• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaph

O2rdwsg.png

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Honestly I'm finding it a bit annoying, trying offbeat stuff and and actively working against the game works in something like Sleeping Dogs, but in a story/atmospheric based game it kind of just detracts from it.

It was kind of annoying at first but he eased off later. But yeah in the beginning the very first thing he does is like try to find ways to break the game. Dude should've been a QA tester.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
To be fair to Max and Spirits Within, teens have bad opinions on movies all the time because they haven't seen enough of them yet

For example, I thought Boondock Saints was the dopest shit when I was in high school. I was dumb.

kAmui-

That is precisely why I want them to play it. It will encourage me to finish it before they do.

But then I'd have to buy the rest of the episodes!
I actually really want to do that but at the moment money is bit of an issue and LiS is not on top of the list of games to buy.

To be fair to Max and Spirits Within, teens have bad opinions on movies all the time because they haven't seen enough of them yet

For example, I thought Boondock Saints was the dopest shit when I was in high school. I was dumb.

OK, this game is set in 2015

no-one in 2015 looks at that film and goes "yeah good"

ArjanN

I think the game is set in 2013, at least the date on the photo contest poster said 20th of October 2013. Not that it makes Spirits Within a good movie.

This. The Spirits Within thing is just a little in-joke anyway. Also, people with little perspective on a genre think things are better than they are all the time. Hell, you see this on GAF all the time.

What, you guys picked Life is Strange for them to play over Phantasmagoria 2? ...Fine.

Phantasmagoria 2 is fun in a so bad it's good sort of way, but I actually like them playing more stuff from this year, because people who visit GB might get the impression MGSV, Mario Maker, Witcher 3 and Destiny were the only games released this year. :p

jaina

I think the game is set in 2013, at least the date on the photo contest poster said 20th of October 2013. Not that it makes Spirits Within a good movie.
Yes and Chloe's parking ticket is date 9/21/2013.

I'm curious to eventually watch Spirits Within again. But the line in game made me laugh the second most so far.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
OK, this game is set in 2015

no-one in 2015 looks at that film and goes "yeah good"

It wasn't 2015, but when I first saw that movie I too was an idiot teenager and I thought it was underrated.

Best sci-fi movie ever is the kind of thing you need to pay somebody to say, but "Not the worst anime movie pretending to be a real movie" is pretty accurate.

And also she's old enough to have seen that as a child, which means it would have been like that or the Star Wars prequels for childhood sci-fi movies. Somebody defending those is far less believable.

Lelcar

Phantasmagoria 2 is fun in a so bad it's good sort of way, but I actually like them playing more stuff from this year, because people who visit GB might get the impression MGSV, Mario Maker, Witcher 3 and Destiny were the only games released this year. :p

I agree, them playing brand new releases is a direction that I really like. One of the best decisions for their content they made this year.

I wish they had thought of it for the The Witcher 3 before MGSV happened though, just because that Alex/Vinny Quick Look for it is probably my favourite Quick Look of the year. If there are QLOTY awards, my vote goes to The Witcher 3 QL, it was hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom