• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myggen

They do record on Tuesdays, sometimes.

Obviously, but that's when they for some reason can't record on Mondays. I'm saying that Monday is the regular podcast day, and that's probably because that's what makes sense for their schedule. Missing news on Tuesdays has been a running joke for years now, so if it made sense to move the recording to Tuesday on the regular they would've done that a long time ago I feel.

They're not really missing much with this one. Really just a confirmation that, yep, Destiny was precisely the last-minute stitch job everyone figured it was.

Zaph

Maybe it will change now that they're making their own podcasting studio. No more having to book time slots and what not.

As much as I've always wanted them to move the podcast towards the end of the week, I don't think it'll ever happen. Especially now with Beastcast publishing Friday.

Lelcar

I'm playing through Undertale and Dying Light now. Both cool and interesting games in their own right. What a good year for games.

Myggen

I feel like I've read about the massive changes to Destiny much earlier, like 6 months ago. Am I imagining this or was this known already?

Pretty much all of this was rumoured or expected, but there's never been sources confirming it before.

kingocfs

As much as I've always wanted them to move the podcast towards the end of the week, I don't think it'll ever happen. Especially now with Beastcast publishing Friday.

It's why we have Beastcast.

If they recorded on Tuesdays, everyone would complain that they missed the Wednesday news. And everybody would be saying, "where's muh Bombcast?"

Yeah, I figured adding a Friday podcast probably stopped it from ever happening, but it'd be nice to hear Jeff and co. talk about stuff that isn't a week old every now and again. Probably best to not chase the news, though.

daydream

Banned
i wonder if the voting results will be much different from last week's

you'd have to imagine most people just voted for the same game again

yami4ct

i wonder if the voting results will be much different from last week's

you'd have to imagine most people just voted for the same game again

Life is Strange seems to be winning by a wider margin this time, which is good. It deserves it.

I really hope the break it out into its own feature and actually finish it. It would be a shame if they get to like mid-episode 3/episode 4 and stop because the community didn't vote it in again.

Democracy sucks.

Anyone who doesn't vote LiS is a bad person.

Tagyhag

I'd like to see them tackle Undertale but you have to finish Life is Strange now, it'd be silly to just move on after just one episode.

santeesioux

Speaking of Donald Duck, it was pretty awesome when he used to be our college sports logo

latest

Man Dan just
destroyed that last boss
on Quackshot. It took me forever to
beat that boss
. This was a pretty great segment.

santeesioux

Whoa, did anyone see that NBA Live apparently only sold 8,000 copies? That's pretty rough even if the series hasn't been good in years.

Myggen

Why did they stop TNT?

I'm guessing people think Jeff's referring to Ryan there, but Jeff has said previously that they had thought about ending TNT for some time because they didn't find it very interesting to do anymore. What happened probably made it an easier decision, but it was gonna go regardless.

Why did they stop TNT?

It was pretty much Ryan's show and it wasn't a pillar of the site to the point that it was worth trying to keep going when he passed away is my guess.

I'm guessing people think Jeff's referring to Ryan there, but Jeff has said previously that they had thought about ending TNT for some time because they didn't find it very interesting to do anymore. What happened probably made it an easier decision, but it was gonna go regardless.

Yeah I remember it getting complaints about how it wasn't very entertaining most of the times. I feel like the free form format of UPF is better. At worst UPF becomes a video podcast.

killroy87

I'm guessing people think Jeff's referring to Ryan there, but Jeff has said previously that they had thought about ending TNT for some time because they didn't find it very interesting to do anymore.

Even so, Ryan was clearly the reason it stopped for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom