• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
If you're not going to do Jeff/Vinny doing Persona, just don't do it. Period. Remember how underwhelming the non-Jeff/Vinny ERs were? It just doesn't work.

Zebetite

Banned
if vinny wants to play persona 5 on the clock because he can't at home, by all means! but if he doesn't, hey, let's not bug them to do it.

if persona 5 is truly a 2015 release in NA (doubtful!) then its almost certainly a december release. so hopefully we get a j/v quick look while vinny is in town for GOTY

Volotaire

It was nice to hear Jeff acknowledge the weaknesses when focusing on one piece of premium content for a long period of time (such as MGScanlon, Souls, etc) and balancing this with the part of the audience who may disinterested and want to consume other content.

Curufinwe

If you're not going to do Jeff/Vinny doing Persona, just don't do it. Period. Remember how underwhelming the non-Jeff/Vinny ERs were? It just doesn't work.

So if Vinny wants to play P5 on their Friday stream with Austin and Alex in 2016 you're going to complain about it and/or not watch?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So if Vinny wants to play P5 on their Friday stream with Austin and Alex in 2016 you're going to complain about it and/or not watch?

I just won't watch it. By the third time something weird happens and Alex says 'soooo that's a thing' most people probably won't either.

daydream

Banned
i think a persona 5 feature, whether realised in a daily or weekly fashion, would be a huge hit for them, even if it was a beast-only thing

that said, it would feel a bit forced. at least with something like scanlon 5, you know dan and drew really wanna do it, so it feels less calculated. i'm sure vinny, jeff and others are really looking forward to playing p5 but are they dying to play it for the internet? doubtful.

but if they are into the idea, they shouldn't hold back. i think pretty much any combination of two or three beast guys (the invariance being vinny) would work.

they'll make the right call

The only ER I could really get into was Chrono Trigger.

very underrated!

Anjin M

i think a persona 5 feature, whether realised in a daily or weekly fashion, would be a huge hit for them, even if it was a beast-only thing

that said, it would feel a bit forced. at least with something like scanlon 5, you know dan and drew really wanna do it, so it feels less calculated. i'm sure vinny, jeff and others are really looking forward to playing p5 but are they dying to play it for the internet? doubtful.

but if they are into the idea, they shouldn't hold back. i think pretty much any combination of two or three beast guys (the invariance being vinny) would work.

they'll make the right call

MGS5 at least feels like a continuation of what Dan and Drew were already doing. Persona 5 would be like trying to be struck my lightning a second time. Sure, it could happen, but you're more likely to just end up wet.

Weebos

Banned
I think a Vinny/Austin or Vinny/Austin/Alex Endurance Run of Persona 5 would be great.

But yeah, I'm not sure Vinny/Alex would work well with the game. I like Alex, but he isn't the right fit for top tier anime bullshit.

Mario Party 5 are my little brother and little sister's favourite Mario Party game.

Yeah, they have a tier list of preferred Mario Party games.

KingKong

still think its weird for them to have Drew play MGS5 as soon as it comes out but I suppose as long as this is a Metal Gear Scanlon on off and they dont start doing Fallout 4 and Mad Max longplays it will be ok

Last thing you wanna see is a 60+ hour RPG being played by people who don't really even wanna do it in the first place, and Jeff has already said he doesn't wanna do it. If they wanna do it, cool. If not, also fine.

Justin

Just finished watching the beastcast. Vinny spent most of the first hour interviewing the inde booth guy and rich. The second half was all talk of the dark dystopian future. Getting set up for Mario party now!

DamnBoxes

Dedicated MPP5 thread going up about 30 minutes before the stream starts, so in 40 minutes or so.

CAN'T. WAIT.

2664056-6189018407-fyS4P.gif

As someone who's played way more Mario Party than I should admit

skLaFarebear's Mario Party Tier List

1. MP2
2. MP4 - (probably nostalgia)
3. MP9
4. MP6
5. MP3
6. MP5
7. MP7
8. MP1
9. MP8

Didn't play 10 so I can't say anything on that.

1. MP2
3. MP9
4. MP6
5. MP3
6. MP5
7. MP7
8. MP1
9. MP8

Here's the most accurate list of best Mario Party games.

Xater

1. MP2
3. MP9
4. MP6
5. MP3
6. MP5
7. MP7
8. MP1
9. MP8

They all suck. It's like looking at a Bristol Stool Chart.

Here's the most accurate list of best Mario Party games.

Well I can't argue with that. Some clear scientific calculations going on there.

They all suck. It's like looking at a Bristol Stool Chart.

Well I never said any of them were good lol. If i had to play one today it'd be 9 just because it isn't walking around a board for an hour and a game lasts less than 30 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom