• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myggen

Haha, I love that they have "Ryckert Real Talk" as one of the topics on that 8-4 podcast. It's all in good fun though, Tim Turi and Ben Hanson is on, and they're two of Dan's best friends from GI. It begins about 2:23 into the podcast.

Myggen

no, they just cover the basics: he's an oddball with his quirks and won't eat fresh raspberries.

it was just funny to hear some dudes in japan recording a podcast in another continent and yet his legend knows no boundaries.

Well, two of those are his former colleagues from GI, and Mark listens to every Bombcast so he gets his fair share of Dan from there :p I never knew that Mark helped Dan get that Ribera jacket.

I knew I would like Crusader Kings once I got my head around it. This sounds fucking awesome.

[EDIT] They attacked your tax collector? BURN IT TO THE GROUND.

strafer

My favorite moment

vHKTvf5.gif

Fox318

Here's a question, where the hell is the Powerbombcast and why am I not listening to it right now?

Dan canceled the podcast 20 minutes in as it was just Jeff talking to himself on how wrestling is trash and the people who watch it should be ashamed of themselves.

For an optimist like Dan it was just to much.

Haha, I love that they have "Ryckert Real Talk" as one of the topics on that 8-4 podcast. It's all in good fun though, Tim Turi and Ben Hanson is on, and they're two of Dan's best friends from GI. It begins about 2:23 into the podcast.

Oh shit, Tim and Ben? I may have to listen to 8-4 Play.

bigkrev

oh fucking hot shit Netflix finally got the Remastered HD TNG episodes. I'll see you all sometime during the christmas holiday

FINALLY. They have been on Amazon Prime forever, but being able to natively play them on my Apple TV instead of needing to airplay them or turn a console on is godsend.

- J - D -

listening to that 8-4 now, doesn't make sense that dan would say "me-me" since he says "meme" correctly while talking about MGS2.

It's funny because I think it was John Ricciardi or one of the other 8-4 members that pronounced "meme" as "may-may" in one of the early episodes.

I REMEMBER THAT.

PBalfredo

Whelp, time to boot up CK2 this weekend. I think I'll try playing as Sicily like they were. The legend of Vincenzo lives on!

Curufinwe

oh man they really lay into Dan in the latest 8-4 play.

did you know that massive metal gear fan Dan Ryckert used to refer to Otacon as Oh-tacon? haha

I'll give him a pass for that considering almost the entire Western games media still pronounce Kojima incorrectly in 2015 (which makes listening to MGS discussions on places like the Bombcast kind of painful).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom