• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a dumb Halo question.

Is Cortana a computer? Like... was she a piece of hardware that Master Chief carried around in his suit or was she weird future software that could exist anywhere and didnt need a local computer?

I remember is Halo 1 she was very much transferred to your suit but I dont know if that was changed later or if I am just confused after talking Halo with a buddy.

Regarding Extra Life, Pascual said on Reddit that the GB are talking/planning what they're gonna do for that now.

Just have drew in the back banging though MGSV side ops and leveling shit up wiole everyone else is playing other games.

I have a dumb Halo question.

Is Cortana a computer? Like... was she a piece of hardware that Master Chief carried around in his suit or was she weird future software that could exist anywhere and didnt need a local computer?

I remember is Halo 1 she was very much transferred to your suit but I dont know if that was eventually changed later or if I am just confused after talking Halo with a buddy.

She's on a physical chip that plugs into chief's suit, when she appears outside the suit it's because she has been plugged into something.

I could just tell you what happens if you want.
No thanks!

Slightly bummed that the guys didn't realise that was a riff on Colonel Gaddafi. A mad dictator, propped up by the UK government, killed by his own golden gun! (probably).

danm999

Slightly bummed that the guys didn't realise that was a riff on Colonel Gaddafi. A mad dictator, propped up by the UK government, killed by his own golden gun! (probably).

Yeah and when Jeff said the latter was Ayatollah Khomeini I was like "and you get the other one was Gaddafi...?"

Or maybe I dunno Gaddafi didn't have the mindshare the Ayatollah's did in the US.

You worked on a rad game. Thanks for whatever part you played in makings it.

Seconded.

Unless you decided the bottle locations in Episode 2 in which case SHAME ON YOU.

Looking at that GBeast vote thread makes it seem like we're going to get like 6 more weeks of LiS. Hopefully they break it off into a Friday show because 6 weeks of the same game feels like it makes the choose your own adventure feature kind of pointless.

demidar

Yeah and when Jeff said the latter was Ayatollah Khomeini I was like "and you get the other one was Gaddafi...?"

Or maybe I dunno Gaddafi didn't have the mindshare the Ayatollah's did in the US.

I don't know who Khomeini is, but I've definitely heard of Gaddafi as a resident of parts-that-are-not-the-US.

Listening to the Beastcast and uh Vinny has no idea you can get a Fulton gun for D-Walker that does exactly what he wants. Oh, its a fuckin' delight.

danm999

Listening to the Beastcast and uh Vinny has no idea you can get a Fulton gun for D-Walker that does exactly what he wants. Oh, its a fuckin' delight.

Thank you for reminding me of this. I was basically saying myself that whole conversation you guys are in for a treat when you get further down that tech tree.

I'm totally going to play Life is Strange. It seems Beast is going to be playing more, so maybe I should get to it sooner than later. I'd rather experience it on my own the first time.

Is it known why they're not doing a pc version of Destiny?
Are they afraid it'll negatively affect the whole franchise? Do Bungie not want to take on the extra people to do it right?

Lelcar

Five bucks right here none of them, GBWest included, ever touch it by the time GOTY rolls around.

Absolutely. Jeff and Dan said in the MGO QL that they never use D-Walker, also clear by the fact that they still think that the D-Walker and Walker Gears control the same. Brad also didn't mess with D-walker much from his podcast discussions. I can see Vinny getting into some D-Walker though. He seems like the type of guy who wants to test everything out.

demidar

until you bang into a rock. thankfully he rolls right over most of the small ones.

he actually kinda controls more like a hovercraft, weirdly enough

Yeah you can't rapidly change directions which is a shame, D-Walker has some heavy momentum (until you bang into a rock).

danm999

Absolutely. Jeff and Dan said in the MGO QL that they never use D-Walker, also clear by the fact that they still think that the D-Walker and Walker Gears control the same. Brad also didn't mess with D-walker much from his podcast discussions. I can see Vinny getting into some D-Walker though. He seems like the type of guy who wants to test everything out.

D Walker trivializes encounters with the Skulls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom