• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
yes.

but seriously, that movie is some next-level dumbass z-grade action movie schlock

best watched at like 3am when you haven't slept in two days

OH MY GOD. I've never seen this before. I need to see this. It's an American anime adaptation made in the 90s? OF COURSE MALCOLM MCDOWELL IS IN THIS.

I need this in my life. This is my MGS5.

edit: I don't know anything about the source material beyond he's that guy what says you are already dead and that Genesis game looked like ass but this movie looks to be a more accurate adaptation than Dragonball Evolution, and looks more entertaining. That's my review of this trailer. I'm going to go find this movie now.

Haunted

yes.

but seriously, that movie is some next-level dumbass z-grade action movie schlock

best watched at like 3am when you haven't slept in two days
Don't you dare go around dissing B-movie legend Gary Daniels now.

719R5HPAYQL.gif

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I appreciate that they're following proper handgun safety and not pointing a gun at anybody regardless of whether it's loaded, but couldn't they have poked the camera with a stick or something? Bloodmoon there is making me paranoid that a ninja is about to attack me from behind, and if I close this window he won't be around to shoot the ninja.

Dragon

Banned
38 (and unless he hasn't already had his birthday, he was born in 1977). He said when he was 16 he got his 13 year old girlfriend pregnant.

So that means: Jeff (1975), Jason (1977), Vinny (1978), both Brad and Matt (Rorie) (1979), Alex (1981), Dan (1984), Drew (1986).

Austin is the only mystery (I'll guess somewhere between Alex and Drew, skewing closer to Drew than Alex).

Jesus Christ. And I was worried when I almost got a 28 year old woman pregnant :/. That's crazy.

Jintor

It was also the mid eighties so like whatever

No point freaking out about it now and I'm sure Jason has probably done all the freaking out about it necessary at this point

Lunar FC

I just thought Jason was about to have his first kid coming up. So when you find out that he has one the same age as me it was a shock.

My freak out is complete.

Gears of War MP looks like poop.
It's as clunky as ever. Never been any good at it and, as Jeff states, the savages from previous gears games are already online stomping the shit out of people. Needs some sort of trueskill ranks or some shit, this isn't fun when your team can't kill anyone but some dude has 13 kills on the other end

Jeff's take on Gears Ultimate both in the QL and written review are interesting to me, especially as someone who has never played a Gears of War game before. My friend has the same opinion as him. It's kinda sad how the Gears Ultimate is hitting people with a reality check on how dated the game is.

As someone who's never played a Gears game, the fact that Gears Ultimate is also technically coming with ALL of the Gears games (in November at least) was a huge selling point for me. Even if I don't like Gears 1, I'm still gonna have access to the newer (better?) games later in the year.

As someone who's never played a Gears game, the fact that Gears Ultimate is also technically coming with ALL of the Gears games (in November at least) was a huge selling point for me. Even if I don't like Gears 1, I'm still gonna have access to the newer (better?) games later in the year.

Yeah that part is appealing to me, even though I've played the subsequent games. Gears of War 2 and 3 are both fantastic games with 3, for me, being the highlight for sure. 3's horde mode alone is one of the better modes and experiences for me of last generation.

If you can play 3's horde mode (and even the campaign too) with a few friends, you are in for a treat.

I love a good surprise.

I knew they did a late podcast! Probably because they might be wrapping up the Pax details/packing stuff.

That means they saw the new trailer! Brett will talk about spoilers! Brad can't remember anything because he blocked out everything!

Ahhhhhhh

Jintor

I know we kid about anime a lot but I would genuinely listen to an anime podcast from the fine folks at giant bomb dot com

I stand behind my desire to have Dan locked in a room with a box set of Evangelion.

Edit: someone from the site should also watch yu-yu hakusho through the dark tournament arc, but I'm not sure who would appreciate it most.

I didn't even bother watching past that because it's all I ever remember watching on toonami.

I'm doing my 3rd rewatch since the blu-rays came out right now. Just got to the group of fighters before Team Toguro last night. You should watch the rest of the series, it stays pretty damn good throughout.

I'm doing my 3rd rewatch since the blu-rays came right now. Just got to the group of fighters before Team Toguro last night. You should watch the rest of the series, it stays pretty damn good throughout.

I just like the dark tournament so much that I feel like the power creep in the rest of the series will ruin it for me.

yusuke vs chu is one of my favorite things

I stand behind my desire to have Dan locked in a room with a box set of Evangelion.

Edit: someone from the site should also watch yu-yu hakusho through the dark tournament arc, but I'm not sure who would appreciate it most.

So I haven't really watched The Animes in any meaningful capacity before and I think I'm gonna give Cowboy Bebop a shot but I could be convinced to try Evangelion if it's any good for a non-anime-fella.

So I haven't really watched The Animes in any meaningful capacity before and I think I'm gonna give Cowboy Bebop a shot but I could be convinced to try Evangelion if it's any good for a non-anime-fella.

you know how in metal gear solid 4 everything gets really fucking crazy, like crazier than the rest of the series? and you're kind of left scratching your head and wondering what the hell is going on?

that's what evangelion is like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom