• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it's a premium feature, I don't believe they will be as strict with the new game policy as before. Contradiction was certainly a great example of this. Altho I don't expect them to bother posting MGSV until after GOTY awards.

It's likely going to start next week

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I suppose that part of it comes from a place where I feel like they've done enough to help push sales for MGSV. They played through the 4 major games and watched the story for a fifth. They helped get people hooked, now let them go discover it for themselves. that's the real joy that i derive from the series and surely one that both drew and dan could relate to.

I dunno, i would very much have the same feelings if Jeff and Vinny announced that they would skype through a playthrough of Persona 5 in 2016 (when it comes out). They spent all that time playing P4, getting people into the whole thing that were either unaware of the series or simply curious, and now them doing a P5 series seems like a bit much, you know?

I'd think it would've been better off as the original idea was (record now, release later) or to have a similar approach as what they did with Dark Souls 2, where they occasionally dipped into it when it came out but left it alone soon after.

but maybe that's just me and im a crazy person or something
Every game immediately gets streamed and put on Youtube now. Even the big sites do it, like Mary's playthrough of Until Dawn on release day for example. And the number of viewers for those (especially the big Youtubers) dwarfs whatever the amount of GB premium subs are.
The only thing they should care about is wether or not Giant Bomb's audience wants to see it and I think the results for that poll are already in.

If it's a premium feature, I don't believe they will be as strict with the new game policy as before. Contradiction was certainly a great example of this. Altho I don't expect them to bother posting MGSV until after GOTY awards.
The language used makes it sound like it could probably come by the end of September.

Oh btw Freedom, P5 is 2015

TraBuch

Banned
Anyone know where I can find the store discount code for signing up for full a full price subscription? Reupped a few months ago and got the code but didn't bother saving it since I wasn't planning on buying anything, but I like that hat.

Oh btw Freedom, P5 is 2015

i refuse to believe it.

also, i was hoping someone would reply to that because we're now entering september and, look, here's our lack of a persona 5 release date

jebus, they really couldn't wait, lol

I can't blame Drew and Dan, they wanna finish this up and also not get spoiled by the internet.

then they better shut down their twitters and not look at the comments because someone is going to try and spoil them

Zaph

Anyone know where I can find the store discount code for signing up for full a full price subscription? Reupped a few months ago and got the code but didn't bother saving it since I wasn't planning on buying anything, but I like that hat.

It's emailed

popo

I thought their policy of not showing too much of new games was a good one, but I understand why they gave up on it.

Viewers want it, publishers have finally come around to value the free publicity and if they don't do it, someone else will - in fact they already are.

My gripe would be that it is Metal Gear again. I am bored of all that MG. I even skipped the MGS4 play through, though I can see me going back to it at some point.

I suspect, like all the Souls content before it, they are just reacting to viewing figures and giving the people what they want.

You can check out my backdoor first episode.

tumblr_ms9nksz0ej1qfnp35o1_400.gif

popo

So is Vinny going to move back to SF for a year to play Persona 5 with Jeff now?

They will use their coast-to-coast streaming setup as evidenced in the Dirt QL.

It will be a true Endurance Run, as it was first conceived of - and as such Jeff will tap out after 2 episodes when he realises Chie isn't in it.

so that means never. he's been at every Disney Infinity event ever.

It sure seems that way. I am sure there is a the odd week or two between conferences and PR events. Between E3 and launch must be a marathon though.

I can sympathise as I work in a seasonal industry and I have to take all holidays within a 3-4 month period out of the 12. It can be restrictive.

i refuse to believe it.

also, i was hoping someone would reply to that because we're now entering september and, look, here's our lack of a persona 5 release date
I still believe in 2015, it's been stated so many times and there's been enough things pointing to it that I feel confident in 2015.
We'll see on September 15th.

I thought their policy of not showing too much of new games was a good one, but I understand why they gave up on it.

Viewers want it, publishers have finally come around to value the free publicity and if they don't do it, someone else will - in fact they already are.

My gripe would be that it is Metal Gear again. I am bored of all that MG. I even skipped the MGS4 play through, though I can see me going back to it at some point.

I suspect, like all the Souls content before it, they are just reacting to viewing figures and giving the people what they want.

I agree. I feel like MGS is just an excuse to not make any effort in terms of premium content. Granted I don't give a shit about MGS, but I was relieved that they were finally done, so we could perhaps get some more Demo Derby, or anything, really.

Pomo

I'm a massive MGS fan but I can absolutely see why people would be sick of it by now. I'd just be happy if Demo Derby was a more frequent thing.

popo

I still believe in 2015, it's been stated so many times and there's been enough things pointing to it that I feel confident in 2015.
We'll see on September 15th.

I believe they are still aiming for this year. I just doubt they will make it. Especially not in EU.

I am not a fan of long gaps between setting a date and release but they are really pushing it if they want to promote a title and release in the holidays scramble. Perhaps they will not spend on marketing in the assumption that anyone likely to buy P5 already knows about it.

also, what is meant to happen on the 15th? Have they teased something?

I'm a massive MGS fan but I can absolutely see why people would be sick of it by now. I'd just be happy if Demo Derby was a more frequent thing.

Hopefully they will stick to one 2 hour ep a week. Although at that pace, they will never finish it this year.

They need to find a new premium feature. DD is great but it is another Dan/Drew show. Jeff has his meetings and the live wednesday show. Jason will be on paternity leave soon. Beast-coast has a production bottle neck. I don't know what the solution is. Brad/Rorie maybe?

LiK

the MGS train won't end until TPP is completed. Drew is all in so it'll be over soon.

then they better shut down their twitters and not look at the comments because someone is going to try and spoil them

Forget about them being spoiled, this thread is gonna get real hairy between the people who want to play through the game without Drew's playthrough revealing spoilers and the people who want to discuss Metal Gear Scanlon 5 as the episodes are put up.

Forget about them being spoiled, this thread is gonna get real hairy between the people who want to play through the game without Drew's playthrough revealing spoilers and the people who want to discuss Metal Gear Scanlon 5 as the episodes are put up.

aw shit, i hadn't thought about that at all.

I guess as soon as the series starts i'm bailing unless I've finished the game by then. dammit

I believe they are still aiming for this year. I just doubt they will make it. Especially not in EU.

I am not a fan of long gaps between setting a date and release but they are really pushing it if they want to promote a title and release in the holidays scramble. Perhaps they will not spend on marketing in the assumption that anyone likely to buy P5 already knows about it.

also, what is meant to happen on the 15th? Have they teased something?

Europe isn't hitting 2015 and I've accepted that, but it's really easy to just order it off the US PSN store so I'm not too bothered by that. It's hard to say much about the marketing, it probably mainly needs more of a push in the west which can't happen if the Japanese side of the company doesn't release any information.

15th is Sony Japan's conference so that seems like the most obvious choice for another P5 appearance and at this point that has to be the time they announce a release date.

It's fucking Atlus.

Of course it won't make it to PAL on time.

Dancing all night coming out in November is criminal.

popo

It's fucking Atlus.

Of course it won't make it to PAL on time.

No it is SEGA now. I know I hit you in the past baby but I have changed. I am going to stop drinking and everything. You just make me so fucking angry sometimes, with you all speaking different languages and everything, but that is no excuse. Give me one more chance. We can go to counselling. You can't even tell your nose was ever broken.

I'm looking forward to Dead or Alive Extreme 3 because

1) The DOA Paradise Quick Look is the best thing
2) Increased graphical fidelity will only make the nightmare boob physics even more alarming
3) FAME DOUGLAS

I'm a massive fan of Metal Gear and MGScanlon has been my favourite feature on the site but even I'm kinda sick of it so it must be annoying for those that aren't into the feature. I'll still watch it obviously and the open world has the potential to lead to some dumb shit happening so maybe it will be alright.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom