• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
everything makes me very scared to read punpun. I keep getting it recommended but I have the feeling it might wreck me

Nah, solanin can be a sombering read because of how much it can reflect on the mundanity of life (ironically, the mundanity of life is actually why I find other slice of life stories uplifting).

If your life resemble's punpun's in any, way shape or form then you are actually properly fucked.

Nero18

Man I am really getting turned off of Metal Gear Scanlon. Dan knows nothing about the game's systems considering how much time he's spent playing (doesn't even know what triggers alert state), Drew doesn't seem to give a shit about actually learning anything about the game or experimenting, still runs around in broad daylight, not even crouch walking, listens to 2 tapes and makes a snide remark about them. Meanwhile I have to listen to stories about how much (more) of a dumbass Dan was in college. My hope was that MGSV's length would mean Drew would actually have enough time to really learn how the game's systems work, but he's not. He's still as bad at this as he's been at every other MGS.

I'm mostly for other reasons just skipping past episodes, having played it so recently there is barely anything making me want to watch somebody else play it. They've painted themselves into a corner.

Jintor

Man if i wanted to watch two people play a game while having interesting conversations I'd watch persona 4 er dungeon bits because jeff/vinny conversations don't aggravate me the way dan does

jeff/vinny was truly the best combo

to be fair, vinny/anybody is pretty great already

Zaph

Dan and Drew said early in the series that they weren't going to be precious with the format of MGSV, so they still might mix it up.

it's good to have some real coming-of-age narratives in games, flaky dialogue be damned

and by coming-of-age, i'm not referring to whatever these games do, lol

Wow, I don't think coming of age translates well to japanese?

That thread is why the guys occasionally make fun of GAF.

Pretty much and it's easy to see why.

Gamers are like Elephants. They never forget. Don't get excited about a Kickstarter? Get ready to hear that for the next 15 years.

I still don't see what's the point. They are being themselves and these announcements didn't excite them, should they fake excitement or what? some people are fucking weird.

The fact that Jeff took the time to tweet about the trailer on his Dr. Tracksuit account tells you how COMPLETELY SERIOUS he was about the likeness issue. This dumb fucking thing somehow spiraling into an actual story is sad but completely predictable.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I still don't see what's the point. They are being themselves and these announcements didn't excite them, should they fake excitement or what? some people are fucking weird.

The point is that you have to get excited about things the internet is excited about. How else do you get people to like, follow and subscribe?

I would doubt Jeff even contacted them.

It's a total non-story from start to finish and probably only relevant to GB fans, and even then it was just amusing.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
The stories between Dan and Drew are some of my favourite parts of MGScanlon.

It's like listening to the ricky gervais show except replace two assholes who loves egging Pilkington on with a person who is much more tolerant of bullshit and replace the british dourness of pilkington with the american optimism of Dan.

So not at all like the ricky gervais show, but you know.

Would many people outside of GB fans even know who Dr Tracksuit is?!

Edit: Maybe the real story should have been a write up on the backstory of Dr Tracksuit and get a little backstory on the man inside the tracksuit?

Jintor

replace the british dourness of pilkington with the american optimism of Dan.

tumblr_n188g4kklV1s8sx4yo1_500.gif

optimism, bah!

Would many people outside of GB fans even know who Dr Tracksuit is?!

Edit: Maybe the real story should have been a write up on the backstory of Dr Tracksuit and get a little backstory on the man inside the tracksuit?

well except that they frame it as a CAW character he created and not an actual real-life dumb thing he created

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom