• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myggen

Boooooo. Fucking review events. From what Jeff has said reviewers don't get to play a copy of the game themselves outside of the review event before the embargo is up, which is a criteria GB has for going to these kind of things. If we're ever gonna talk about ethics in games journalism without all the extra baggage, that reviewers agree to such terms is a good place to start.

Myggen

Yeah. That's where Greg Miller has been all week. I hope Giant Bomb does a Quick Look before the review. I want to see Dan and Drew do it.

I'm sure they'll do a QL a day or two after they get the game, which will probably be a couple of days after release.

edit: Chat is up, I won't be able to watch it live :(

Anjin M

It's an incest simulator.

LN4iiIb.gif

edit://
Grand Strategy games don't really make for great livestreams. We'll need Vinny to be Vinny.

CK2 seems like a very Vinny game.

Brashnir

i have no idea what crusader kings is, all i know about it is those screencaps of the game's steam forum.

It's a nobility lineage simulator set in the middle ages. You play as the head of a noble family, marrying off children, acquiring allies, and going to war. You can play anything from an emperor to some random count, and try to hold or grow your family's influence. When you die, you play as your heir, and on down the line.

It's like Game of Thrones in videogame form without undead and dragons and shit.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I don't get what is different about the way they stream the pre-show song, but I can always watch that fine and almost never the actual content on livestreams from work. Gives me a false sense of optimism.

It's an incest simulator.

It's a nobility lineage simulator set in the middle ages. You play as the head of a noble family, marrying off children, acquiring allies, and going to war. You can play anything from an emperor to some random count, and try to hold or grow your family's influence. When you die, you play as your heir, and on down the line.

It's like Game of Thrones in videogame form without undead and dragons and shit.

that could be interesting depending on how interactive it is i guess.

I'm totally going to play the Song of Ice and Fire mod. I know it might be limited in comparison to the vanilla game, but I just won't give a shit otherwise.

styl3s

I'm totally going to play the Song of Ice and Fire mod. I know it might be limited in comparison to the vanilla game, but I just won't give a shit otherwise.
So you telling me i can play a risk'esq game but in that world? I think i might have to buy this game.

An incredibly complex version of Risk.
I'm sure it is i just mean in terms of the board and taking over etc.

I'm sure it has a bunch of non-risk things in it but i get risk vibes which makes me want it.

styl3s

Heck yeah! Dorne is going to take over the Seven Kingdoms!
Fuck i wish this game wasn't $40 right now on steam i really wanna check it out.

Gonna add it to my wishlist until i can find it around 20ish and i am writing down this mod because i need to play this mod.

oh man they really lay into Dan in the latest 8-4 play.

did you know that massive metal gear fan Dan Ryckert used to refer to Otacon as Oh-tacon? haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom