• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.

daydream

Banned
well, after seeing that lego dimensions is just another lego game™ i wanted to post that those games have been stuck in place for a while now

but scratch that, after city undercover, this is a step back

and regardless if you're into the building aspect or not, it's totally disrupting the flow of the game. building everything beforehand seems like the right move here.

I can't wait until Giant Bomb livestreams don't require Flash! I think it's CBSi's fault, though. I believe it has to be a company wide thing. Giant Bomb can't just go off and do their own thing with their video player.

remember when jontron got all mad about tim schafier posting a tropes versus women video on twitter and then accused him of sending his fanbase after him when tim retweeted his response?

what a guy.

remember when jontron got all mad about tim schafier posting a tropes versus women video on twitter and then accused him of sending his fanbase after him when tim retweeted his response?

what a guy.
I also seem to recall him being a real upstanding guy back when Zoe Quinn started getting harassed last year.

Successful Youtubers need to use a small bit of the money they make to get the tiniest bit of media training, as far too many of them come of as the worst people ever when they take to social media.

Regardless of the content they put out I could never get into Totalbiscuit or Jontron as I view them as complete and utter dicks.

my favorite jontron moment is when he praised neil cicierega and cicierega was like "aren't you the guy who was asked nicely to stop saying "retarded" and had a freakout about it?"

tumblr_inline_naoilf4HEd1qh3v7l.png

Isn't JonTron a gator?

No. He had a spat with Quinn during a game jam that the sponsors blew up like it was some big thing. Then when all of that was happening he fell into the trap that many people did thinking there was actually some journalistic integrity case to be studied, rather than the cesspool it became now.

I apologize for being short, but Jon is one of the few youtubers I still enjoy after all these years. His more recent videos are much less screamy.

demidar

Watching the Lego QL, it's a bit disconcerting watching two men piece together Legos while the game's ominous background track is playing, giving the building a sinister vibe.

Watching the Lego QL, it's a bit disconcerting watching two men piece together Legos while the game's ominous background track is playing, giving the building a sinister vibe.

It took me a long time to realize that the music was coming from that video, and not something else in the house and it got real creepy real fast

No. He had a spat with Quinn during a game jam that the sponsors blew up like it was some big thing. Then when all of that was happening he fell into the trap that many people did thinking there was actually some journalistic integrity case to be studied, rather than the cesspool it became now.

I apologize for being short, but Jon is one of the few youtubers I still enjoy after all these years. His more recent videos are much less screamy.

huh

guys, don't talk too loud in case he hears us, but I think glitchesarecool is a part of gamergate

Noaloha

Saw Griffin of the clan MacMcElroy tweet about the Ryckert-Klepek goings-on, noting how it's got him super keen to get back into Mario Maker. No specific mention of challenge-style stages or any dastardly stuff, but Scoops immediately replies back with a "Come at me, bro." Patrick hungry to take on all-comers.

Saw Griffin of the clan MacMcElroy tweet about the Ryckert-Klepek goings-on, noting how it's got him super keen to get back into Mario Maker. No specific mention of challenge-style stages or any dastardly stuff, but Scoops immediately replies back with a "Come at me, bro." Patrick hungry to take on all-comers.

gotta feed that shitty level machine

hey daydream, where the fuck are your new levels at

Lijik

Isn't JonTron a gator?

No, but he was wrapped up in drama around the time Gamergate startedT here was the tim schaefer thing and around the same week gamergate blew up he called the ps4 "retarded" which caused a twitter spat that led to him retweeting someone who posted a picture of white supremacists hanging black people and saying "This is what sjws are like" or some weird gross shit like that so he got erroneously lumped in even though he later came out against the movement.

still fuck that guy and fuck his shitty nuts and bolts "review"

I can't wait until Giant Bomb livestreams don't require Flash! I think it's CBSi's fault, though. I believe it has to be a company wide thing. Giant Bomb can't just go off and do their own thing with their video player.

Wait do things like UPF require flash in order to work?

damit

daydream

Banned
gotta feed that shitty level machine

hey daydream, where the fuck are your new levels at

i couldn't log into course world (or steam, for that matter) after moving, it's a whole wifi thing, not worth going into

anyway, now that it started working again, i'll come up with something new soon

tuxfool

Banned
If there's one thing that's apparent now it's that GBEast >>>>> GB West for video features. Like it's not even fucking close. The Mario Maker stuff is the only really great content West has done in a while, and I've loved all of East's content with the possible exception of Vinny Vania 3 because that game is fucking ridiculously hard. Vinny actually going to the community is practically unheard of, Jeff would never do anything like that.

Actually Jeff has done this kind of thing. For the Old Games Show he was asking for game suggestions.

I also seem to recall him being a real upstanding guy back when Zoe Quinn started getting harassed last year.

i think he was one of the initial youtubers to be like "I DON'T HAVE ANY IDEA IF THIS ZOEPOST THING IS TRUE BUT I DEFINITELY DON'T KNOW IT ISN'T TRUE" and then kinda just drifted away when his part of his audience latched onto it.

also he's one of the people who uses "sjw" as a non-ironic insult and thinks people telling him not to use the word "retarded" is censorship. gross!

anyways, I really hope GBE plays Kingdom Hearts on the next request show, I'm playing through Life is Strange now so I don't really want to immediately go back to the episodes I just played.

Listen, when Jeff is busy doing something as objective and mathematically sophisticated as ranking every fighting game ever made, community is the last thing you want to poll into your calculations.

I could really go for a live stream today. I know Beast had their (excellent) Life is Strange stream yesterday, but I am trained to expect something on Thursdays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom