• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zocano

Yeah it's weird. I felt like I had already heard the story before but it was all from Jeff speculating on what he thought might have happened.

Not really, most people who had even a modicum of attention out towards the rumors floating about kinda pieced most of this together. This just clarifies a few of the details.

Bacon

Not really, most people who had even a modicum of attention out towards the rumors floating about kinda pieced most of this together. This just clarifies a few of the details.

Not really what? I just presented a personal anecdote, I wasn't arguing anything.

I still like AC and am getting Syndicate on Friday.

tMpUAf6.gif

Who am I kidding, I still like Kingdom Hearts. I have no room to judge.

danm999

I hope it's Brad, just because he tends to at least try to find a balance between bashing a game and playing it seriously. I'm in the minority that isn't chomping at the bit to 100% trash that game out of the gate

I don't think Alex would automatically trash a game but he'll do it if it needs it.

It's not really strange, the consoles are underpowered pieces of years old mid tier tech
trash
that couldn't run the game above 20 FPS so things had to be scaled down. Unity is still the best looking game on PC a year after launch, it's really far ahead of most other games in terms of scale, lighting, and general texture quality.

It's not really strange, the consoles are underpowered pieces of trash that couldn't run the game above 20 FPS so things had to be scaled down. Unity is still the best looking game on PC a year after launch, it's really far ahead of most other games in terms of scale, lighting, and general texture quality.

I mean, I understand the rationale, I just mean it's bizarre for a game series to take such a big step backward graphically.

Play it on PC, you will get the consistent performance without the downgrades to texture and lighting quality. Although NPC counts are down for the count on both platforms I imagine, although it'd be nice to have a GTAIV/V population slider.

Still don't think the Syndicate footage I've seen from the consoles looks that bad.

It's really strange just how much worse Syndicate looks than Unity visually.

So true. Unity was gorgeous and actually ran well with enough brute force. It didn't make the gameplay any more enjoyable but I stuck with it for a while just because it was so damn beautiful. Terrible pop-in was the only issue I had with the game visually. Syndicate still appears to still have nice environments, maybe a small step down from Unity but the human models are a HUGE step back.

popo

When a number of quick looks suddenly hit the schedule spaced a day apart - you can pretty much bank on them being GB East videos. Vinny seems to like sitting down and filming a bunch back to back. West is more loosey goosey and shove it up the next day at the latest.

It's not really strange, the consoles are underpowered pieces of years old mid tier tech
trash
that couldn't run the game above 20 FPS so things had to be scaled down. Unity is still the best looking game on PC a year after launch, it's really far ahead of most other games in terms of scale, lighting, and general texture quality.

While the underpowered stuff is true don't forget the game launched on fire and took multiple patches to fix on both consoles and PCs

No doubt they fixed it now but hoping that isn't the case with syndicate

One can only hope the month long PC delay was so that they made sure the PC version was on par with Unity.
While the underpowered stuff is true don't forget the game launched on fire and took multiple patches to fix on both consoles and PCs
True, but as of now it runs very well on PCs(I can get around 70 FPS on 1440P/Max settings with a 980Ti) and still runs like hot mess on the consoles. Only so much you can do. And again, it was no where near as bad a launch on PC as it was on consoles. Go watch the giantbomb quick look and see how surprised they are at how well the PC version runs. It was a good port(or well, base version) at launch and now it's a great one.

Zocano

I was hoping the news was early enough for them to talk about it on the bombcast but it'll have to be next week. Oh well ):

When a number of quick looks suddenly hit the schedule spaced a day apart - you can pretty much bank on them being GB East videos. Vinny seems to like sitting down and filming a bunch back to back. West is more loosey goosey and shove it up the next day at the latest.

also west doesn't have any video producers for the next two weeks

M3z_

Man next episode of COOA is going to be so real if they stick with Life is Strange. Keep playing and never turn back.

Everyone buy Harmony of Despair so I can finally put more time into it.

Also: Siren: Blood Curse is one of the greatest horror games of all times and you can get it for 8 dollars. If you aren't aware it's made by the team behind Gravity Daze.

danm999

I need the abridged version of this article.

They decided they hated the story towards the end of development, so huge parts of the game were scrapped and a kind of Frankenstein's monster of bits and bobs was pushed out the door.

After release they went and met with Blizzard to ask them how they'd fixed Diablo III and that was the inspiration for Taken King.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom