• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just on Gaming and a lot of people are very upset they can't ogle bikini girls in Fatal Frame

Fortunately I can come here, to my happy place

It's crazy that they felt the need to remove a bikini from an m-rated game where you get chased by murder ghosts and you watch someone slit their own throat. Regardless of the purity of posters' intentions, it's a fucking stupid change.

I was just on Gaming and a lot of people are very upset they can't ogle bikini girls in Fatal Frame

Fortunately I can come here, to my happy place

In this case it is a stupid censor because IIRX the story is the girl who you take pictures of is a model? So it is a case of stupid censorship.

tuxfool

Banned
ruh-roh

KkUAVjk.png

Man.... I really wish Dan wasn't the one doing the Bombastica on Quackshot. Isn't the whole point of them to teach the audience things they don't know? Dan constantly shitting on Disney and not even knowing Gyro Gearloose's name is borderline insulting. Sure I am a Disney fan but the last thing I want is Dan driving this game and crapping all over something he has gone on record multiple times saying he doesn't like nor does he know anything about. I was excited when I saw this on the schedule and now I don't think I can get passed the first 20 mins of this thing.

Myggen

Man.... I really wish Dan wasn't the one doing the Bombastica on Quackshot. Isn't the whole point of them to teach the audience things they don't know? Dan constantly shitting on Disney and not even knowing Gyro Gearloose's name is borderline insulting. Sure I am a Disney fan but the last thing I want is Dan driving this game and crapping all over something he has gone on record multiple times saying he doesn't like nor does he know anything about. I was excited when I saw this on the schedule and now I don't think I can get passed the first 20 mins of this thing.

I mean, he likes and knows a lot about the game and was actually quite good at it. Isn't that the point rather than liking everything surrounding it? Dan might fall back on being too dismissive when it comes to Disney, but he knows that game and that's what the feature is about in my eyes.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

Err, he likes the game a lot and knew quite a bit about it.

So what are you even taking about.

I mean, he likes and knows a lot about the game and was actually quite good at it. Isn't that the point rather than liking everything surrounding it? Who cares if he can't name a character in the game.

True. He does know a bunch about the game itself which is good, but maybe it's just me, but I think it would be better if it was done by someone who actually cared about the franchise it was representing instead of just saying Disney is a bunch of dumb trash for babies and not cool things for cool guys

Myggen

True. He does know a bunch about the game itself which is good, but maybe it's just me, but I think it would be better if it was done by someone who actually cared about the franchise it was representing instead of just saying Disney is a bunch of dumb trash for babies and not cool things for cool guys

Heh, that's Dan falling back to being too dismissive of something, which is something he's largely left behind. But I took that as a personal opinion and moved on.

Also, I highly doubt anyone else on staff could've done the game justice. Jeff didn't know much about it.

Crazy how much of this Jeff guessed in the 2014 GOTY stuff.

The story stuff is about what I expected but the fact that they've been trying to build a loot based MMOish game with dev tools that make the tiniest of changes a monumental undertaking was not something I expected. It really does explain a whole lot though.

Lelcar

Dan can be vocally ignorant about things sometimes sure, but I actually thought that he was super positive and open-minded for this Bombastica. I feel like Dan was extra smooth for this video, so I'm surprised that he's getting railed for this one. The way that he was talking about his personal opinions on Disney and other things were handled with more class than usual imo.

So much better when it comes to humor, that's for damn sure.

If we're being real about it, I always thought that Looney Tunes was a better "the whole family can enjoy it" kind of deal. The jokes always seemed better suited for a general audience, whereas Disney's idea of that comes off as "hey you can take your kids and maybe there'll be a reference or two Mom and Dad will enjoy."

danm999

"There's a story about what happened with Destiny, but I bet it'll be a decade before we ever hear about it. I bet my entire life's savings and any non-vital organs on it."

Expect that or a;

"We'll NEVER know what went down with Destiny but the shooting feels real gud."

Myggen

Oh yeah, Let's all listen extra closely to find the spot in the podcast where content was cut and then speculate widely. My guess is a four hour long Monster Hunter rant by Dan.

killroy87

If it's anything like Unity I want it to be Alex.

He's just very good at calmly pulling a game's nonsense apart.

I hope it's Brad, just because he tends to at least try to find a balance between bashing a game and playing it seriously. I'm in the minority that isn't chomping at the bit to 100% trash that game out of the gate

Ugh, it'll probably be Alex. He plays those most, I think

Alex will probably give the game a fair chance before he starts hating on it, if its not great, which is not something I think Jeff, Dan, or Brad is likely to do. I want to pick this Assassin's Creed up, but if impressions are bad I won't. I trust Alex to give more even impressions than just about anyone working at Giant Bomb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom