• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lelcar

I'm guessing people think Jeff's referring to Ryan there, but Jeff has said previously that they had thought about ending TNT for some time because they didn't find it very interesting to do anymore. What happened probably made it an easier decision, but it was gonna go regardless.

I agree, I don't think Jeff was insinuating that it's because of the passing of Ryan, because technically almost every feature was his as he hosted everything. The Bombcast was Ryan's baby too. Yeah, I think ILM and TNT were defunct even during Ryan's leadership.

Myggen

I somehow missed that Choose Our Own Adventure was today... need to catch the archive on that one. Great that we'll (hopefully) get a regular Tuesday stream now!

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Whoa, did anyone see that NBA Live apparently only sold 8,000 copies? That's pretty rough even if the series hasn't been good in years.

That's only because Spike Lee's ghost basketball was the #1 selling game of the month. Hopefully they bring him on board to replace Kojima on Metal Gear.

I agree, I don't think Jeff was insinuating that it's because of the passing of Ryan, because technically almost every feature was his as he hosted everything. The Bombcast was Ryan's baby too. Yeah, I think ILM and TNT were defunct even during Ryan's leadership.

The last episodes of both were the week he passed away. It'd be a hell of a coincidence.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
yeah it's definitely gonna be more LIS judging by the vote thread

You can get yourself real frustrated if you start thinking about all the games that could have been made with the money EA's been throwing at NBA games for 4 years, desperately hoping that this is the year they'll unfuck it.

I'd have no complaints, picked it up just before the last stream and yeah it's really great

Definitely. I don't normally like adventure games and I've only just beaten Episode 2 but LiS is probably my goty and in top 10 of all time. Something about it is just resonating so well with me.

Oh man all this Destiny stuff this morning almost made me miss IT'S OFF AIR WHAT

THEY STARTED AT 9

THOSE MONSTERS

Edit-Wait it's looping last weeks? O.O

I used to be like that. But then I realized that I probably would have never played this game to begin with. So watching them is like I'm playing the game.

I'd love to watch but I'd love it even more if I experience it on my own. After doing so, I'd watch the archive so it's a win-win situation. I'm just worried that with such story driven games I would lose interest in playing as well as supporting the product if I just watched the whole thing play out.

Then again not everyone feels the same as I do so, yeah.

killroy87

I'm gonna throw out a wildcard for GOTY awards: I think Guitar Hero will make in on there in some way, shape or form. I dunno how, whether it be a random category win or on a staff top 10, but I just have a hunch.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Website stream has been working fine for me.

I'm gonna throw out a wildcard for GOTY awards: I think Guitar Hero will make in on there in some way, shape or form. I dunno how, whether it be a random category win or on a staff top 10, but I just have a hunch.
Best use of FMV. Fellow nominees: Need For Speed, Contradiction, Her Story.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
Man the soundtrack to this game is so bad. It's not quite as bad as the dialogue, but man...

The soundtrack couldn't be anymore perfect for the game... and the dialogue gets better, although it remains very tryhard (that's the point, though).

Good game, even if it is not at all the kind of thing I usually like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom