• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah that's crazy. I don't want to watch 6 movies in a day though.

December 18th.

The world premiere is on the 14th in Los Angeles (probably at Disney's El Capitan Theater). In France, Italy and other European nations it premieres on the 16th. In England and Germany it premieres on the 17th. In The US it premieres on the 18th. From the 18th through January 14th, every IMAX screen in North America will show the movie.

So with Disney owning Star Wars and seemingly interested in recapturing the people who were turned off by what George Lucas has been doing with it over the last couple decades, have they released the originals without all the stupid shit Lucas has added to them?

Teddified

Been driving for 12 hours and I miss 10 pages of talk. Anything fun happen today?

Goty chat and this

Haven't listened yet but here it is: Episode 58 – Team GFB Welcomes John Vignocchi

10334401_10203022198827814_6667880607933857250_n-e1445170978724-640x510.jpg

danm999

So with Disney owning Star Wars and seemingly interested in recapturing the people who were turned off by what George Lucas has been doing with it over the last couple decades, have they released the originals without all the stupid shit Lucas has added to them?

It's a weird thing with Fox holding the rights to a New Hope for home media in perpetuity so who the fuck knows.

Been driving for 12 hours and I miss 10 pages of talk. Anything fun happen today?

We had a vote; Giant Bomb is no longer anime.

Teddified

Yeah AC Syndicate seems pretty alright, baring any unkown Technical crap. I'll probably get it sometime in January, maybe sooner if it goes down to $30 this holiday.

I still enjoy the AC games but I have no desire to play any of them day 1 anymore. In fact I feel that way about most games now, no need for day 1.

daydream

Banned
jeff played a decent amount of quakshot during the last end-of-the-year stream with rorie, iirc

love rorie but man if that wasn't a disappointing live show compared to all the other end-of-the-year streams

Sims 4's expansions have been all kinds of whack. They've abandoned the traditional 'themed expansions' that focus on, say, a single, specific thing to make it a cool part of the game, and instead it's more like "here's a new mechanic, a stuff pack, and some random cool feature. $40 pls." It seems like a huge step back after the interesting Sims xpacs of yore.

Now... what's EDM? Edamame? Google is telling me it's Electronic Dance Music, but edamame seems just as likely to me.

yami4ct

I have very little interest in seeing Star Wars opening day.

The fact that it's killed the Alamo website kind of makes me want to go, though. I guess being told I can't have something will do that.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Sims 4's expansions have been all kinds of whack. They've abandoned the traditional 'themed expansions' that focus on, say, a single, specific thing to make it a cool part of the game, and instead it's more like "here's a new mechanic, a stuff pack, and some random cool feature. $40 pls." It seems like a huge step back after the interesting Sims xpacs of yore.

Now... what's EDM? Edamame? Google is telling me it's Electronic Dance Music, but edamame seems just as likely to me.

This isn't the first Sims 4 expansion? I haven't heard anything about that game since before it released.

Are you in the US? Daisuki.net is what you're looking for! If you register a free account, they even have HD stream options (with commercials, of course).

Sadly, they're player is janky as hell, but you win some and lose some.

oh is it not on crunchyroll? I figured it would be so I was going for a goof. "unlimited" anime my ass.

but thank you for the very useful information! I'm gonna dig in after monday night football.

This isn't the first Sims 4 expansion? I haven't heard anything about that game since before it released.

Second or third, I think.

Sims 4 has cool ideas and great presentation, but EA's monetisation has left a lot to be desired. Like I mentioned, they're blending the line between stuff pack and expansion in a really uncomfortable way. It was also rather barren at release.

yami4ct

oh is it not on crunchyroll? I figured it would be so I was going for a goof. "unlimited" anime my ass.

but thank you for the very useful information! I'm gonna dig in after monday night football.

Anime streaming right now is an arms race between CR and Funimation. Daisuki is a hulu style consortium of Japanese studios trying to get in on that money directly, so they also have exclusive deals. Honestly, it feels like a scary bubble that could crash at any moment. I really hope not, but there's some weird shit going down.

Was that the one where they put the underage girl on the cover without knowing it?

I think that's The Guy Game. Singles was a Sims rip-off that emphasized the physical side of relationships. I think it had uncensored nudity in the digital version.

Edit: The censored version I played was baaaad as I recall.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Was that the one where they put the underage girl on the cover without knowing it?

No. Well, I mean, probably. It sounds like it at least. But I bet you're thinking of The Guy Game, which may or may not have had an underage girl topless in the game.

danm999

No. Well, I mean, probably. It sounds like it at least. But I bet you're thinking of The Guy Game, which may or may not have had an underage girl topless in the game.

I think that's The Guy Game. Singles was a Sims rip-off that emphasized the physical side of relationships. I think it had uncensored nudity in the digital version.

Edit: The censored version I played was baaaad as I recall.

Ah that must be it.

holy that trailer was hype

The Star Wars one? I still have no clue what that movie's about but it looks like they've got Darth Bad Guy #10. I'm not sure if I'll see it in theaters. I still need to see Mad Max, which I heard was good.

Edit: Man that thread in the OT for the trailer is pretty embarrassing. I remember when teenage me tried to convince myself that Episode 1 was awesome... and then again with Episode 2. I get the feeling that cycle's repeating for a lot of people again.

Jintor

Anime streaming right now is an arms race between CR and Funimation. Daisuki is a hulu style consortium of Japanese studios trying to get in on that money directly, so they also have exclusive deals. Honestly, it feels like a scary bubble that could crash at any moment. I really hope not, but there's some weird shit going down.

as long as they keep in mind the moment people have any trouble with legit anime they'll just go back to the tried and true method of torrenting fansubs

yami4ct

as long as they keep in mind the moment people have any trouble with legit anime they'll just go back to the tried and true method of torrenting fansubs

The problem is that Funi and CR just throw (potentially too much) money at everything before the seasons start. Everyone's making massive bets and only a fraction of those can pay off. It's risky business. Sometimes, as much as you may want a series to get licensed, it doesn't deserve simulcast money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom