• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lijik

It's always weird to me that Destiny's 10th place gets all the focus, when Jeff managed to sneak Advanced Warfare on there at 4th place. But yelling about GOTY lists is basically like yelling about reviews.

it was a ropeadope sure but it was also a ropeadope that didnt involve arguing for an hour over a game nobody else liked that was already cut in the first place.

Myggen

I think most of the people that are 'upset' are upset because they didn't enjoy listening to the massive fight at the end of the podcast and because Destiny almost got 'Most Disappointing' so the idea of it making the Top 10 is kind of silly. If Destiny wasn't involved in the Most Disappointing discussion and just got spot 10 without a fight, almost no one would really complain.

Also, OG Destiny is a really easy target to hate on.

Sure, I get that. But a lot of people argue the point more in a vacuum, that Destiny didn't "deserve" a top 10 spot, and when you look at something like AW not getting any focus I just find the whole thing pretty silly.

And I wouldn't say that a game almost getting "Most Disappointing" and then making it into top 10 is silly. Most Disappointing isn't Worst Game, it just means that it falls way short of their expectations. It can still be a good enough game to get on a top 10 list even though it's a very disappointing game, especially in a year like 2014.

it was a ropeadope sure but it was also a ropeadope that didnt involve arguing for an hour over a game nobody else liked that was already cut in the first place.

Sure, but a lot of people don't argue that point, they argue that Destiny didn't "deserve" a top 10 because of reasons. If you didn't enjoy the discussion that's fine, but that shouldn't really have much impact on whether a game deserves to be there or not.

Anyways, looking forward to GOTY and another filibuster, and another year of people being inexplicably angry about the filibuster.

yami4ct

Sorry but the people who don't enjoy listening to massive arguments on the Bombcast are idiots.

They make my Top 10 idiots list.

Brad's last minute dumb GOTY arguments temporarily make me think less of him as a person, but they are by far the most fun parts of the GOTY podcasts. Such hilarity.

StoveOven

Banned
I think most of the people that are 'upset' are upset because they didn't enjoy listening to the massive fight at the end of the podcast and because Destiny almost got 'Most Disappointing' so the idea of it making the Top 10 is kind of silly. If Destiny wasn't involved in the Most Disappointing discussion and just got spot 10 without a fight, almost no one would really complain.

Also, OG Destiny is a really easy target to hate on.

To be fair, the same thing happened with Mass Effect 3.

Regarding Destiny, I think it was a fault of everyone else to try and tear down Destiny without building anything else up. If somebody put out a passionate argument for Wolfenstein or anything else that was close, I think they would have beat Destiny.

danm999

I think I find Hottest Mess and Worst Trend the most enjoyable bits but the ending list shenanigans are a close second for my favourite bits typically yeah.

Nothing worse than dry deliberation.

tuxfool

Banned
It's always weird to me that Destiny's 10th place gets all the focus, when Jeff managed to sneak Advanced Warfare on there at 4th place. But yelling about GOTY lists is basically like yelling about reviews.

I did my fair share of grumping about that too.

yami4ct

In general, I find it easier to be disappointed with a game I liked missing the last rather than one I didn't getting on. I can't get mad about people liking something more than me.

Zoggy

bring it on brad, put TTK in the top 10 and kick out witcher 3

do it

2510754-3363261264-24674.gif

yami4ct

I foresee Fallout 4, Witcher 3, and MGSV causing the most drama with the list this year. I'm not sure what combination of those will make the list (MGSV Is guaranteed, but not sure how high), but whatever order they come in will anger people.

Lijik

Sure, but a lot of people don't argue that point, they argue that Destiny didn't "deserve" a top 10 because of reasons. If you didn't enjoy the discussion that's fine, but that shouldn't really have much impact on whether a game deserves to be there or not.

Anyways, looking forward to GOTY and another filibuster, and another year of people being inexplicably angry about the filibuster.

But it doesnt! They straight up cut it earlier in the process! We have rules for a reason Myggen!!

real talk

last year the majority of them played wolfenstein and enjoyed it

And that game didn't even crack the top 10

This year, there's a shit load of games, what if Witcher 3 is the wolfenstein of 2015

I can see it happening. Brad wasn't that positive on it(Did he even play it?) Jeff was sour on the control of it, Dan is tired of it, Drew hasn't even touched it...

Lelcar

Look at all these yummy opinions! yumnumnumnumnum tasty opinions!

(Don't overestimate Jeff's influence on GOTY, when it comes to the #1 spot it always seems like it's a game that he does not want to be there.)

danm999

I feel like Undertale will win a bunch of awards but not place well on the final list.

It could win Best Story, Character, Moment or Sequence, soundtrack, Surprise.

hamchan

It says something that Brad's not GOTY got on the list and Drew's GOTY did not.

That Brad is a fucking force of nature at these things.

Think everyone doesn't put stock into Drew votes anyways. He put Destiny on his GOTY list and he only played to lvl 10 or something like that.

DamnBoxes

To be honest, I haven't played Undertale yet. It's next on my list. I just cannot see it topping Life is Strange for me, especially if the last episode is as good as it can be. That game is so special.

Please report back once you play through Undertale.

tumblr_md04lmEl9u1qzqnxxo1_500.gif

danm999

To be honest, I haven't played Undertale yet. It's next on my list. I just cannot see it topping Life is Strange for me, especially if the last episode is as good as it can be. That game is so special.

It's cool. It's easier to evaluate because I've finished it, but Life Is Strange will need to have a bad final episode to drop below Undertale.

yami4ct

I was going to pound through episodes 3 and 4 tonight but here I am, watching Giant Bomb TNT #29.

A quick warning, Episode 4 is longer than you likely think it's going to be. I made the mistake of starting that one kind of late and had to stay up until 5 am to finish. The next day was not a fun one.

DamnBoxes

A quick warning, Episode 4 is longer than you likely think it's going to be. I made the mistake of starting that one kind of late and had to stay up until 5 am to finish. The next day was not a fun one.

I appreciate the heads-up! I'm excited to see where this story goes... judging by the little snippet after the 2nd episode... this 3rd episode is going to be a real doozy!

Finale can literally be a Bink video of Final Fantasy Spirits Within and it won't spoil my opinion on Life is Strange.

Well since they're taking that extra month it means the PC port is going to be smooth and have barely any bugs

right
Unity really wasn't that bad and it launched with the console versions. Ran well on decent hardware(or certainly better than the console versions) and I didn't run into much craziness. I mean, it is one of the top five best looking games out there at the moment.

I'm usually pretty lucky with bugs though. I finished New Vegas on the 360 with almost no issues other than exorcism head at the beginning and the load time issue the longer you played where from what I hear it was broken for a lot of people. Same with Arkham Knight on the PC recently. Finished the game at 4K within a week of the launch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom