• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.

yami4ct

Life is Strange has always seemed real cool to me. The video makes me want to play it even more. Definitely going to get on it before the end of the year. Hopefully it gets a good sale by the end of the year, not that the price is bad to begin with.

We-are-building-Lifeway-as-a-global-brand-says-CEO_strict_xxl.jpg

keifer is a yogurt drink that makes you poop better

Keifer Sutherland must smell better than that bottled open sewage, I'll bet.

Oh god the howdoyoudofellowkids.gif dialogue in this game is unbearable.

Fixed.

kAmui-

Life is Strange has always seemed real cool to me. The video makes me want to play it even more. Definitely going to get on it before the end of the year. Hopefully it gets a good sale by the end of the year, not that the price is bad to begin with.

It was on sale on steam like a month ago. I bought the first episode to check if I liked the game. Then I missed the sale on rest of the episodes :( It wasn't a big sale, 25% off I think.

LiS is one of those games where even though I've played every released episode so far, I'm excited to see others play it. Plus I'd love to see it come up during GOTY deliberations, at least for a story nod at the end of the year.

Alfredo

The Spirits Within stuff, whatever. The biggest discrepancy between real life and Life is Strange is that instant photography is HELLA expensive these days. Like Vinny was saying, Polaroid stopped making film for their instant cameras a while ago, and a company called "The Impossible Project" bought one of their old factories and had to re-create the film from scratch (they also are inferior in some aspects, because they take like twice as long to develop).

The result is $30 for a pack of 8 shots. Max has like $600 worth of photos hanging on her wall, and she wastes so many shots on selfies and squirrels.

...I learned all this because I briefly picked up instant photography as a result of Life is Strange... Life is Strange is probably the most expensive $20 game I've ever purchased...

The Spirits Within stuff, whatever. The biggest discrepancy between real life and Life is Strange is that instant photography is HELLA expensive these days. Like Vinny was saying, Polaroid stopped making film for their instant cameras a while ago, and a company called "The Impossible Project" bought on of their old factories and had to re-create the film from scratch (they also are inferior in some aspects, because they take like twice as long to develop).

The result is $30 for a pack of 8 shots. Max has like $600 worth of photos hanging on her wall, and she also wastes so many shots on selfies and pictures of squirrels.

...I learned all this because I briefly picked up instant photography as a result of Life is Strange... Life is Strange is probably the most expensive $20 game I've ever purchased...
Incredible.

Maybe it costs less if you buy it in bulk?

yami4ct

It was on sale on steam like a month ago. I bought the first episode to check if I liked the game. Then I missed the sale on rest of the episodes :( It wasn't a big sale, 25% off I think.

I've seen it hit 25% off a few times. I've just always been too busy with other games to really think about picking it up. If it hits the holiday sale this year, I'll almost certainly grab it.

The Spirits Within stuff, whatever. The biggest discrepancy between real life and Life is Strange is that instant photography is HELLA expensive these days. Like Vinny was saying, Polaroid stopped making film for their instant cameras a while ago, and a company called "The Impossible Project" bought on of their old factories and had to re-create the film from scratch (they also are inferior in some aspects, because they take like twice as long to develop).

The result is $30 for a pack of 8 shots. Max has like $600 worth of photos hanging on her wall, and she wastes so many shots on selfies and squirrels.

When did Polaroid actually stop making it? I think people said the game is actually taking place in 2013. Maybe she bought a bunch of old stock at the end and is just burning through it? (Overanalyzing a game that most certainly did not think about this aspect haha).

yami4ct

Most expensive game this year for me is probably one of the 4 vita games I'm going to play the rest of this year(The 2 LoH games, Corpse Party and Danganronpa AE), since I just broke my vita and I need to buy a new one.

I guess the Witcher and MGSV could count since I bought a whole new PC this year, but I could've easily played those on console and probably would have built my new PC regardless. It was time.

Warren is interesting because Dontnod is basically getting a sizeable chunk of their audience to hate themselves as teenagers.

Who doesn't hate themselves as teenagers? Honestly, everyone does a sizable amount of dumb shit when they're that age. I can't imagine looking back on that and saying "I totally want to be that person again".

Alfredo

When did Polaroid actually stop making it? I think people said the game is actually taking place in 2013. Maybe she bought a bunch of old stock at the end and is just burning through it? (Overanalyzing a game that most certainly did not think about this aspect haha).

I think if you're lucky, you can find Polaroid film that expired in like 2010. Expired film has the possibility of still working, but it depends on if it was stored properly. Even so, expired film still goes for a lot of money on eBay, with no guarantee on functionality.

Maybe she gets the film at a discount coming from her school. I don't know. It's still messed up! I even bought an instant camera that didn't come with a built-in flash, so I also have to buy disposable flash bulbs which they also don't make anymore! Though they are much cheaper than film, and it's kind of fun to open up "brand new" packages that are, like, decades old.

Warren is interesting because Dontnod is basically getting a sizeable chunk of their audience to hate themselves as teenagers.

I can agree with this. I see a lot of my teenage self in Warren, and it makes me hate him MORE. lol

The best part about working in my undergrad biology lab is that imaging for some of our microscopy hadn't yet migrated over to computer generation, so there was a huge storage cooler full of old Polaroid film for large printing.

Myggen

Why did 2K remove the Dr. Tracksuit video?

Did Jeff get mad?

He or more maybe CBSi probably contacted them. Jeff seemed annoyed that they used his likeness in promotional material for their game without asking him first. Which, especially as someone who's supposed to cover that game, I can totally understand.

They actually removed it?

To answer your question, Jeff did get mad that they used his likeness without even talking to him.

They took it down and uploaded a version without the Tracksuit shot.

They actually removed it?

To answer your question, Jeff did get mad that they used his likeness without even talking to him.

Wait, that was a real video for a real game? I assumed it was from that crazy twitch video game wrestling thing and that Jeff was faux-angry about it.

...any mirrors?

mintyice

The Spirits Within stuff, whatever. The biggest discrepancy between real life and Life is Strange is that instant photography is HELLA expensive these days. Like Vinny was saying, Polaroid stopped making film for their instant cameras a while ago, and a company called "The Impossible Project" bought one of their old factories and had to re-create the film from scratch (they also are inferior in some aspects, because they take like twice as long to develop).

They still make Fuji Instamax and it's cheaper.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0000C73CQ/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Only $16 for 20 shots!

Does anyone know the times to sync up the Periscope archive and Patrick's Part 2 episode from today? I know the Periscope isn't the whole thing but it's really when Dan was most active and I missed a lot of what was going on because I couldn't get the syncing to work while Patrick was streaming last night.

FStop7

Banned
The way to beat Patrick is to take away his ability to analyze and think. There has to be constant pressure from all directions.

So GBEast are doing something with Life is Strange? If so, that's incredibly exciting. LiS is in the running for my GOTY right now and I know they will love it and hopefully fight for it at the GB GOTY deliberations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom