• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
like, it's kind of legitimately a good game, even today. but I still can't believe it got localized.

I have a feeling that if it came out today it'd be ridiculously hard, filled with overly complex crafting mechanics and probably a roguelike. I generally like those things but it's great to see a game like that where your only punishment is a new face.

Lelcar

Yeah, I'm about 35 minutes into this Bombastica and there is some great back-in-the-day discussion going on. High posi vibes from Jeff and Dan too. Cool video.

danm999

Some cool Duck lore discussion on this video. The Disney Ducks were always big here in Finland when I was growing up (I guess they still are). Almost everyone I knew had a subscription to the weekly magazine, the cartoons were bigger than Looney Tunes etc.

Also watching this a million times as a kid is probably why I've never cared about smoking: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIdpIPgLcTU

No wonder Scrooge had to be given custody. Donald was a fucking maniac. Those kids are getting emphysema.

Life is Strange ends in the same bullshit not a real choice videogame choice bullshit and should be immediately disqualified from GOTY for that and that alone.

kAmui-

I take it that Donald Duck comics are not that big in America? Because they are fucking huge here in Finland. Our house started getting them basically since I was born and I've read them as long as I can remember. They have some of the best translators in Finland and I believe some words and phrases from them are in common usage in Finnish language. Also Carl Barks and Don Rosa are like gods here.

This family tree by Don Rosa is what is widely used as "official canon"

daydream

Banned
Taschenbuchsammlung.jpg

lustige taschenbücher 4 lyfe

Myggen

I take it that Donald Duck comics are not that big in America? Because they are fucking huge here in Finland. Our house started getting them basically since I was born and I've read them as long as I can remember. They have some of the best translators in Finland and I believe some words and phrases from them are in common usage in Finnish language. Also Carl Barks and Don Rosa are like gods here.

The Nordic countries are Duck family central.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Oh god, I can't imagine what you think of MGSV...

MGSV never pretends to give the player agency over the events of the plot. You're just along for the terrible, poorly maintained, badly designed ride. Games like Life is Strange, Walking Dead, and Mass Effect put over a thin layer of the illusion of choice while the same stuff goes on in the background regardless.

Bless your heart.

At least there's some fucking effort put into it.

Life Is Strange ends on
hurr durr do you want to save the town or do you want your waifu syyyyyke your waifu hates you now, incel
and that's it. It's the same fucking problem games like TWD and Mass Effect could never figure out because its a terrible idea in the first place.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Just finished Life is Strange. Amazing ending. I cried a lot.

You have to be some kind of heartless monster to be down on that ending.

DamnBoxes

Just finished Life is Strange. Amazing ending. I cried a lot.

You have to be some kind of heartless monster to be down on that ending.

Will tackle final episode tonight.

Finished episodes three + four yesterday and
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck mannnnnn....

LiK

you should stop talking about LiS finale here. go to the spoilers thread and rant all you want there. FYI, Vinny and Austin lurk here too.

omgkitty

Don Rosa is held in very high regard in Europe. He has his fans here, but I only heard of the comics when the new re-releases started popping up online. If it tells you anything, they're not released by Disney.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member

Don Rosa's "Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck" is amazing and transcends what you think a Duck comic can be. I highly recommend anyone even remotely interested read that one. It basically paints Scrooge as a tragic hero who slowly alienates everyone around him in his pursuit of wealth. it's really something else.

Curufinwe

I only played one Kingdom Hearts game; KH2 which I took over after my wife gave up on it. And it wasn't great, but it was worth it for the all the Donald Duck content.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom