• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know the Phantasmagoria playthrough is beloved but the game itself really soured me with the rape scene. It was really grim and gratuitous and just didn't sit well with me. I don't know if the sequel has a scene like that but it really put me off on the whole thing.

Life is Strange seems a little less grim.

I've never played all the episodes, but I'm sure there's going to be a rape scene in Life is Strange somewhere.

I know the Phantasmagoria playthrough is beloved but the game itself really soured me with the rape scene. It was really grim and gratuitous and just didn't sit well with me. I don't know if the sequel has a scene like that but it really put me off on the whole thing.

Life is Strange seems a little less grim.

I learned today that a game I really, really like had a rape scene cut. And I was all "huh" because it was pretty obvious in retrospect, but I didn't notice at all while playing. It doesn't fit the tone of the game or serve any narrative purpose at all, so that's good.

Game and scene
Virtue's Last Reward
Dio holding Clover at knifepoint would have creepily escalated to some sort of sexual assualt.

I learned today that a game I really, really like had a rape scene cut. And I was all "huh" because it was pretty obvious in retrospect, but I didn't notice at all while playing. It doesn't fit the tone of the game or serve any narrative purpose at all, so that's good.

Game and scene
Virtue's Last Reward
Dio holding Clover at knifepoint would have creepily escalated to some sort of sexual assualt.

WOW. WOW. Holy shit, that would have been awful and pointless and so out there for
something like an Uchikoshi game which usually doesn't have any kind of sexual violence or even implied sexual violence in it.

not really a fan of GBEast playing through another game from this year

between contradiction and MGSV, we kinda already have enough of that going on

god damn it we need more old games coverage

not really a fan of GBEast playing through another game from this year

between contradiction and MGSV, we kinda already have enough of that going on

god damn it we need more old games coverage

There is not enough of that.

I mean.....the playthroughs just bring out alot of the Giant Bomb crew. Discussions, the way they play is uniquely them, and it's just enjoyable.

Dan's kind of right. Being electrocuted is pretty cool. You feel the pain everywhere inside your body. Inside your heart, especially. It's fascinating. Dangerous, though. Don't do it unsupervised.

WOW. WOW. Holy shit, that would have been awful and pointless and so out there for
something like an Uchikoshi game which usually doesn't have any kind of sexual violence or even implied sexual violence in it.

Yeah.
According to the official q and a, the president of the company was like, "dude, what are you doing?"

There is not enough of that.

I mean.....the playthroughs just bring out alot of the Giant Bomb crew. Discussions, the way they play is uniquely them, and it's just enjoyable.

Vinny playing the main character, whose name I can't remember, as some sort of Jedi robot is pretty good.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
The slow droning noise from the game while they're building Legos is not great Lego-building music.

You don't think it's appropriate music for a franchise designed to railroad children into becoming the building drones of society?

Xater

I can't believe these stupid idiots voted for Life is Strange over Phantasmagoria 2...

This game's writing seems hand-crafted to offend my sensibilities at every turn.

I feel the same. My eyes will probably fall out of my skull because if all the eye rolling.

AcridMeat

Banned
I wish I was a kid when Lego Dimensions came out, they have so many awesome properties. I would have lost my mind playing with Simpsons and Ghostbusters characters.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
So should I look at the ryckoning archive on PK's youtube.

Or do I wait for the unarchived version with dan's periscope merged together.

kAmui-

MGScanlon 5 is such a great platform for Drew and Dan to talk about random stuff. Some great discussions already in the latest episode. Great that Drew has gotten into the habit of fultoning people. Should make things a bit easier.

Holy crap at that polygon "article"

Haunted

I for one am happy that GB has finally really embraced full endurance runs/let's plays. It's been a long time coming, but here we are.

Lego_island_2.jpg

Speaking of Lego, I hope they play this one day.

jgminto

My memory is there are multiple kind of fucked scenes as opposed to one, unless I'm thinking of another sequel.
There is nothing on the level of a rape scene. All of the sexual themes in Phantasmagoria 2 is actually pretty well done instead of gross.

Jothel

the Borderlands Handsome Colletion is on sale for around $30 and Mortal Kombat X for around $35 - are they worth it for around that price?

danm999

There is nothing on the level of a rape scene. All of the sexual themes in Phantasmagoria 2 is actually pretty well done instead of gross.

Oh I'm not really sure from memory if anything is as upsetting as that scene from the first game, just that the second game has a lot of fucked up stuff peppered throughout unlike the first game which mostly contains it's nastiest stuff to a scene or two.

I'm not really trying to cast aspersions on either of these games, just that if someone had trouble watching the first game they might have similar difficulties with the second.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom