• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know you're spending too much money when you get 3 separate shipping notifications within 2 minutes hahaha.

Gotta love that crazy deal.. That new XB1 controller (not the elite one) WITH a PC Wireless Adapter for 30$CDN (that's like 20USD)

I was going to buy the wireless thing but I'll just keep using usb cable. Also close to getting that elite.

I mean, there are plenty of games coming out that are rushed out the door, not entirely finished, have unsatisfying stories, and exploit players through unnecessary microtransactions.

Yet none of them have the freedom for you to approach the missions in anyway you want. They also don't have the option for you to experiment with fuck tons of equipment because developers love hand holding abit too much, the discussions I had about how I did missions in MGS5 with people I knew have been super interesting. I didn't even talk about how you could bring weapons, vehicles, tanks, buddies.etc on the fly during missions or bombard a base or change the weather.etc I'll just say this, there are many moments during the game where I was sure that would be a mission failed because playing many other games taught me that but in this game? It isn't. You didn't get this shit done right? Well tough luck, do your next best thing now.

I don't get how they are "exploiting" players since you can complete the game and achieve 100% with ease without paying a single cent. Unnecessary microtransactions is where I'd leave it at. I was satisfied with the story so I don't know about you. The execution was not there but I see what Kojima was going for, understood it and enjoyed it. Can it be done better? fuck yes it could have but what we got was still very interesting then many 3rd person action games out there. You could have just said "I hated the story and everything about it" and I would understand. I on the other hand didn't because I went in with no expectations as I do with all things considering entertainment.

MGO is also pretty damn fun if you're playing with people who know what the fuck they are doing. FOB is also good but could have been done much better, I hated how they implemented it within the game or more like forced it but I still enjoyed messing around with it. It definitely gets boring later on but the thrill of playing an FOB in the first few hours I messed with it were great. To say that MGS5 is an unfinished product blows my mind when it does too much and does so much right(even when it isn't everything). Considering that's Koji pro's first take on an Open World game? fantastic.

Seems like they got their copy really late, Jeff was installing it last night. So expect something soon with it.

Didn't it just come out yesterday too? I read about how they're dealing with microtransactions...and boy does it seem like it's going to be a fun quick look.

Holy shit I took like 300 screenshots just during Life is Strange ep5. Gotta give that Share button a rest. (Also, I feel like no one really talks about just how fucking good that game looks. The whole package is dragged down by the subpar character animation and the awful facial animation, but the rest of it looks so damn good.)

I'm right there with you.

I think my current GOTY is a game that didn't even come out this year.

I've just been passing time building the dumbest spaceships I can in Kerbal and watching them fail spectacularly

I guess you can't technically call them spaceships if they don't go anywhere near escaping the atmosphere

repeater

So, uhh, Quick Look Live of Zelda going on right now at www.twitch.tv/giantbomb, it seems.

EDIT: Right now I've got sound but only the GB logo instead of video. Something on my side or Jeff's video production skills not quite being up to snuff? :p

Myggen

So, uhh, Quick Look Live of Zelda going on right now at www.twitch.tv/giantbomb, it seems.

EDIT: Right now I've got sound but only the GB logo instead of video. Something on my side or Jeff's video production skills not quite being up to snuff? :p

That's weird as hell. Maybe they didn't even mean to stream it, neither Jeff nor Dan announced it on Twitter, it was never on the schedule and the GB twitter account didn't say anything about it. And it's only on Twitch.

im watching it right now (feels kinda creepy tbh).

Seems Jeff messed up somewhere lol

That's weird as hell. Maybe they didn't even mean to stream it, neither Jeff nor Dan announced it on Twitter, it was never on the schedule and the GB twitter account didn't say anything about. And it's only on Twitch.

Yea it looks like Jeff forgot or hasn't realized.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom