some FIFA and PES coverage from Austin.

Why was the TP score such a big deal back then? Was it being a Wii launch game a factor? No one really gave a shit when GS gave Skyward Sword a 7.5. I mean, I'm sure someone gave a hit but it isn't notorious.

Bacon

Why was the TP score such a big deal back then? Was it being a Wii launch game a factor? No one really gave a shit when GS gave Skyward Sword a 7.5. I mean, I'm sure someone gave a hit but it isn't notorious.

Because it was for a game that was the "true" sequel to OOT instead of that babby WW shit

Myggen

It being a launch game for the Wii was part of it for sure, but people were so hyped for TP. It being a "realistic" Zelda game. Remember people crying during the E3 trailer? Yeah, that was the kind of hype behind that game. So when Gamespot was the first site to give it a score below 9, even if it was 0.2 points below, people just lost their shit. The reaction probably made it the most infamous game review of all time.

If he'd given it a 9, the reaction wouldn't have been close to what it was. So people basically freaked out about 0.2 points.

I'm not sure why people didn't react as angrily to the 7.5 review, but the timing of the TP review (it being the first review below 9) and the absolutely insane hype behind the game would be my guess for the main differences.

I just realized that Jeff is going to like MGSVs story quite a biy. He said it sounds neat on jeff.zone...and I know details about the story that lines up with Jeffs likes.

FStop7

Banned
2006 "official petition to gamespot for a re-review of Twilight Princess"

2014 "official petition to giant bomb for a re-review of Driveclub"

Volotaire

I remember my 12 year old around self hyped about TP. I was first immersed into Zelda two years before TP's release with the Zelda Collector's Edition for NGC (OoT, MM, Zelda 1, Zelda 2, WW demo). That is, and was, a great collection.

The first TP trailer is still incredible. A shame the game's premise was revised a lot.

There a Bombcast today?

Indeed.

You never know with him. He said he wanted a full-blown crazy Kojima storyline recently.

I'm not going to say much with what I know of MGSV. So. Take that as what you will. If you don't care about spoilers you can PM, but I think it'll fall right in Jeffs alley.

justjim89

I'm just getting to the good stuff in the CKII video. Man, that game goes places. Almost makes me wanna play it.

Vinny's conspirator voice is great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom