• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did someone mention Yu Yu Hakusho? One of the best, if not THE best Manga-Anime transitions with undoubtedly a better ending than the manga version.

It's so damn good. I highly highly highly recommend. So damn good. The pacing is grea

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Second best arc is megumi's first piano competition in nodame cantabile.

Third best is takemoto's bike journey in honey and clover.

I stand behind my desire to have Dan locked in a room with a box set of Evangelion.

Edit: someone from the site should also watch yu-yu hakusho through the dark tournament arc, but I'm not sure who would appreciate it most.

Last year I basically had to lock myself in my room to even bother pressing play on the Evangelion movies. God that was a bad fucking idea. That franchise is the best and the absolute fucking worst at all times somehow. Look at this non-sense: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tummvAZlkLw

Also Gintama is the only Shounen Jump series that matters.

I've seen like 2 episodes of yu yu hakisho

one episode where he's like a ghost or something and he possesses some girl and chases someone then at some point he fights something in the sky i think?

the other i remember was in a cave or a dark place. i think something was fought.

I'm an anime expert.

I just want a feature where Vinny summarizes anime plots for me.

I've seen like 2 episodes of yu yu hakisho

one episode where he's like a ghost or something and he possesses some girl and chases someone then at some point he fights something in the sky i think?

the other i remember was in a cave or a dark place. i think something was fought.

I'm an anime expert.

I just want a feature where Vinny summarizes anime plots for me.

yeah it starts really really slow

but boy that dark tournament is somethin

daydream

Banned
scientifically determined ranking of anime:

detective conan > ranma 1/2 > digimon > ojamajo doremi > dragon ball > shinchan

this is definitely not limited to the stuff i watched in the '90s, nope

daydream

Banned
i feel like shin-chan was way too low-concept for a kid watching it at the time

like, it was entertaining on a basic level but also, in a higher sense, completely incomprehensible

Lunar FC

Id say on about 98% of Bombcasts/Beastcasts there is somebody who sends in an email that has the same name as a current or former GiantBomb personality.

Lets see if this week keeps up the trend.

Frenden

Banned
I've subbed to premium ever since the GFW podcast dissolved. I wish there was a multi-year package with a little discount. I'd sign up for five.

god damn, that streets of rage bombcast OP was incredible

tracksuitcity9pzqw.gif

santeesioux

I would totally listen to an anime podcast or maybe some sort of audio commentary of a show like they did with Red October only with Dan watching Evangelion or School Days for the first time or something.

god damn, I don't know if I'm more excited for Super Mario Maker or Metal Gear Solid V

this is going to be the best September 11th ever

I've only played a little bit but...Guys, black ops 3 is...it's good. it's fun! it's good! like, way way better than advanced warfare!

i always think im out but then I get pulled back in!

Treyarch, baby

I've only played a little bit but...Guys, black ops 3 is...it's good. it's fun! it's good! like, way way better than advanced warfare!

i always think im out but then I get pulled back in!

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I've mentioned it in the bombcast thread, but anyone mind if I take a shot at the next bombcast thread?

I've got... Ideas...

COD4 was pretty much the only one I played. Gave MW2 a chance, but I was burned out hard and moved on to other things like Halo and Gears of War.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom