• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is still not well known? Has been around for so long. They even talked about adding stuff from other old games like Blackthorne or Rock'n Roll Racing.

I'd give Blizzard 10€ to play as a dude who shoots a shotgun behind his back.

The HOTS QL was great, loved seeing Dan try and get better at the game, asking about what he should do etc.

Anjin M

As a service to the community, I just poked my head in the MGS V Spoiler thread
(also because I don't give an eff)
. If you want to avoid any spoilers, DO NOT GO IN THAT THREAD. It is straight up crazy town in there.

Wasn't sure about Alex's enthusiastic endorsement of the Beastcast this week, the Fig stuff wasn't great. But man, this diner chat is great. Diners really are a magical place.

Myggen

Wasn't sure about Alex's enthusiastic endorsement of the Beastcast this week, the Fig stuff wasn't great. But man, this diner chat is great. Diners really are a magical place.

Last 15 or so minutes are great too.

I think I'll just stay in this thread as a bunker for the next week.

You could always use what tchocky just posted to block threads with a lot of the more common words ("Metal Gear", "MGSV", "Big Boss" etc. etc.). You should be relatively safe if you do.

Fox318

As a service to the community, I just poked my head in the MGS V Spoiler thread
(also because I don't give an eff)
. If you want to avoid any spoilers, DO NOT GO IN THAT THREAD. It is straight up crazy town in there.

Only way to fight mgs spoilers is to create fake ones.

Like I heard in the 2nd act Dan Rykert kills snake and replaces him for the rest of the game.

daydream

Banned
i can't believe fridge-kun landed the gig as cryogenic metal gear, though i do wonder what this means for his impartiality when covering the game for the site

DamnBoxes

Only way to fight mgs spoilers is to create fake ones.

Like I heard in the 2nd act Dan Rykert kills snake and replaces him for the rest of the game.

Also we find out that Kaz is actually Comrade Scanlonski.

Damnit that's not fake. I am bad at this game.

hamchan

Snake is blonde, Drew is blonde. It's only at the end of this one year Metal Gear Scanlon run that Drew realises he's actually been the real life Snake all along.

Snake is blonde, Drew is blonde. It's only at the end of this one year Metal Gear Scanlon run that Drew realises he's actually been the real life Snake all along.

Does that mean he's going to die his hair brown and cut it to avoid looking like Fake Drew?

DamnBoxes

Can't wait for the scene in MGSV where we see little Solid Snake for the first time -- still voiced by David Hayter -- downing a whole bag of Red Vines.

Sucks that I can't watch the trailer thing before I finish MGSV, I want to go in as fresh as possible.

MGScanlon has been great. I think it would be cool for it to be reversed now, Dan plays a series of Drew's choice. Not flight sims though, because that needs Vinny or Dave.

Tubobutts

Sucks that I can't watch the trailer thing before I finish MGSV, I want to go in as fresh as possible.

MGScanlon has been great. I think it would be cool for it to be reversed now, Dan plays a series of Drew's choice. Not flight sims though, because that needs Vinny or Dave.

On Alt F1 they mentioned the prospect of teaching Dan about Formula 1.

That's the problem with MGS spoilers, even the most absurd fake shit you could make up would still be believable as something Kojima would write.

I'm not going to say anything even remotely specific about spoilers and I'll shut up at this point, I got my fill but don't want to ruin it for others.

I will say that as a number of you are avoiding spoilers then you're going to want to lock that bunker tight. Full story info is slowly leaking out and I would be surprised if it's not all out there by the end of the weekend.

here's the one thing I need to know because i would love to see if the carnival of stupid got it right: MGSV POSSIBLE SPOILER PLEASE ONLY ANSWER YES OR NO
chico is quiet: yes or no

I'll shoot you a pm just to keep that stuff out of here.

If the new Powerbombcast doesn't make it here before Summer Slam

brock.gif

I wonder if Drew played any of the side missions in Ground Zeroes. The only other one I remember completing (I beat other ones, but can only remember just one) was the one where
you needed to locate a particular Marine on the base that is willing to spill secrets or something
. I really liked that mission.

There are some major spoilers going around. Like...I hope they stay contained in its proper thread but be careful.
I fully expect that they won't.

Tip to anyone watching GB live streams for the next 10 days: don't bother with GB chat and especially not Twitch chat.

Better yet, don't bother with either chat until the end of time.

hamchan

Let's talk about wrestling because MGS talk starts scaring me when black bars get involved.

How great is that Kevin Owens basically telling the Full Sail crowd to piss off?

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member

Tip to anyone watching GB live streams for the next 10 days: don't bother with GB chat and especially not Twitch chat.

I was confused because it sounded like you were bothering with those chats before, but the ending of the post cleared it all up.

Anjin M

That is some FPS; hobby-grade coop campaign; genre-blended, multi-mode competitive e-sports; meta-growth, choice + epic stream watching advice. Chat is the worst.

Damn that sounds awesome. Wanted to sub back to WWE Network, but money's getting pretty tight between a new semester of college and the new games coming out.

Gotta start paying back student loans after I graduate next year. :(

Fox318

Damn that sounds awesome. Wanted to sub back to WWE Network, but money's getting pretty tight between a new semester of college and the new games coming out.

Gotta start paying back student loans after I graduate next year. :(

Sell a kidney.

I've sold all 3 of mine to get through school.

in non-metal gear news, I've seen young jeffrey playing the Gears 1 remake for a couple of days already. Wonder when we'll get more info regarding that release given that it comes out next tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom